Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevin700

cesaro wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone here had a positive experience dealing with eir as for the last 7 months I have been lied too and fobbed off with ever extending completion dates. Really getting fed up talking to customer care who are equally in the dark about my case as I am.

I would put EIR right up there right up there with BORD GAIS
    (Two companies with the customer care intelligence of monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Just wondering has anyone here had a positive experience dealing with eir as for the last 7 months I have been lied too and fobbed off with ever extending completion dates. Really getting fed up talking to customer care who are equally in the dark about my case as I am.
    Dont know about EIR but VODAFONE are a nighmare too. Your description is exactly what has been happening with VODAFONE. Awful service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Dont know about EIR but VODAFONE are a nighmare too. Your description is exactly what has been happening with VODAFONE. Awful service.
    Surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

Advice for people having trouble with Eir customer support. At the start of each call ask them to read out the notes they have of all your previous calls. Saves you having to repeat your case every time. I found this worked for me after several months of time wasting.

This is a conversation I had last year:

Eir: Mr xxx we are calling you about your account which seems to be in arrears

Me: Can you read out the notes you have on this case so far?

Eir: (after reading all notes) Apologies Mr xxx I see now that there is an error on our side.

Me: OK. Thanks. Bye.

Also, how come so many of your long on hold calls get dropped? Is there any sort of compensation, even explanation, as to how this happens? Pretty bad for a phone company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Advice for people having trouble with Eir customer support. At the start of each call ask them to read out the notes they have of all your previous calls. Saves you having to repeat your case every time. I found this worked for me after several months of time wasting.

Eir: (after reading all notes) Apologies Mr xxx I see now that there is an error on our side.

Also, how come so many of your long on hold calls get dropped? Is there any sort of compensation, even explanation, as to how this happens? Pretty bad for a phone company.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Live at Three,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Is there anything I can help you with?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Live at Three,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Is there anything I can help you with?[/font]

No thanks Pamela, I got sorted eventually. Could you tell me though, do customer support people actually hang up on customers or is it just a fault in the system? Has happened to me a good few times, especially while being on hold.

For ages.

During work.

No thanks Pamela, I got sorted eventually. Could you tell me though, do customer support people actually hang up on customers or is it just a fault in the system? Has happened to me a good few times, especially while being on hold.

For ages.

During work.
    I'm sorry to hear this  Live at Three. I'll have this issue flagged & your feedback relayed to the relevant team. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

Here is my conversation with one of their staff.

Info at 10:59, Feb 9:
    Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with Vinoth.

Vinoth at 10:59, Feb 9:
    Welcome to the eir Sales webchat, my name is Vinoth how can I help you today?

You at 10:59, Feb 9:
    I would like to switch to eir if there is high speed in my area
    You at 11:00, Feb 9:
    my number is xxxxxxxxx

Vinoth at 11:00, Feb 9:
    Can I have the full address or landline number if any to check the speed of your line?

Vinoth at 11:01, Feb 9:
    One moment please. I will check that for you.

Does the address is as per below?

xxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxxxxxx xxxx

You at 11:01, Feb 9:
    yep

Vinoth at 11:03, Feb 9:
    Michael, Your line is fibre enabled with speed of 7 mbps. But your line is fibre, so there will not be issue in speed

You at 11:03, Feb 9:
    people in the village have 100mbps

You at 11:04, Feb 9:
    i curr4ently have 12 with sky

currently

Vinoth at 11:05, Feb 9:
    Michael, The speed differs house to house. If youget more speed you can upgrade with free of cost.

The download limit will be up to 1TB

You at 11:05, Feb 9:
    when can I check the top speed I will be able to achieve

Vinoth at 11:07, Feb 9:
    As soon as possible Michael, our tech engineers are working area by are for high speed fibre roll out.

You at 11:08, Feb 9:
    when will this fiber be available

I need someone to get it into my home

Vinoth at 11:09, Feb 9:
    Your line is fibre enabled Michael.

You at 11:09, Feb 9:
    so I can get 100mbps now

you can guarantee me higher speeds than I am getting with sky

Vinoth at 11:10, Feb 9:
    Not now Michael, In futiure you will surel get speed up to 100 or extreme fibre up to 1000 mnps

You at 11:11, Feb 9:
    all you have offered me is 7mbps now and are saying I will get faster in the future which is no good to me now

I have already got faster with sky

Vinoth at 11:12, Feb 9:
    Micheal, I will say 7 mbps which you are getting now is good.

I have 12

You will get 6 sports channels free, installation free

Vinoth at 11:13, Feb 9:
    In future you will get speed up to 100. But we are not sure of the date Michael.

You at 11:12, Feb 9:
    My inquiry is about faster broadband not about free stuff

You at 11:13, Feb 9:
    you are offering me slower broadband

Michael, You will get faster broadband in future

no good to me sorry

Vinoth at 11:14, Feb 9:
    We have 14 days cooling off period Michael.

this is useless

I am sorry for that Michael.

Vinoth at 11:15, Feb 9:
    Is there anything else I can help you with today?

You at 11:16, Feb 9:
    no

Vinoth at 11:17, Feb 9:
    Thank you for chatting with us today. We really value your comments & opinions and ask that you please take a moment to fill out the exit survey when you click on the close chat “X” button.

Have a nice day Michael.

Guinness69 wrote: »
    Here is my conversation with one of their staff.

Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with Vinoth.

Vinoth at 10:59, Feb 9:
    Welcome to the eir Sales webchat, my name is Vinoth how can I help you today?

You at 10:59, Feb 9:
    I would like to switch to eir if there is high speed in my area
    You at 11:00, Feb 9:
    my number is xxxxxxxxx

Vinoth at 11:00, Feb 9:
    Can I have the full address or landline number if any to check the speed of your line?

One moment please. I will check that for you.

Does the address is as per below?

xxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxxxxxx xxxx

You at 11:01, Feb 9:
    yep

Vinoth at 11:03, Feb 9:
    Michael, Your line is fibre enabled with speed of 7 mbps. But your line is fibre, so there will not be issue in speed

You at 11:03, Feb 9:
    people in the village have 100mbps

i curr4ently have 12 with sky

currently

Michael, The speed differs house to house. If youget more speed you can upgrade with free of cost.

The download limit will be up to 1TB

You at 11:05, Feb 9:
    when can I check the top speed I will be able to achieve

Vinoth at 11:07, Feb 9:
    As soon as possible Michael, our tech engineers are working area by are for high speed fibre roll out.

when will this fiber be available

I need someone to get it into my home

Vinoth at 11:09, Feb 9:
    Your line is fibre enabled Michael.

so I can get 100mbps now

you can guarantee me higher speeds than I am getting with sky

Vinoth at 11:10, Feb 9:
    Not now Michael, In futiure you will surel get speed up to 100 or extreme fibre up to 1000 mnps

all you have offered me is 7mbps now and are saying I will get faster in the future which is no good to me now

I have already got faster with sky

Micheal, I will say 7 mbps which you are getting now is good.

I have 12

You will get 6 sports channels free, installation free

In future you will get speed up to 100. But we are not sure of the date Michael.

You at 11:12, Feb 9:
    My inquiry is about faster broadband not about free stuff

you are offering me slower broadband

Michael, You will get faster broadband in future

no good to me sorry

We have 14 days cooling off period Michael.

this is useless

I am sorry for that Michael.

Vinoth at 11:15, Feb 9:
    Is there anything else I can help you with today?

You at 11:16, Feb 9:
    no

Thank you for chatting with us today. We really value your comments & opinions and ask that you please take a moment to fill out the exit survey when you click on the close chat “X” button.

Have a nice day Michael.
    Hi  Guinness69,

Thanks for getting in touch & thanks for sharing your experience with us. 

From viewing this I can see that very little clarity was offered here & I apologise.  If you would like to PM me your location I would be more than happy to check for an update on any efibre upgrades in your area. I've also passed this conversation onto the web chat team as feedback.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IamKeith2017

Absolutely disgusted with the treatment of my case to date with EIR. Service installed on 5th December after being lied to about what it was I was getting. Had Virgin Media which I liked, just the service technology was over loaded. Asked what all the questions about what was on offer
    Q. How many channels can you record while watching the TV?
    A. Record 3 while watching a 4th.
    Fact. Record 1 while watching 1

Q. Does your service have demand?
    A. Yes
    Fact. No demand service

Q. Does the package I am signing up for have Nick Jnr and Cartoon Network
    A. Yes
    Fact. Not provided on the package I was signing up for

I stated I wanted to ring my current provider (Virgin Media) to see if I was in contract.
    I was told that there was no need to contact them as I would receive a switcher pack and any early cancellation or exit fees would be covered by EIR. I was told I would receive a predetermined letter to fill my details in on and a prepaid envelope to send it in.
    2 months later I received a letter that my 6 year old could do a better job of pulling together to send to Virgin Media.

Turns out I owe them €300. I have received a debt collectors letter from them since because they want their end closed off.

You would think I was put through enough at that but no. I rang on the 6th December and I was told my account wasn't active and I would have to ring back the next night. When I rang back on the 7th December it turns out the girl I spoke to could access my account but just didn't want to help. I was told a call pull would be organised and this can take up to 30 days. Since then I have rang EIR numerous times to no avail. I have been refused access to a manager to discuss my issues. I have had an offer of €180 credit on my account which I have refused as a resolution to the case (guess what? To get the 2 kids channels I wanted and was told I would have costs an extra €10 a month and after the introductory offer I would have 18 months left).

To top it all off, I have been informed that the call pulling team no longer exists. The person who informed me of this has also informed me that there are that many complaints coming in on a daily basis that EIR cannot keep staff. So that means everyone who I talk to is inexperienced.

And the final issue is that the introductory offer of €55 a month is not applied to my account. All bills to date have been €110. In my contact with EIR's inexperienced call centre staff I have been told any monies over paid will be credited to my account. Not refunded, credited, which means they have over charged me and will gain interest on my money while it sits in their account.

I am absolutely disgusted with the way EIR have treated me to date, the lack of interest in my case and the out and our lies that have been sold to me and fed to me by their staff.

I will be contacting the CCPC tomorrow as well as my solicitor to see what my next step will be.

The stress this has caused me and my family is not acceptable and I would advise anyone thinking of moving to EIR not to. STAY AWAY FROM EIR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Parjer21

Absolutely disgusted with the treatment of my case to date with EIR. Service installed on 5th December after being lied to about what it was I was getting. Had Virgin Media which I liked, just the service technology was over loaded. Asked what all the questions about what was on offer
    Q. How many channels can you record while watching the TV?
    A. Record 3 while watching a 4th.
    Fact. Record 1 while watching 1

Q. Does your service have demand?
    A. Yes
    Fact. No demand service

Q. Does the package I am signing up for have Nick Jnr and Cartoon Network
    A. Yes
    Fact. Not provided on the package I was signing up for

I stated I wanted to ring my current provider (Virgin Media) to see if I was in contract.
    I was told that there was no need to contact them as I would receive a switcher pack and any early cancellation or exit fees would be covered by EIR. I was told I would receive a predetermined letter to fill my details in on and a prepaid envelope to send it in.
    2 months later I received a letter that my 6 year old could do a better job of pulling together to send to Virgin Media.

Turns out I owe them €300. I have received a debt collectors letter from them since because they want their end closed off.

You would think I was put through enough at that but no. I rang on the 6th December and I was told my account wasn't active and I would have to ring back the next night. When I rang back on the 7th December it turns out the girl I spoke to could access my account but just didn't want to help. I was told a call pull would be organised and this can take up to 30 days. Since then I have rang EIR numerous times to no avail. I have been refused access to a manager to discuss my issues. I have had an offer of €180 credit on my account which I have refused as a resolution to the case (guess what? To get the 2 kids channels I wanted and was told I would have costs an extra €10 a month and after the introductory offer I would have 18 months left).

To top it all off, I have been informed that the call pulling team no longer exists. The person who informed me of this has also informed me that there are that many complaints coming in on a daily basis that EIR cannot keep staff. So that means everyone who I talk to is inexperienced.

And the final issue is that the introductory offer of €55 a month is not applied to my account. All bills to date have been €110. In my contact with EIR's inexperienced call centre staff I have been told any monies over paid will be credited to my account. Not refunded, credited, which means they have over charged me and will gain interest on my money while it sits in their account.

I am absolutely disgusted with the way EIR have treated me to date, the lack of interest in my case and the out and our lies that have been sold to me and fed to me by their staff.

I will be contacting the CCPC tomorrow as well as my solicitor to see what my next step will be.

The stress this has caused me and my family is not acceptable and I would advise anyone thinking of moving to EIR not to. STAY AWAY FROM EIR!

Just wondering if this got resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

You think you have problems.............. :)

I need help to resolve this as EIR are totally ignoring the situation.

38 years a customer with EIR and :

EIR have over  € 500 in credit that on my account that I cannot access

EIR have cut off my business , without notice while accounts were in
    credit

EIR have then insisted that I pay a reconnection fee, while still in
    credit

EIR have generated at least 3 other accounts for my business account
    and I have no access to any of them

EIR will not supply me statements for these or advise how funds are
    transferred between them

EIR have said they will forward cheque and never did.

EIR management at all levels have totally ignored all communications

EIR "customer service" cannot solve the problem, promise to do so and
    never come back.  

EIR "case management" cannot solve the problem, promise to do so and
    never come back.

EIR have been requested under the data protection act to forward my
    information and will not.

EIR can only provide a sub-standard 10 -13 Mb  High speed broadband in
    DUBLIN 15 in 2017 !

and I should have mentioned that after emailing most of EIR directors, most of their management team and many of their "customer care" teams... response, directly zero....  I did get some indirect response that confirmed that the emails and txt messages were received...  mushroom treatment ninjas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi eddie,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am very sorry to hear of your experiences to date.

Can you please PM me your account number and full anme and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

im not even going to list out my ongoing issue tbh its so long. Just have a look at my thread if your interested in a pure runaround :D. Useless company who il leave the second siro or a decent alternative to eirs phone line monopoly shows up in my area 

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi eddie,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am very sorry to hear of your experiences to date.

Can you please PM me your account number and full anme and I will look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Anna,

I pm'd you as requested with account information and have had no followup, I PM's you again to ask the question and still no follow up....  can you advise / comment ?

Thanks

Eddie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

eddie wrote: »
    eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi eddie,

Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Anna,

I pm'd you as requested with account information and have had no followup, I PM's you again to ask the question and still no follow up....  can you advise / comment ?

Thanks

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I have checked my PM's and unfortunately, I have not received yours. 

Can you please PM me your account details again?

Thank you so much, 
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JoeT1000

Can't start new post so sorry about posting here,

Eir do not allow their customers in rural areas to access StudyHub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi JoeT1000, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I can see you have created a new thread. I'll continue to respond on that one.

Thanks

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 toffeeman918

no i have definitely not had a positive experience with eir, multiple router problems plus couldn't port my mobile number out because they were holding on to it, customer care team always in the dark, i am now paying the early cancellation charges just to get away from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Abbie246

I signed up for a 6 month contract in June. It clearly says 'minimum duration 6 months' on my copy of the contract. Yet 'my eir' says I have a 12 month contract! I rang eir to query this and was eventually told that the shop assistant who originally signed me up probably didn't have proper training (?)
    The level of training an eir representative recieves is not my responsibility! I signed up for 6 months.  whats going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Abbie246 wrote: »
    I signed up for a 6 month contract in June. It clearly says 'minimum duration 6 months' on my copy of the contract. Yet 'my eir' says I have a 12 month contract! I rang eir to query this and was eventually told that the shop assistant who originally signed me up probably didn't have proper training (?)
    The level of training an eir representative recieves is not my responsibility! I signed up for 6 months.  whats going on?
    Hi there Abbie246

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.  If you're disputing what you signed up for (plan or contract duration), I would suggest getting in touch with the department where you signed up as you have proof that it's a 6 months contract and then that Team Leader or Supervisor can escalate and amend this.

If this was done in store, I would suggest popping into that brand to confirm.  If this was done via call, 1901 is the best option to get this sorted for you

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 4 senach1719

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Folks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]In October 2017 a sales rep from eir called to my door and told me eir fibre was now available in my area. A week or two later I signed up for eir fibre. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I was given an appointment for installation on 2 November 2017. I took a day off work and nobody showed to install eir fibre. A second appointment was organised and a KN technician called to my house and explained that he couldn’t do anything because there was no connection at the road.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]A third appointment with KN identified the duct and confirmed that the duct should be ok to carry the fibre from the road to my house. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]The technician who called for the 4th appointment could not pass the fibre through the duct. I engaged the services of a local builder and digger to find the blockage. The builder found the blockage and cleared it. He agreed to attend the next time a technician came to install the eir fibre in my house.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]On 14th December another KN technician attended and the local builder took time to help pass the fibre through the duct only to be told there was no point because there was still no connection at the road as reported in November. After a number of phone calls I to eir I was given a date of 17th January for the connection at the road to be completed. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Today, 22 January, I contacted eir to see why there was no connection yet. I was told the new forecast date is 17th March! Today Eir customer care tell me there’s nothing they can do. I was promised a call back from someone in customer care but that hasn’t happened either. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]So far I have been told by eir that eir fibre is available in my area. Not so.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have taken time off work to be available for installation. As eir still haven’t completed the work required this has been a waste of my time and the KN technicians’ time. I have had a hole dug in my garden to be filled in whenever eir have completed the work promised. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The only person who has been in any way competent has been the guy from sales who sold me an Eir product that isn’t available. How this differs from a scam I’m not sure but I am very unhappy with the delays and with the way Customer Care deal with complaints. It looks like it will be 5 months after I signed an 18 month contract that there might be a connection at the road though I presume that date mught move too. I presume I’ll have a further wait until KN can come and install the eir fibre in my house.[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

senach1719 wrote: »
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Folks,[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]In October 2017 a sales rep from eir called to my door and told me eir fibre was now available in my area. A week or two later I signed up for eir fibre. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I was given an appointment for installation on 2 November 2017. I took a day off work and nobody showed to install eir fibre. A second appointment was organised and a KN technician called to my house and explained that he couldn’t do anything because there was no connection at the road.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]A third appointment with KN identified the duct and confirmed that the duct should be ok to carry the fibre from the road to my house. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]The technician who called for the 4th appointment could not pass the fibre through the duct. I engaged the services of a local builder and digger to find the blockage. The builder found the blockage and cleared it. He agreed to attend the next time a technician came to install the eir fibre in my house.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]On 14th December another KN technician attended and the local builder took time to help pass the fibre through the duct only to be told there was no point because there was still no connection at the road as reported in November. After a number of phone calls I to eir I was given a date of 17th January for the connection at the road to be completed. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Today, 22 January, I contacted eir to see why there was no connection yet. I was told the new forecast date is 17th March! Today Eir customer care tell me there’s nothing they can do. I was promised a call back from someone in customer care but that hasn’t happened either. [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]So far I have been told by eir that eir fibre is available in my area. Not so.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I have taken time off work to be available for installation. As eir still haven’t completed the work required this has been a waste of my time and the KN technicians’ time. I have had a hole dug in my garden to be filled in whenever eir have completed the work promised. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]The only person who has been in any way competent has been the guy from sales who sold me an Eir product that isn’t available. How this differs from a scam I’m not sure but I am very unhappy with the delays and with the way Customer Care deal with complaints. It looks like it will be 5 months after I signed an 18 month contract that there might be a connection at the road though I presume that date mught move too. I presume I’ll have a further wait until KN can come and install the eir fibre in my house.[/font]
    Hi there senach1719

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here on Boards. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience so far and completely understand just how frustring this must be. If you were promised a callback due to this, I would suggest following up on this at https://www.eir.ie/complaints and just select "follow up"

Copy & Paste your post in the section provided and they will be in touch with you.

-Kyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Hi Eir,

I'm having terrible problems, I have elderly parents moved to Wexford in June and they've been told that they won't have a landline for at least the next 6 months possibly longer.  They are very frail and cannot use mobiles, they forget to charge them, ring the wrong numbers etc.  I have begged your Customer Service operator to put them to the top of the roster for the work that is required in laying a line to the house etc but she said that ALL orders are equal and treated the same which is fine but when one of those orders are for an elderly frail couple who have been very ill, I would of thought in the interest of humaneness that they could be pushed further up the list.  She would not even entertain my request to speak with the manager.  I am appalled with Eir and am beside myself with stress worrying about my parents in case one of them takes ill and they cannot ring for help.  Can you please advise on this matter. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Eir,

I'm having terrible problems, I have elderly parents moved to Wexford in June and they've been told that they won't have a landline for at least the next 6 months possibly longer.  They are very frail and cannot use mobiles, they forget to charge them, ring the wrong numbers etc.  I have begged your Customer Service operator to put them to the top of the roster for the work that is required in laying a line to the house etc but she said that ALL orders are equal and treated the same which is fine but when one of those orders are for an elderly frail couple who have been very ill, I would of thought in the interest of humaneness that they could be pushed further up the list.  She would not even entertain my request to speak with the manager.  I am appalled with Eir and am beside myself with stress worrying about my parents in case one of them takes ill and they cannot ring for help.  Can you please advise on this matter. 
    Hi Missymoohaa ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I completely understand your frustrations at this time. Unfortunately, as previously advised all of our orders are treated as equal importance and there is no option for us to make a particular case priority.

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Thomas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Thank you Thomas for your reply, it is of course useless to my parents and I will take this matter elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

Im also having terrible trouble with Eir costumer care. Several times over the last month I have been trying to contact Eir, I have been on hold for over an hour with no answer on numerous occasions, its a complete joke, the call back system not worth a curse either, im still waiting on that. And their web chat just direct me back to the phone number, a complete waste of time. As our line provider surly this is an insufficient service to provide the country with, I think at this stage COMREG or my local TD is my only remaining option when I can't talk to anyone within Eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

JimmyMW wrote: »
    Im also having terrible trouble with Eir costumer care. Several times over the last month I have been trying to contact Eir, I have been on hold for over an hour with no answer on numerous occasions, its a complete joke, the call back system not worth a curse either, im still waiting on that. And their web chat just direct me back to the phone number, a complete waste of time. 
    This is because of an unusually large number of calls that they have been receiving for the last 3 months and has absently nothing to do with the fact that the let go of hundreds of workers in an outsourced call centre before training in new staff.
    Or so the keep telling us on here over and over. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

tuxy wrote: »
    JimmyMW wrote: »
    Im also having terrible trouble with Eir costumer care. Several times over the last month I have been trying to contact Eir, I have been on hold for over an hour with no answer on numerous occasions, its a complete joke, the call back system not worth a curse either, im still waiting on that. And their web chat just direct me back to the phone number, a complete waste of time. 
    This is because of an unusually large number of calls that they have been receiving for the last 3 months and has absently nothing to do with the fact that the let go of hundreds of workers in an outsourced call centre before training in new staff.
    Or so the keep telling us on here over and over. 
    Surly this is unacceptable as I have no other option only to have Eir connect the line, if the ESB were carrying on the same way there would be uproar, trying to set up broadband now with months as it is imperative for me to work from home. The gov are on about rural broadband and co2 emissions, they cant get the broadband right in the urban areas not to mind the rural areas and when a lad is making an effort to set himself up to work from home to primely reduce personal costs but consequently also reduce CO2 emissions and this is the crap you have to go through to do so, its mental. 

Advertisement