Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

Options
  • 08-07-2016 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just wondering has anyone here had a positive experience dealing with eir as for the last 7 months I have been lied too and fobbed off with ever extending completion dates. Really getting fed up talking to customer care who are equally in the dark about my case as I am.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

cesaro wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone here had a positive experience dealing with eir as for the last 7 months I have been lied too and fobbed off with ever extending completion dates. Really getting fed up talking to customer care who are equally in the dark about my case as I am.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cesaro,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration and I am very sorry for the delays, I am looking into your query now and will be back to you shortly via PM.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AChu

I am having a disasterous experience with Eir customer care also.
    I have logged numerous calls to the customer care email address as well as calling the customer care line. All I want to do is log in online and see my bill. It's so simple! The man I spoke to at customer care said he could raise a ticket but really didnt recommend it as it would be much faster if I just emailed the customer care email address and they would be back to me within the hour. Over a week later and I emailed to ask for an update. I got the same automated response saying it would be 2 more days before they would respond to that!
    To add insult to injury I just got an email asking me to comment in a survey on the service I had recently recieved with customer care! What service? I've just been fobbed off consistently for a login that should be set up in less than 5 minutes!

Ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

AChu wrote: »
    I have logged numerous calls to the customer care email address as well as calling the customer care line. All I want to do is log in online and see my bill. It's so simple! The man I spoke to at customer care said he could raise a ticket but really didnt recommend it as it would be much faster if I just emailed the customer care email address and they would be back to me within the hour. Over a week later and I emailed to ask for an update. I got the same automated response saying it would be 2 more days before they would respond to that!
    To add insult to injury I just got an email asking me to comment in a survey on the service I had recently recieved with customer care! What service? I've just been fobbed off consistently for a login that should be set up in less than 5 minutes!

Ridiculous!
    Hi AChu,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am extremely sorry to hear you have had this experience so far with us. This is not the level of service we aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department. 

Can you advise the error message you are getting when you try to login please? 

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AChu

eir: Ciara wrote: »

Ridiculous!
    Hi AChu,

Thank you for getting in touch. I am extremely sorry to hear you have had this experience so far with us. This is not the level of service we aim to provide and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department. 

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara
    I'm entering my account number and the phone number that was on my account info. However I know that the account number is now deactivated, so on registration I've tried my old phone number (021 number) as well as my mobile number along with the account number. The message is "We're sorry we couldnt verify the account information you provided. Please check the numbers you entered and try again". I can not login and get an online bill and I dont seem to be getting a hard copy bill either. Can you help please? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »

Ridiculous!
    Hi AChu,

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara
    I'm entering my account number and the phone number that was on my account info. However I know that the account number is now deactivated, so on registration I've tried my old phone number (021 number) as well as my mobile number along with the account number. The message is "We're sorry we couldnt verify the account information you provided. Please check the numbers you entered and try again". I can not login and get an online bill and I dont seem to be getting a hard copy bill either. Can you help please? 
    Hi AChu,

I am very sorry to hear this. Have you an active account with Eir or is the bill you are trying to view from a cancelled account?

-Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mnolan198

I wouldnt buy a SIM card off them. The worst company I have ever dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just wondering has anyone here had a positive experience dealing with eir as for the last 7 months I have care who are equally in the dark about my case as I am.

Really poor experience,left over 45.minutes hanging,call dropped,plus spoke to 15/20 customer care,cancellation felt,tech help etc,etc,can't port my number to new provider,leaving in 2 weeks,inept crowd(not all)really poor c care,I've spent 9 days,on phone,eir chat,approx 20 plus hours ,and a lot of calls dropped ,I've been lied to,promised by 2,(have names)that they personally will sort out my problem,guess what?didn't ,promised to ring me,didn't,I'll never,ever,go with eir/meteor again,absolutely ****e service,should be called customer DON'T CARE

Just wondering has anyone here had a positive experience dealing with eir as for the last 7 months I have  care who are equally in the dark about my case as I am.

Really poor experience,left over 45.minutes hanging,call dropped,plus spoke to 15/20 customer care,cancellation felt,tech help etc,etc,can't port my number to new provider,leaving in 2 weeks,inept crowd(not all)really poor c care,I've spent 9 days,on phone,eir chat,approx 20 plus hours ,and a lot of calls dropped ,I've been lied to,promised by 2,(have names)that they personally will sort out my problem,guess what?didn't ,promised to ring me,didn't,I'll never,ever,go with eir/meteor again,absolutely ****e service,should be called customer DON'T CARE
    I'm very sorry to hear this corks finest, is there anything I can asssit you with from here?

-Pamela 

thanks for asking,but honestly short of flogging the ppl who lied,left me down,passed the buck ,left me hanging ,no,was a loyal meteor customer,nearly 10 years,you could start by copying their manifest,CUSTOMERS ALWAYS COME FIRST,SPOKE TO 3 NICE EIR PPL FROM THE 15 PLUS EIR GROUP,SAYS SOMETHING,YE DONT GIVE A ****E,REBECA,ROMANIAN LADY WAS FAB,AS WAS CHELSEA THIS MORNING(ANOTHER 40 MINUTES)question,ANY OF THE  CLOWNS WHO MISHANDLED MY PROBLEM,ANYONE OF THEM GETTING TALKED TO(NOT A HOPE)YERE A DISGRACE,AT THE MOMENT IM LOOKUNG FOR ALL MY PHONE CHAT TO CUSTOMER CARE SINCE 22 ND OF LAST MONTH,TO PASS ON TO COMM REG,YOURE PPL NEED RETRAING IN BASIC MANNERS.,LOOKING FORWARD TO NEVER CONTACTING EIR AGAIN ,ONCE IM SORTED,WHICH THIS MORNING I WAS PROMISED ,,,,,,,NOT HOLDING MY BREATH,NO FAITH IN YOURE COMPANY ALTOGETHER,AND REF APOLOGIES,THEY DONT WASH ,IF I DID WHAT YOU DID TO ME LATELY,ID GET FIRED,TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY,JUST RECEIVED NOTICE OF MY CAncellation 30 days from now,which it incorrect,for if eir could get their loyalty /cancellation gang updated,theyd see that i gAVE YE 30 DAYS NOTICE SINCE 22ND OF AUGUST,,,,,,,,WAITING FOR SOME HONEST ANSWERS

thanks for asking,but honestly short of flogging the ppl who lied,left me down,passed the buck ,left me hanging ,no,was a loyal meteor customer,nearly 10 years,you could start by copying their manifest,CUSTOMERS ALWAYS COME FIRST,SPOKE TO 3 NICE EIR PPL FROM THE 15 PLUS EIR GROUP,SAYS SOMETHING,YE DONT GIVE A ****E,REBECA,ROMANIAN LADY WAS FAB,AS WAS CHELSEA THIS MORNING(ANOTHER 40 MINUTES)question,ANY OF THE  CLOWNS WHO MISHANDLED MY PROBLEM,ANYONE OF THEM GETTING TALKED TO(NOT A HOPE)YERE A DISGRACE,AT THE MOMENT IM LOOKUNG FOR ALL MY PHONE CHAT TO CUSTOMER CARE SINCE 22 ND OF LAST MONTH,TO PASS ON TO COMM REG,YOURE PPL NEED RETRAING IN BASIC MANNERS.,LOOKING FORWARD TO NEVER CONTACTING EIR AGAIN ,ONCE IM SORTED,WHICH THIS MORNING I WAS PROMISED ,,,,,,,NOT HOLDING MY BREATH,NO FAITH IN YOURE COMPANY ALTOGETHER,AND REF APOLOGIES,THEY DONT WASH ,IF I DID WHAT YOU DID TO ME LATELY,ID GET FIRED,TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY,JUST RECEIVED NOTICE OF MY CAncellation 30 days from now,which it incorrect,for if eir could get their loyalty /cancellation gang updated,theyd see that i gAVE YE 30 DAYS NOTICE SINCE 22ND OF AUGUST,,,,,,,,WAITING FOR SOME HONEST ANSWERS
    I'm so sorry to hear of this experience corks finest, sincere apologies this is definitely not the service we aim to provide.
    Can you PM me your account number and I will look into this now?

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

I'm so sorry to hear of this experience corks finest, sincere apologies this is definitely not the service we aim to provide.
    Can you PM me your account number and I will look into this now?

-Pamela 
    No need for p.m. 13256660

As I'm gone soon

As I'm gone soon
    Thanks  corks finestI'm afraid we are not available on boards.ie after 5pm. I have checked this and I can confirm this account has been logged for manual cancellation today as per agreed on your previous call. I would also reccomend removing your account number from public view for security reasons.

-Pamela 

Thanks  corks finestI'm afraid we are not available on boards.ie after 5pm. I have checked this and I can confirm this account has been logged for manual cancellation today as per agreed on your previous call. I would also reccomend removing your account number from public view for security reasons.

-Pamela 

Still no answers,excuses ref eir dismal customer care,lies,half truths,and calls dropped,well?hope dome ppl here on boards realise that eir customer (don't care)fob ppl off ,nothing short of shoddy work ,thank God I'm not depending on eir for anything important,,,does eir c care staff even get trained up?

-Pamela 

Still no answers,excuses ref eir dismal customer care,lies,half truths,and calls dropped,well?hope dome ppl here on boards realise that eir customer (don't care)fob ppl off ,nothing short of shoddy work ,thank God I'm not depending on eir for anything important,,,does eir c care staff even get trained up?
    I'm sorry you feel this way corks finest, let me know what you need assistance with other than the account cancellation and I would be more than happy to assist.

-Pamela 

Thanks corks finest, I'm afraid we are not available on boards.ie after 5pm. I have checked this and I can confirm this account has been logged for manual cancellation today as per agreed on your previous call. I would also reccomend removing your account number from public view for security reasons.

-Pamela

I'm sorry you feel this way corks finest, let me know what you need assistance with other than the account cancellation and I would be more than happy to assist.

-Pamela
    Thanks,sorry I ate you,nothing to do with you personally,still waiting to get ported

Thanks corks finest, I'm afraid we are not available on boards.ie after 5pm. I have checked this and I can confirm this account has been logged for manual cancellation today as per agreed on your previous call. I would also reccomend removing your account number from public view for security reasons.

-Pamela

I'm sorry you feel this way corks finest, let me know what you need assistance with other than the account cancellation and I would be more than happy to assist.

-Pamela
    Thanks,sorry I ate you,nothing to do with you personally,still waiting to get ported
    It's like a norse saga,goes on,and on,d not think at this stage I'll ever get ported

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mnolan198

Doesnt surprise me in the least. Definitely the worst Company I have dealt with over the last 30 years of buying Utilities, Insurance ,etc.

-Pamela

-Pamela
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It's no problem at all [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]corks finest, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration with this. If you do need any further assistance please do let me know.[/font]

pamela hi,at last my problem is solved,and it took a corkman ,john keating to do it,im very grateful to him,he went out of his way to help,he listened,and sorted it,unlike the other 18/20 eir customer care ppl,hes a star,the rest fallen stars,extremley glad im away from eir,they are a shambles,great products,crap ppl represting them,bar a v small few.

• Advertisement

pamela hi,at last my problem is solved,and it took a corkman ,john keating to do it,im very grateful to him,he went out of his way to help,he listened,and sorted it,unlike the other 18/20 eir customer care ppl,hes a star,the rest fallen stars,extremley glad im away from eir,they are a shambles,great products,crap ppl represting them,bar a v small few.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]corks finest,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]That's great to hear that your service is restored, I'll pass this feedback onto John. Again sincere apologies for your eir experience to date.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Switched to eir at the start of the year and it's been a nightmare from day one. I think I've had one Bill correct out of seven or eight. Avoid.

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Switched to eir at the start of the year and it's been a nightmare from day one. I think I've had one Bill correct out of seven or eight. Avoid.
    Leave asap,get out of dodge,dont even take the horse,run,run,run,!

Sixtoes wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sixtoes,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this, is there anything I can assist you with?[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this but I'll ask anyway.  I ordered a 128gb iPhone 7 on the 16th over the phone.  It still hadn't arrived yesterday after contacting eir customer care on Twitter almost every day for a week.  I rang a number i got from the care team on Twitter yesterday at 4pm.  I found out it was a 7 plus that was ordered which I know I didn't do.  I was told she'd contact her supervisor and get back to me within an hour.  I heard nothing till 12 today when I contacted them on Twitter and agin was told they'd get back to me.  At half 5 I still hadn't heard anything so called again and was basically told the iPhone 7 plus was going to be sent out tomorrow and it would be here by Friday.  I told him I didn't order or want an iPhone 7 Plus but it was like talking to a brick wall, he kept repeating the same 3 or 4 sentences.  He then told me that the iPhone 7 Plus 128gb was the same price as the iPhone 7 128gb which I told him it wasn't as I was looking at eir's site at the time and the phone I wanted and ordered was €100 cheaper than the phone they were sending me and again he kept repeating 3 or 4 sentences. Is there anything I can do to get the phone I ordered on the 16th?

jpt1980 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this but I'll ask anyway.  I ordered a 128gb iPhone 7 on the 16th over the phone.  It still hadn't arrived yesterday after contacting eir customer care on Twitter almost every day for a week.  I rang a number i got from the care team on Twitter yesterday at 4pm.  I found out it was a 7 plus that was ordered which I know I didn't do.  I was told she'd contact her supervisor and get back to me within an hour.  I heard nothing till 12 today when I contacted them on Twitter and agin was told they'd get back to me.  At half 5 I still hadn't heard anything so called again and was basically told the iPhone 7 plus was going to be sent out tomorrow and it would be here by Friday.  I told him I didn't order or want an iPhone 7 Plus but it was like talking to a brick wall, he kept repeating the same 3 or 4 sentences.  He then told me that the iPhone 7 Plus 128gb was the same price as the iPhone 7 128gb which I told him it wasn't as I was looking at eir's site at the time and the phone I wanted and ordered was €100 cheaper than the phone they were sending me and again he kept repeating 3 or 4 sentences. Is there anything I can do to get the phone I ordered on the 16th?
    You can get a transcript or recording from them,of your conversation,u have to obviously demand it,worst shower in Ireland,they haven't got a customer care team

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

I only wish i had of seen this talk to eir page on boards before we signed up with them. I would have avoided them straight away. We moved to eir to try save some money, but in the long run it has really cost us! 

Ive dealt with most of the major companies - Sky, Vodafone, o2/3 and eir is by far the worst i have ever dealt with. Its nearly 2 years since we got eir in and its problem after problem with either service but mainly bills. And they still aren't sorted.

Just cant wait till our contact is up and i can get rid of it for once and for all.

Big Vern wrote: »
    I only wish i had of seen this talk to eir page on boards before we signed up with them. I would have avoided them straight away. We moved to eir to try save some money, but in the long run it has really cost us! 

Ive dealt with most of the major companies - Sky, Vodafone, o2/3 and eir is by far the worst i have ever dealt with. Its nearly 2 years since we got eir in and its problem after problem with either service but mainly bills. And they still aren't sorted.

Just cant wait till our contact is up and i can get rid of it for once and for all.

Ppl need to know,how bad they really are,I chatted to maybe 2,who cared,didn't fob me off,so upset me for nearly 3 weeks,day,in,day out,their sister company Meteor are absolutely fab in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Big Vern wrote: »

Ppl need to know,how bad they really are,I chatted to  maybe 2,who cared,didn't fob me off,so upset me for nearly 3 weeks,day,in,day out,their sister company Meteor are absolutely fab in comparison
    I remember been on the phone to them one day and one of the customer service reps was so rude it was unreal! They actually laughed at one stage. Just didn't care one bit. Then you get others who will be so nice and you think it will be sorted but they never actually do anything.

If anyone who mentions eir to me i let them know how bad they are and my experiences!

• Advertisement

For anyone,like me who cancelled their eir contracts after the last price increase BEWARE,being cynical ref eir,asked Pamela here in boards via pm,to check my current status,hard to believe according to eir my driver broadband contract was still active,and being charged for,again contacted eir,who said it was now cancelled(yesterday) stating they had system problems,that was the reason my contact was still active,unbeleivable shower if idiotic,half trained,uncaring lol,no wonder lol hate dealing with them,,, requested an email confirming I was eir contact free,put on hold 20 minutes,asked Nikita when I'd receive this email,dudht know she replies,asked why she didn't know?,never asked before was her reply,again asked when,on hold again,15 minutes,finally she said,i SHOULD receiv it in 5 working days,a gain I asked ,I will,or I won't receive it ,stammered,and eventually said I would receive it within the 5 days,i mean come on eir,get your house in order,if you pp lwere in a job that had real bosses,most of ye would be sacked,i implore people,dont be fooled by eir,they promise all,deliver nothing good,,,,,,must think the public are imbeciles

Advertisement