Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

8 people so if that the case they will throw them into the april class is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭newtothis23

I gave IPS a call,second batch now likely to have their PCT early May.

for a 2019 start i suppose

AH Bands 120-2415,240-4830,360-7245
    ok im bored in work so i did the figures but they are inclusive of the type rent allowance that is incorporated into basic pay

year1 33671.16 + 120 band = 36086=€693.96 weekly gross
    " " 240 band = 38801=€740.40 weekly gross
    " " 360 band = 40916=€786.84 weekly gross

not bad if we got the rent alowance

Hopefully with the pay talks that will start later in the year the 10% cut may be restored or some form of pay rise.Above pay scales will be higher also if rent allowance is incorporated into basic pay as OT etc will increase.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

8 people so if that the case they will throw them into the april class is it?

My understanding is the April class arent PO they are PASO's but I will see if I can find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

jonnycivic wrote: »
    My understanding is the April class arent PO they are PASO's but I will see if I can find out.

April 24th is the provisional start date for some RPOs I had this confirmed by HR.. It's subject to vetting being back in time though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

April 24th is the provisional start date for some RPOs I had this confirmed by HR.. It's subject to vetting being back in time though.

And that at this moment in time isnt looking too good tbh. (My vetting is in that bunch and mine isnt back yet but will chase up for it now and see if I can get an update)

What are you being vetted for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 beefstew

Can anyone tell me if they will be recruiting again, or will they be just picking from the last recruitment drive as so many went for it the first time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Con48

Repeat Pct 9 May good luck everyone some silly failures so hopefully everyone passes. Be a shame to see anyone go at this stage

What are you being vetted for?

A move into the Prison System as PASO

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tommy61

Orientation day Sat 25 March

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Denzil22222

Hi ,

Dress code for orientation day on 25th ? Casual ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tommy61

Hi ,

Dress code for orientation day on 25th ? Casual ?

There is no mention of dress code in the letter but I'm going to approximate the uniform as in boots, work trousers/jeans and a shirt or long sleeve top? If anyone has any contrary info, please do share.

Tommy61 wrote: »
    There is no mention of dress code in the letter but I'm going to approximate the uniform as in boots, work trousers/jeans and a shirt or long sleeve top? If anyone has any contrary info, please do share.

It's casual HR confirmed this. Although I'd suggest smart casual.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/prisoners-sleep-on-mattresses-as-new-44m-cork-prison-runs-out-of-space-445579.html

Mention of 80 recruits for this year in this article,with 216 plus next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I was told 220 next year so that lines up

I was told 220 next year so that lines up

Yeah I heard that figure also and a newspaper article I read few months ago mentioned 80 for this year also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Yeah I heard that figure also and a newspaper article I read few months ago mentioned 80 for this year also.

So does that mean there will be another comp? Or will they all be taken from the current panel?

JKerova1 wrote: »
    So does that mean there will be another comp? Or will they all be taken from the current panel?

I haven't a clue how many they are taking from the current panel or when another campaign will start.
    Defo taking top 150 I'd say from panel after that I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I haven't a clue how many they are taking from the current panel or when another campaign will start.
    Defo taking top 150 I'd say from panel after that I don't know.

afaik the panel lives for a while so should be same panel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

JKerova1 wrote: »

I'd be pretty confident that it would be from the current competition which means that those up around 500 (and beyond) are still in with a shout.

Got a Call from longford today making sure i was attending on sat i asked was there any vetting back and she said no so i said its looking bleak for a class in april then and she replied think possitive she said she was so we stiil dont know where we are eh

Got a Call from longford today making sure i was attending on sat i asked was there any vetting back and she said no so i said its looking bleak for a class in april then and she replied think possitive she said she was so we stiil dont know where we are eh
    I didn't get any call.. Had you not confirmed your attendance initially? April is looking bleak especially given the fact we all need to notify current employers we are leaving. I personally may well give up the ghost if April doesn't happen. Another four months to wait would be soul destroying.

No I forgot to email them yeah its Rediculous like we are being vetted since nov are we?

No I forgot to email them yeah its Rediculous like we are being vetted since nov are we?

December! There are only about 25 of us eligible for April anyway!! It is madness! Plus some may not attend on Saturday or quit after Saturday making the pool even smaller for that April class. It is a disgrace that the vetting unit haven't had major pressure on them by now. If not April we are looking at almost Christmas before we enter a prison!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 splarutd

Well lads I'm in the 120s. I'd say it's safe to say I won't be getting in til next year ?!

• Advertisement

splarutd wrote: »
    Well lads I'm in the 120s. I'd say it's safe to say I won't be getting in til next year ?!

If April doesn't happen you definitely won't get in this year. Even if it does it will be unlikely but loads could drop out so you never know.

Advertisement