Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

Some of the pasos for March class deferred till April but yeah still a very low turnout.
    No doubt some pasos and maybe panel members who are due to start Monday week won't show up either.
    IPS only called top 15 in panel for class Monday week so despite low turnout in March they still intend on having small classes.

Have we any concrete info that they only took the first 15 from the panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Have we any concrete info that they only took the first 15 from the panel?

Yes HR said so, one or two have deferred their spot, so I'd imagine others beyond the top 15 have been contacted. But only 15 spots available.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tommy61

Has anyone received their contact in the post yet? I got my email copy on 12th and the email said they were posting utility two copies and they want one back signed by Tuesday! No post yesterday, none over the weekend or Monday and they want it back by Tuesday lmao.

Tommy61 wrote: »
    Has anyone received their contact in the post yet? I got my email copy on 12th and the email said they were posting utility two copies and they want one back signed by Tuesday! No post yesterday, none over the weekend or Monday and they want it back by Tuesday lmao.

Damn autocorrect, contract not contact and posting out not utility!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Damn autocorrect, contract not contact and posting out not utility!

I got mine Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sodbuster

Looks like those in training will be going to either Wheatfield or Cloverhill.

sodbuster wrote: »
    Looks like those in training will be going to either Wheatfield or Cloverhill.

Where has that info come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sodbuster

Where has that info come from?

The IPS are looking for serving staff to act as mentors to new recruits. They are only advertising these positions in Wheatfield and Cloverhill.

Well that's good news for me as geographically at least Dublin West campus suits me. I'm from the Wesht lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shackleton

Quick question to those that have done the PCT please? For the 7 x 15 and 40 x 15 shuttles, do you have to round a cone or do you go line to line? Tks.

• Advertisement

Line to line and they'll tell you when half your time is gone.

Line to line and they'll tell you when half your time is gone.

The 7x15 is very easy it's the 40x15 yum need to practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shackleton

The 7x15 is very easy it's the 40x15 yum need to practice.

Thanks Tommy,
    Been going round cones and just making it so more confident now it's line to line.

Shackleton wrote: »
    Thanks Tommy,
    Been going round cones and just making it so more confident now it's line to line.

No bother, I'm sure you'll fly it. You'll have a bit of performance anxiety but will have the confidence having done it in training. Best of luck anyhow. 9 May yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BillClay

Hi all , a question my oom is in 90's and my details have been sent forward to ips so I a waiting for the medical next , I had a bit of depression about 9 years ago after a death in the family will this affect my progress forward ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

BillClay wrote: »
    Hi all , a question my oom is in 90's and my details have been sent forward to ips so I a waiting for the medical next , I had a bit of depression about 9 years ago after a death in the family will this affect my progress forward ?

Not in the slightest.

Once you know that you're 'mentally fit' yourself it's no different to having had any other illness or injury 10 years ago.

That's just my opinion BTW but it's one area that has improved in recent years with regard to providing supports to staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

Hi,

I missed out by a couple of places to go forward for the second aptitude test. Will they be calling anybody from outside the first 500 to go forward or is that it? Just hoping I haven't missed out.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

shawmor wrote: »
    Hi,

I missed out by a couple of places to go forward for the second aptitude test. Will they be calling anybody from outside the first 500 to go forward or is that it? Just hoping I haven't missed out.

Thanks

There was a second aptitude test, interview a d medicals. If they are going that far you imagine they'd just run a new recruitment drive

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭shawmor

There was a second aptitude test, interview a d medicals. If they are going that far you imagine they'd just run a new recruitment drive

Oh I was hoping they might look to others that passed the first aptitude. Never mind.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭newtothis23

shawmor wrote: »
    Oh I was hoping they might look to others that passed the first aptitude. Never mind.

Thanks

They could look to ye,they do with garda recruitment anyway.
    No harm ringing IPS to ask them where you stand.

• Advertisement

'Inside the Monkey House',a book by a retired prison officer is out now if anyone is interested,I just bought it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

Can you have a beard as a PO?

Harambe1 wrote: »

I know of prison officers who have beards but I heard something recently they may be changing the rules that you can't have a beard but that's far from fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Harambe1 wrote: »

Presently, yes, you can have a beard, but you can't grow one while in work...if you want a beard you'd have to fully grow it over your holidays etc...mad I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Presently, yes, you can have a beard, but you can't grow one while in work...if you want a beard you'd have to fully grow it over your holidays etc...mad I know!

how about going into the job with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

how about going into the job with one?

Yes, that's fine to my knowledge :D

Afaik you arent allowed a beard when training in Portlaoise so the option of going into the job with a beard isn't there.
    Few days holidays doesn't give enough time to grow a beard either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BillClay

Does anybody know how many were in the class that started on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Tmcg83

Can anyone tell me how long the fitness test Lasts? I have mine tomorrow morning and I just want to give the child minder a heads up on how long I will be gone. Also does anyone know how the plan works? What part of the physical is first etc? Do they take a break inbetween or just do it all in 1 slot?

Advertisement