Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 splarutd

Pure joke. It will be 18+ months from beginning of competition to actual start date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

splarutd wrote: »
    Pure joke. It will be 18+ months from beginning of competition to actual start date.

Yep and the longer it goes on they will start to lose decent candidates.. August seems like a lifetime away if April isn't a runner! From this Friday we have exactly one month before the April class is scheduled to start. Ideally everyone should have a month's notice from IPS regarding a contract. So that ain't going to happen. After Saturday the only item outstanding is vetting and IPS should be putting the hussle on vetting to speed up only the candidates who have passed every phase up to and including this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

the girl did say that when they do come back there is gonna be an avalache what she ment by that i dont know

Who is this girl? Have you a contact number I can ring. Pm to me if u can. Cheers ..

the girl did say that when they do come back there is gonna be an avalache what she ment by that i dont know

I'm going to ring IPS again on Monday after Saturday.. Try and get an idea of what is the hold up.

• Advertisement

Who is this girl? Have you a contact number I can ring. Pm to me if u can. Cheers ..

Ring the number on IPS website ask to speak to Colm O laoghog he is very informative.

Sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭newtothis23

If there isn't a class in April my start date will be pushed into next year and my oom is in the 50s.Unless they decide to have a class in May,June or July if April doesn't go ahead.Or they could increase size of August and September intakes-all if,buts and maybes.
    Its madness that the vetting of even one candidate isn't back yet.

i have a feeling they will come in a cluster not o there own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I applied in 2006 and didn't start until 2008. They can't just let anyone in, takes time. I know it's a pain in the ass and is frustrating but hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Yep and the longer it goes on they will start to lose decent candidates.. August seems like a lifetime away if April isn't a runner! From this Friday we have exactly one month before the April class is scheduled to start. Ideally everyone should have a month's notice from IPS regarding a contract. So that ain't going to happen. After Saturday the only item outstanding is vetting and IPS should be putting the hussle on vetting to speed up only the candidates who have passed every phase up to and including this Saturday.

Ideally being the operative word - unfortunately that's rarely if ever the case. As far as I remember I think I got two weeks notice (1999), and that was one of the best in my class !! My wifes cousin got a call on a Thursday asking if she'd be available to start on Monday and that was 12 years before me. Some things never change. All the phone calls in the world won't speed things up. They might be sound enough on the phone but basically they're just fobbing you off as they don't have answers themselves yet.

BTW, your local Sergeant / Inspector / Super is the the guy to talk to about the vetting. AFAIK they're the ones that 'stamp the forms'.

Spoke with HR this morning. April is looking bleak was his wording. However, if April doesn't happen they are considering putting back the class until vetting is received. So we won't necessarily have that four month wait until August. They are liaising with vetting. But there are currently tons of government jobs recruiting so everyone requires vetting at once, slowing the whole process down!

Spoke with HR this morning. April is looking bleak was his wording. However, if April doesn't happen they are considering putting back the class until vetting is received. So we won't necessarily have that four month wait until August. They are liaising with vetting. But there are currently tons of government jobs recruiting so everyone requires vetting at once, slowing the whole process down!
    Did he say how many of the new panel will be in the first class ?

Did he say how many of the new panel will be in the first class ?

I didn't ask that. But as I've mentioned before some Paso staff will be in that class, whenever it starts!

I didn't ask that. But as I've mentioned before some Paso staff will be in that class, whenever it starts!

I thought there was only 8 oasis in a class that is starting nxt week so why would there be more in ours if they can't fill there own one ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I thought there was only 8 oasis in a class that is starting nxt week so why would there be more in ours if they can't fill there own one ?

There is no PASO class starting next week? next one of them is going to be June/July at the earliest now from what I was told yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭newtothis23

I think there is some confusion here as there are pasos training to become prison officers and people training to become pasos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think there is some confusion here as there are pasos training to become prison officers and people training to become pasos.

Yup, the current batch of PO's in training have some PASO3's that are now training to be PO's. (They were on both panels and took the PASO because they hadnt heard anything about their PO stuff) Met a few of them yesterday.

What are you talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yup, the current batch of PO's in training have some PASO3's that are now training to be PO's. (They were on both panels and took the PASO because they hadnt heard anything about their PO stuff) Met a few of them yesterday.

What are you talking about?

I thought he explained it rather clearly....

He said the current batch of po's that are training have some psaos so who else is there with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

It has been discussed at length on more than 1thread. Current group of RPOs ALL came from 2008 RPO panel but worked as Pasos in the interim. They did not come from any current or past Paso panel. Next group will be a combination of 2008 & 2016 panels. Approx 28 of those from 08 panel chose to become RPO, some did not and will remain forever as Pasos. I hope Information Handling is not one of the current competencies for RPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

He said the current batch of po's that are training have some psaos

Wexfjord got there before me & answered more eloquently than I would have...

do we need id or anything tomorrow lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

do we need id or anything tomorrow lads?

Yes, passport or driving licence will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DeccieDarcy

I cant make the orientation tomorrow lads but they r puttin me down for the next one. Look forward to some insights tomorrow night so...

whems the next on deccie?

Lol sticky. With all the indecision over evwrything else do ye think theyve nailed down a second date... She just said later in the yr.

• Advertisement

Well lads howd ye all get on today.. Honestly.

Advertisement