Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Drive Yikes!

Options
  • 08-07-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hey there, can somebody explain this to me.. ?

Set up GD online and PC sync. Doing all my sorting on pc and everything working neatly. Uploaded 2gig of photos and was looking at them in GD app on android last night.

Continued today on pc organising. Put GD onto "Pause syncing" as thought it was slowing down my pc, continued organising other folders.

Then when I enabled syncing again it proceeded to delete all the files and folders in my photos directory.... on the pc...

Then I log in online to GD and the folder is present there.

GD says on pc finished syncing . . . leaving say 5 gig of stuff on my pc and as mis-matched 8 gig in the cloud? My settings are set to sync all.

What the F?

Any pointers to where I am messing up ?
    Thanks .
    [all backed up elsewhere]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Alancillhill

Also I have been googling and can't find Advanced discussion/videos of syncing, its all beginner stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you've enabled Picasa Web/Google photos then they dont appear in Drive by default. Theres a setting to show them in drive.google.com

NB: Two modes
    Full resolution - Count against your 15GB limit
    Limited resolution - up to 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p use none of your allowance.

Advertisement