Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

JimmyMW wrote: »
    Surly this is unacceptable as I have no other option only to have Eir connect the line
    You're wrong here. It's OpenEir that connect the line. You can go through any company that uses the OpenEir network and they will deal with OpenEir on your behalf. Eir retail are to be avoided, especially right now due to lack of customer service staff. 
    If you have already started a contract with Eir retail things could be complicated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

tuxy wrote: »
    Surly this is unacceptable as I have no other option only to have Eir connect the line
    You're wrong here. It's OpenEir that connect the line. You can go through any company that uses the OpenEir network and they will deal with OpenEir on your behalf. Eir retail are to be avoided, especially right now due to lack of customer service staff. 
    If you have already started a contract with Eir retail things could be complicated though.
    I tried a competitor and they said that Eir do not have a port available in the exchange and could not connect me either, they told me I needed to contact Eir myself. I got onto Eir a month ago and they were to send out an engineer to free up some ports that week and contact me back, nothing and I cant get in contact again to see whats happening. Can I contact OpenEir myself? 

Usually they will not talk to the public. It's illegal for OpenEir to give Eir retail preferential treatment. 
    Airwire are very active on the broadband forum and have sorted out issues for many people on the fibre to the home thread. Perhaps they can help you as they do broadband over phone lines also

http://www.airwire.ie
    or send Martin a message.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=874592

Even if they can't help they will give you a straight answer and tell you exactly what's happening. 

tuxy wrote: »
    Usually they will not talk to the public. It's illegal for OpenEir to give Eir retail preferential treatment. 
    Airwire are very active on the broadband forum and have sorted out issues for many people on the fibre to the home thread. Perhaps they can help you as they do broadband over phone lines also

http://www.airwire.ie
    or send Martin a message.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=874592

Even if they can't help they will give you a straight answer and tell you exactly what's happening. 
    Great stuff thanks

No worries, I've seen from past posts that they will keep following up queries to open eir where other companies give up after looking at a database and didn't even bother engaging OpenEir. I hope it works out for you let us know how it goes. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Comreg complaint submitted just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 de_Selby

cesaro wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone here had a positive experience dealing with eir as for the last 7 months I have been lied too and fobbed off with ever extending completion dates. Really getting fed up talking to customer care who are equally in the dark about my case as I am.
    I'll just add another complaint to the stack. It seems like every person I have been talking to has lied to me in an attempt to get me off the phone.

I hope your successful, I submitted one earlier today and was told they could not take the case as I was not an existing costumer 

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

I hope your successful, I submitted one earlier today and was told they could not take the case as I was not an existing costumer wish I hadn't cancelled Virgin - but then their service isn't the best either. I really hate the horizon box thing.

I hope your successful, I submitted one earlier today and was told they could not take the case as I was not an existing costumer 
    Sounds about right. They can't force Eir retail to take you on as a customer. Whatever competitor you contacted sounds just as lazy as Eir, so cross them off the list. Good thing there are other companies and I'm sure one of them will be happy to take your money and set you up. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

I am having an absolute nightmare with them.
    • 40 minutes minimum on hold every time I try talk to them and when I question it I get told oh we are moving premises that is why. That is not a valid excuse to have rubbish customer services. 
    • When I do get through to someone they know absolutely nothing about what they are meant to be providing, I have asked simple questions that I already knew the answer to and they hadn't got a clue. 
    • I have put in 4 orders for FIBRE (which I clearly state multiple times) and when the engineer comes out to the house to install it they tell me that Eir have ordered standard broadband with copper wires and they cant do anything. 4 times now the same thing has happened. 
    • I get lied to on a regular basis by them, 3 months ago I was told that the estate does not have enough capacity to take my house and they will be in the estate in 5 weeks time to carry out work and then I can get it. I waited 5 weeks, nothing happened, I waited another week, still nothing. I rang Eir and was told that I was lied to and that there was never any work schedules. I talked to a guy in KN networks on Monday who told me he was part of the team that installed the system in the estate and that it has enough capacity to hold 50 houses. There is only 32 built. So therefore it was a lie when they told me the estate does not have any spare capacity. 
    • I then rang up last week and got through to someone who said they cant help me and would transfer me. 45 minutes later and 4 more transfers I got through to the person I started with.  
    • I then rang up to complain and try get it all sorted on Tuesday last week, I requested a manager and they refused to pass me through to one and kept saying they will be able to help me. So I said ok, she put through another order for me and told me this is a FIBRE order. I went in to my local Eir store straight away and asked them to check it for me, I was told it was the wrong thing again and she ordered standard broadband. 
    • One time I did get through to a Manager and I told her about my story/experience and that it is shocking what has happened and if it is not sorted this time I will be sending in an official complaint. She told me I need to calm down otherwise she is hanging up. I told her I just want it all sorted now and it would be great it she could help, she then continued to be extremely rude to me and at one stage basically told me I was an idiot and she works for Eir therefore she is right (I am an engineer and I knew exactly what I was talking about and she was totally wrong, I asked Electrical engineers too) she then proceeded to hang up on me. I rang back and asked for the same girl (Emily) I was told there is no manager in there called Emily. 
    • I then decided that I would go in to a store instead to order everything in there and make sure that everything was right. I was told because of everything I went through they would not charge me the €130 set up fee. I was delighted with this. I forgot to bring in my photo ID so I had to run out to the car to get it. When I got back in and set up everything, I spotted that at the bottom of the paper I received and signed, it said that my first bill would have the €130 set up fee added to it, along with the first month and the period between the first set up date the billing date. I questioned this with the person at the counter and was told oh yeah, I wasn't able to take that off but you weren't here when I noticed it and you are going to have to pay it. 
    • I could go on and on and on with this list. 
    [*]

Now Eir are due out on Monday again to hopefully install Fibre broadband. They are a joke of a company and don't seem to care about their existing customers and trying to get new ones. I am fed up of them and as soon as they set up the Fibre cables I will be cancelling my policy with them and changing over to a proper company.

Abbie246 wrote: »
    I signed up for a 6 month contract in June. It clearly says 'minimum duration 6 months' on my copy of the contract. Yet 'my eir' says I have a 12 month contract! I rang eir to query this and was eventually told that the shop assistant who originally signed me up probably didn't have proper training (?)
    The level of training an eir representative recieves is not my responsibility! I signed up for 6 months.  whats going on?
    eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Abbie246 wrote: »
    I signed up for a 6 month contract in June. It clearly says 'minimum duration 6 months' on my copy of the contract. Yet 'my eir' says I have a 12 month contract! I rang eir to query this and was eventually told that the shop assistant who originally signed me up probably didn't have proper training (?)
    The level of training an eir representative recieves is not my responsibility! I signed up for 6 months.  whats going on?
    Hi there Abbie246

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.  If you're disputing what you signed up for (plan or contract duration), I would suggest getting in touch with the department where you signed up as you have proof that it's a 6 months contract and then that Team Leader or Supervisor can escalate and amend this.

If this was done in store, I would suggest popping into that brand to confirm.  If this was done via call, 1901 is the best option to get this sorted for you

-Kyle
    Call 1901 only when you have about 2 hours spare with nothing else to be at. 

• 40 minutes minimum on hold every time I try talk to them and when I question it I get told oh we are moving premises that is why. That is not a valid excuse to have rubbish customer services. 
    • When I do get through to someone they know absolutely nothing about what they are meant to be providing, I have asked simple questions that I already knew the answer to and they hadn't got a clue. 
    • I have put in 4 orders for FIBRE (which I clearly state multiple times) and when the engineer comes out to the house to install it they tell me that Eir have ordered standard broadband with copper wires and they cant do anything. 4 times now the same thing has happened. 
    • I get lied to on a regular basis by them, 3 months ago I was told that the estate does not have enough capacity to take my house and they will be in the estate in 5 weeks time to carry out work and then I can get it. I waited 5 weeks, nothing happened, I waited another week, still nothing. I rang Eir and was told that I was lied to and that there was never any work schedules. I talked to a guy in KN networks on Monday who told me he was part of the team that installed the system in the estate and that it has enough capacity to hold 50 houses. There is only 32 built. So therefore it was a lie when they told me the estate does not have any spare capacity. 
    • I then rang up last week and got through to someone who said they cant help me and would transfer me. 45 minutes later and 4 more transfers I got through to the person I started with.  
    • I then rang up to complain and try get it all sorted on Tuesday last week, I requested a manager and they refused to pass me through to one and kept saying they will be able to help me. So I said ok, she put through another order for me and told me this is a FIBRE order. I went in to my local Eir store straight away and asked them to check it for me, I was told it was the wrong thing again and she ordered standard broadband. 
    • One time I did get through to a Manager and I told her about my story/experience and that it is shocking what has happened and if it is not sorted this time I will be sending in an official complaint. She told me I need to calm down otherwise she is hanging up. I told her I just want it all sorted now and it would be great it she could help, she then continued to be extremely rude to me and at one stage basically told me I was an idiot and she works for Eir therefore she is right (I am an engineer and I knew exactly what I was talking about and she was totally wrong, I asked Electrical engineers too) she then proceeded to hang up on me. I rang back and asked for the same girl (Emily) I was told there is no manager in there called Emily. 
    • I then decided that I would go in to a store instead to order everything in there and make sure that everything was right. I was told because of everything I went through they would not charge me the €130 set up fee. I was delighted with this. I forgot to bring in my photo ID so I had to run out to the car to get it. When I got back in and set up everything, I spotted that at the bottom of the paper I received and signed, it said that my first bill would have the €130 set up fee added to it, along with the first month and the period between the first set up date the billing date. I questioned this with the person at the counter and was told oh yeah, I wasn't able to take that off but you weren't here when I noticed it and you are going to have to pay it. 

[*]

Now Eir are due out on Monday again to hopefully install Fibre broadband. They are a joke of a company and don't seem to care about their existing customers and trying to get new ones. I am fed up of them and as soon as they set up the Fibre cables I will be cancelling my policy with them and changing over to a proper company.
    [*]
    Oh God your post fills me with dread, looks like the only way to get through it is by going through a terribly frustrating process first, it you get it sorted at all by the looks of it.

Good, things will only change if enough people take action.

Remember that some mobile and lineline providers will cut off a call after an hour, so in some cases you will have to borrow a friends phone. 

[*]

[*]
    Oh God your post fills me with dread, looks like the only way to get through it is by going through a terribly frustrating process first, it you get it sorted at all by the looks of it.
    [*]
    Yup, unfortunately there is no other option. 4 months in the house now with no internet and terrible phone signal. I feel like I am living in the stone age :/  
    I have been on to Eir at least twice a week since moving in, that is approx 32 phone calls to them and still no internet. 
    I might add in to this that our neighbours on both sides of our house have Fibre broadband with Eir. Yet Eir refuse to acknowledge that they have it when I call them. I keep asking them, whatever you done with our neighbours, please do the same with us. They tell me everytime, no they dont have Fibre with us. One neighbour even showed me her bill and told me to scan it and send it to them to prove it. 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

As pointed out Comreg cannot do anything if you are not a customer
    The problem is not (generally) with eir but with Openeir providing a connection - eir (retail) is just a reseller for Openeir, same as Vodafone, Sky etc. Whilst other companies may go out of their way a bit more they are all still at the mercy of OE.
    So saying you are going to complain to comreg or get on to Joe Duffy will get you nowhere

uncommon_name
    Do you even have an eircode yet? Without that they can't check anything. Chances are your address doesn't even exist in their database unless the developer submitted the estate details to OE

fritzelly wrote: »
    As pointed out Comreg cannot do anything if you are not a customer
    The problem is not (generally) with eir but with Openeir providing a connection - eir (retail) is just a reseller for Openeir, same as Vodafone, Sky etc. Whilst other companies may go out of their way a bit more they are all still at the mercy of OE.
    So saying you are going to complain to comreg or get on to Joe Duffy will get you nowhere

uncommon_name
    Do you even have an eircode yet? Without that they can't check anything. Chances are your address doesn't even exist in their database unless the developer submitted the estate details to OE
    Yes, have an Eircode for the past 3 months or so. 
    Actually got the Fibre installed today after plenty of complaining for the past few weeks. The staff in store are brilliant compared to online and over the phone. 

Advertisement