Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭newtothis23

It's a waiting game alright, sure least it gives us a bit of time to lose the xmas weight before medical and physical 😂😂😂
    Yeah if classes are as small as 25 and with pacos also training before us plenty of time to lose the weight!

Chatting to PO she was telling me when she started training there was 3 classes of approx 22 in each class so that might speed things up if they were to take same approach this time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Chatting to PO she was telling me when she started training there was 3 classes of approx 22 in each class so that might speed things up if they were to take same approach this time

They ain't. Taking one class of 25 at a time with a month or two in between intakes

• Registered Users Posts: 4 user123456789

If anybody out there has received the letter can you please post the contents. I'd be really interested to see what is required for fitness etc

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxTL9p-tTDI this is a video of an english prison service recruitment test and it is nearly the same as the irish one no susprise given most of these things are taken from the uk

• Advertisement

I wonder what level do we have to reach in beep test?

it told you on the sheet they handed out

I lost that sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eldel1

I lost that sheet

Go to the Ips website and under recruitment there is a downloadable document giving a good amount of information http://www.irishprisons.ie/index.php/information-centre/recruitment/
    Hope this is helpful for you!!

eldel1 wrote: »
    Go to the Ips website and under recruitment there is a downloadable document giving a good amount of information http://www.irishprisons.ie/index.php/information-centre/recruitment/
    Hope this is helpful for you!!

Thanks very much!

• Advertisement

Thanks very much!

I got a call today from the ips just querying somthing on my vetting form but when sorted I asked the girl in he how many they were taken in and she said I'd be in the first batch and I'm 35 and I said when and she replied as fast as we can get a class back with all relevant documents so I would be booking any holidays anybody in top 40 I saw here somebody said July but they way this girl was talking it was imminent she was getting my form back to them by close of business today to speed things up cos vetting can take some time

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MistyFruit12

I've had that call yesterday as well just querying addresses, but I haven't got forms for medical or anything yet, I'm in low 40's, the woman on the phone just said well at least you know we are going through the checks now, I was happy enough with that.

No doubt it has already been mentioned in this thread but 'Inside Man,Life as an Irish Prison Officer' is a great read.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Soloca

I know I'm late to the party, but does anyone know if there will be abother campaign or will all the staffing come from the previous one?

Do not take my order for it but my father told me internal panels last for 18 months and public recruitment lasts longer so he reckons that the next panel of 75 will be taken from this recruitment drive

Anyone got any news?even gossip will do!very quiet here!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

So did audio and medical thia week and they were ok. Anyone have any probs with either? Docs in athlone said they had a good few people in for ips medicals

I Had to Phone the ips yesterday and they told me that it could be the summer when they do the fitness tests Whch is disapointing..

I Had to Phone the ips yesterday and they told me that it could be the summer when they do the fitness tests Whch is disapointing..

That would be disappointing but I think with ips you could get through to someone else and he/she would tell you something different .I don't think they know themselves at times.With no recruitment in so long I did think the ball would be rolling quicker though

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Golf mad 6178

It will be May/June by the time anyone from this panel will be in training,
    I have said before that the have to start the first group from the PASO's who came from the old RPO panel, the start training on the 27th of March and as the only plan to oly have a class off 25 at a time the second group which will be any PASO's left and the first off the new guys which will see a 3rd group start hopefully in September and that will be it for 2017,

• Advertisement

yeah i suppose so. I wonder will some of the pasos stay where they are tho given that it was so long ago now they might be settled or do they have a choice? its all very slow and they will prob lose alot of the best candidates to the guards as they cant get enough at the minute

Most if not all the PASO's that can transfer across will but I think the will do well to get the full 25 so if thats the case it will be interesting to see if the will call in a few new guys to fill up those places,

Yeah i suppose it will depend on vetting and stuff there are only 48 with medicals done at the minute. which is a better job paso of prison officer?

I could be wrong but I think it's only 40 with meds done..someone here in early 40s said they weren't called for medical
    Assuming all 40 went through with medical

Which is a better job, thats a good question, A paso is Monday to Friday for the main with 1 saturday when fully staffed about every 6/7 weeks plus 1 late every week,
    The money is better for RPO's but that is to make up for the risk involved, its something everyone has to decide for themselves,

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

What exactly are paso,s?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Abbey90

I came 45th. Can anyone tell me would I get in this year? Or even when could I expect a medical or fitness test?

You will end up this year yes

Abbey90 wrote: »
    I came 45th. Can anyone tell me would I get in this year? Or even when could I expect a medical or fitness test?

I dont know when you will be called for medical but you will definetly be in next batch to be called for medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Abbey90

I dont know when you will be called for medical but you will definetly be in next batch to be called for medical.

Thanks. Thought things would be moving a lot quicker than this

Advertisement