Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

I hope it went well for you all because Im planning a road trip across the states towards the end of this year! Roll on 2018

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭newtothis23

I got my date for my PCT,the 9th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

I got my date for my PCT,the 9th May.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

best of luck bud practice the 40 runs bit of bench pressing and a pulling excersise and you will be grand

At this stage it's unlikely that people from panel will start on 24th of this month but does anyone know if pasos will still start their training or will their start date be deferred also?
    Just trying to get idea if I will start training this year assuming I pass pct.
    Fingers crossed people on panel will get short notice and start on 24th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

A load of Paso's never showed up and i hear the drive is being expediated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Tomorrow two weeks is the start date! So we'll have an answer very soon! Just hope if April doesn't happen we get a guaranteed start date! Can't be left dangling all Summer not knowing if we can book a holiday or not!

Tomorrow two weeks is the start date! So we'll have an answer very soon! Just hope if April doesn't happen we get a guaranteed start date! Can't be left dangling all Summer not knowing if we can book a holiday or not!

Have you been notified like that your starting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Have you been notified like that your starting ?

No! But we will know if April is a runner soon!

No! But we will know if April is a runner soon!

Did they not say at the open day that it prob wasn't at this stage ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Tommy61

Just got a phone call to start Monday week. At last.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭brianp20

Tommy61 wrote: »
    Just got a phone call to start Monday week. At last.

Congrats. What number were you in the order of merit?

It's been a long enough wait! See you there.

Best of luck to those who are starting their training Monday week!

Ps I know next class is scheduled to start late August but if you hear any different if you wouldn't mind sending me a pm.

All the best!

brianp20 wrote: »
    I just got the same call. See you then.

Where are you in the rim if you don't mind me asking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 splarutd

Well lads. Any update on what numbers are starting Monday please. I'm around the 120s. Will I take it I prob won't be called this year ?!

splarutd wrote: »
    Well lads. Any update on what numbers are starting Monday please. I'm around the 120s. Will I take it I prob won't be called this year ?!

Think the classes are a max of 40 with two classes this year so it looks like the math isn't in your favour unfortunately.

splarutd wrote: »

Provisionally there will be two more classes in August and September.
    I have no idea of numbers that will be recruited.

they wont be 40 anyway think they said around 20 22 max

they wont be 40 anyway think they said around 20 22 max

Regardless, it won't go to the 120's for him.

• Advertisement

you couldnt say that shur there could be serious drop outs there was only 32 out of first 40 at the pct and 8 of them failed Where are you in the
    rom are you starting monday week?

Tommy61 wrote: »
    Regardless, it won't go to the 120's for him.

The longer it goes the more will drop but I'd find it hard for him to get in this year tbh

The longer it goes the more will drop but I'd find it hard for him to get in this year tbh

I hope he does but the guy asked and I gave an educated guess.maybe the top 90-100?

My oom is the 50s and I think I will just scrape in this year.
    I think recruitment will be limited this year and the number 80 has been mentioned which includes pasos.
    However,a few prison officers have posted here that the dropout rate can be huge and its obviously only when a class starts that IPS know how many they have to train.

My oom is the 50s and I think I will just scrape in this year.
    I think recruitment will be limited this year and the number 80 has been mentioned which includes pasos.
    However,a few prison officers have posted here that the dropout rate can be huge and its obviously only when a class starts that IPS know how many they have to train.

Less than half the Paso's showed up, out of the 40 called from the panel 32 showed up i think and of that 8 failed. I imagine if the next batch do that bad they won't even clear 80 in this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Less than half the Paso's showed up, out of the 40 called from the panel 32 showed up i think and of that 8 failed. I imagine if the next batch do that bad they won't even clear 80 in this year

From the inside looking out I think they will. Again I reckon they'll easily get to 'inviting ' in the region of 90 -100. They're under a bit of pressure now to get the finger out and get staff in. Once the first one or two classes start it gives them a bit of breathing space to work on the next few classes.
    Once again there will be a significant drop out as the Garda recruitment is also running and a lot of people are on those panels as well. Others may want to defer for a couple of months or longer. IMO from the first 90-100 they'll probably get 60 to 70 at the most to take up the offer.

From the inside looking out I think they will. Again I reckon they'll easily get to 'inviting ' in the region of 90 -100. They're under a bit of pressure now to get the finger out and get staff in. Once the first one or two classes start it gives them a bit of breathing space to work on the next few classes.
    Once again there will be a significant drop out as the Garda recruitment is also running and a lot of people are on those panels as well. Others may want to defer for a couple of months or longer. IMO from the first 90-100 they'll probably get 60 to 70 at the most to take up the offer.
    Aye i was expecting that number myself tbh, they really need to get the finger out with the amount of retirements that will be taken up in the next few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Aye i was expecting that number myself tbh, they really need to get the finger out with the amount of retirements that will be taken up in the next few years

Years ?????

Weeks in our case. :( 3 more gone this week.

Years ?????

Weeks in our case. :( 3 more gone this week.

Years as in what's coming in probably won't cover what'll go out especially as some officers retire for health reasons

• Advertisement

Some of the pasos for March class deferred till April but yeah still a very low turnout.
    No doubt some pasos and maybe panel members who are due to start Monday week won't show up either.
    IPS only called top 15 in panel for class Monday week so despite low turnout in March they still intend on having small classes.

Advertisement