Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reported post not acted upon

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ok then ... you said it would depend on the circumstances. This is a genuine question ... Can you please tell me under what circumstances you would allow a poster to accuse another of being a whiney bollix?

He didn't call anyone "a whiney bollix". He said that their behaviour (i.e. "acting like") could be compared to one. It's a subtle difference, but significant enough as to make it a comment on a person's actions rather than their character. And in fairness, if you consider that poster's choice of username, it's not something to be taken absolutely and 100% seriously. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not you are not. You have consistently used Feedback to grind your axe, both on this account and older accounts. No more. You are a timesink.

I am reluctant to remove anyone's Feedback access but you are banned for one month.

dudara

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Either you're on a wind up, or you've gone full rainman here. Or I suspect a little from column A and a little from column B. And now you'll get the thread locked and you'll be rocking back and forth hugging yourself, all happy for being proved "right".
    Pawwed Rig wrote:
    Yes I responded to you on it????
    Look P, as I said earlier, you're on a road to nowhere here.
    You simply cannot satisfy someone whose existence and worldview is predicated on being unsatisfied and it is foolish to try.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well this one percolated overnight.

look the OP was about reported posts not being actioned. The reasons for this were given and time was allowed for follow up questions or clarifications.

At this stage its going in circles with the same demands being made as those that were previously responded to and with different mods/cmods/admins responding with the same basic message just with variance in language or phrase.

The basic take away from this should be:
    Dont be a dick and all will be good.

Mods are there to help discussion along, not stomp all over opinions and they are well aware of this.

This is a discussion site where posters should come to enjoy a bit of discussion with peers of differing opinion. Do that. Dont try to point score or play the rules.

We used to have another basic rule of "grow a thicker skin". Its the internet. Not everyone is going to be polite and kind, some emotive topics are going to provoke a less-than-courteous response especially if its coming from a poster with a strong opinion on the matter.

closing this thread as its gone past the point where it has any productive value for boards or its users.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement