Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Bk2k wrote: »
    Yeah I knew I missed first stages although a colleuge of mine ranked 680 and has been called recently for interview. I believe the Garda recruitment was similar?

"Initially those ranked up to and including place 600 will be invited to stage two" stage two then would have cut numbers further for stage three. How can 600 be interviewed when only 600 passed stage one?

Just rang chapter house again. Next week for results!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

heres another one for you i said 600 were called to interview there last week cos i rang public jobs and thats what the girl said to me then sombody said no only around 400 but when i think back on it stage stage two were only verification tests to make sure you didnt cheat at stage one so some people go bunked up and others got moved down but that test wasnt designed to cull numbers really so thwere could of been 600 or near to it alled to interveiw

heres another one for you i said 600 were called to interview there last week cos i rang public jobs and thats what the girl said to me then sombody said no only around 400 but when i think back on it stage stage two were only verification tests to make sure you didnt cheat at stage one so some people go bunked up and others got moved down but that test wasnt designed to cull numbers really so thwere could of been 600 or near to it alled to interveiw
    I'm going on what our stage one results said. Top 600 it stated. So public jobs obviously expanded it out to make up numbers. I just don't understand why they need to interview 600 for 120 jobs. Those odds are scandalous. Either way no way did they get 600 to attend for one reason or another. If you want to interview 600 you would have to invite at least 700!

did they specify a day nxt week?

• Advertisement

did they specify a day nxt week?

I didn't ask, they mentioned mid week... If your not in the top 200 given that it looks like 600 approximately were interviewed I think its bye bye.

oh **** ive a message on my message board

im afraid to open it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

Got email and im placed no 20 ( from 182) initially. In a bit of a conundrum now as somethin has cropped up at home. Wonder can they hold you back a bit???

Top 5!!! Delighted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Went from 70's to over 140 , thought i had failed the group exercise, bitter sweet result :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

Went from the 20's to the 130's. Absolutely gutted. Well done to all who will be progressing to the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eldel1

Went from 88 to 86, delighted to even pass interview tbh, best of luck to those going forward!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 30 howarethings30

Bit random but does anyone know if you get extra pay for degree..tried checking payscales online but won't let me for some reason

Harambe1 wrote: »
    Went from the 20's to the 130's. Absolutely gutted. Well done to all who will be progressing to the next round

Harambe you will be progressing also I'm sure?people will drop out ahead of you in oom.

placed 35 over the moon

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Went from 2 to mid 20s! So not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Bit random but does anyone know if you get extra pay for degree..tried checking payscales online but won't let me for some reason

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Top 5!!! Delighted!!

Well done pal. I'm glad you placed so high. I know you were down on yourself about how you did at interview in a different competition. Proves you CAN do it .im delighted for you

Shane88 wrote: »
    Went from 2 to mid 20s! So not too bad

I number two now :)

• Advertisement

Conair79 wrote: »
    Well done pal. I'm glad you placed so high. I know you were down on yourself about how you did at interview in a different competition. Proves you CAN do it .im delighted for you

Cheers mate failed fire service interview twice this year! Number two on this panel.

Anyone have idea what physical consists of if they wouldn't mind sending me pm..it'd be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

I number two now :)

Well done fair play!

Anyone have idea what physical consists of if they wouldn't mind sending me pm..it'd be much appreciated

If its like the fire service you will get a detailed email and videos explaining everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

Any idea of when we'll be notified for the next step?

brianp20 wrote: »
    Any idea of when we'll be notified for the next step?

Be after Xmas.

If its like the fire service you will get a detailed email and videos explaining everything.

Cool thanks.I got info about it at one of stages but can't find it..must look harder.Well done also on passing

Harambe1 wrote: »

Harambe you will be progressing also I'm sure?people will drop out ahead of you in oom.
    I really hope I manage to get in at a later stage. Was just hoping on a sooner rather than later type jobby. I would hope to be called for fitness/medical in the second phase perhaps. The speed that this campaign is moving at Id imagine that they could be conducting new online tests for the 2018 positions by the time that comes around!

Seriously well done to all, your mothers would be proud of yee!

The tests will comprise the following:-
    (i) Running / carrying tests
    Aerobic Test: This tests cardiovascular endurance, and simulates running around a building, with constant changes of direction.

This test involves running over and back between two points 15 metres apart. The test involves 40 continuous shuttle runs to give a total distance of 600 metres. You must complete this test in 210 seconds (3 min 30 seconds) or less.

Anaerobic Test: This tests your ability to sprint, and simulates the response to an emergency.

This test involves 7 shuttle runs (i.e. 7 x 15 metres) done as quickly as
    possible. You must complete this test in 35 seconds or less.

Fire-extinguisher carry test: This tests your ability to carry a standard fire extinguisher through a building in an emergency.

You should carry a standard fire extinguisher, weighing 14 Kg, 30 m (two shuttles) without dropping it. You must complete this test in 30 seconds or less.

(ii) Strength / power tests
    These tests assess upper body strength, grip and hold strength required in control and restraint techniques.

Seated bench press: You will complete 5 measured bench-presses using a concept-II ergo meter.
    The average bench press over the 5 should be 34 Kg or higher.

Seated bench pull: You will complete 5 measured bench-pulls using the concept-II ergo meter.
    The average bench pull over the 5 should be 34 Kg or higher.

Grip Strength: This is measured using a standard grip strength ergo meter. You will be asked to squeeze as hard as you can with right and left hands (you will get two attempts with each hand)

Minimum strength to pass:
    Dominant hand 32 kg
    Non-dominant hand 30 kg

Shield Hold: The test will require a standard riot shield, of about 6 Kg to be held in from of the body in a stipulated position. The shield must be held in position for a minimum of 60 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭1moo345

From 238 to 22. Delighted, I didnt think it went that well!! Well done everyone

Advertisement