Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To do in Belfast?

Options
  • 08-07-2016 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi thinking of crossing the Irish border for the first time. If I spent a night in Belfast and stayed near Belfast Central railway Station, what could I do?. If I arrived about midday,would there be much I could see or do? Without travelling too far?. I'd be alone.
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The titanic centre is worth doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

The titanic centre is worth doing.
    thanks, is it easy to get to from the Train Station?ðŸ˜႒

Google maps says it's a 30 minute walk across the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Its quite a nice walk too. Along the redeveloped riverfront, the odyssey and ship slipways. Not sure of all the bus routes but most of them have a stop at city hall, which is only 5 mins from the station.

For bars, the cathedral quarter has plenty of options, the duke of York is a nice enough spot for being semi touristy.

Get the number for fona cab, they are pre booked taxis, think they have an app too. There is another large pre book taxi company too but cant remember the name.Taxis are much cheaper than in ROI.

The 'black cabs' which you can hail are more expensive.

For shopping, castle court and Victoria Square. Vic square has a viewing deck from the top of the lift. There are certain opening hours for it though. Vic square also has a decent amount of food options.

Its about ten mins max walk from station too.

Ulster museum, botanic garden and queens are about twenty mins walk, or a stop or two on the commuter train. All grouped together.

And if you want a bus tour, there are loads of reps around city centre, haggle with them. Think they do a hop on hop off kind of thing.

Will visa debit cards from the ROI work in Northern Ireland? In machines and in shops? I won't need to use an international area code when phoning home in the ROI? Where's the cheapest way to get Sterling?thanks

• Advertisement

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Will visa debit cards from the ROI work in Northern Ireland? In machines and in shops? I won't need to use an international area code when phoning home in the ROI? Where's the cheapest way to get Sterling?thanks

Yes
    Yes
    Yes 00353 xxxxx
    Top up your revolut card and convert to sterling.

Thanks and if others text or call me,do I have to switch to 'roaming'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

You'll be roaming, same as if you were in England or on the continent. Same rules for your plan apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Unless you're with 3. They have either no charges at all for roaming, or some reduced charges, when you go up north

Advertisement