Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

Tmcg83 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long the fitness test Lasts? I have mine tomorrow morning and I just want to give the child minder a heads up on how long I will be gone. Also does anyone know how the plan works? What part of the physical is first etc? Do they take a break inbetween or just do it all in 1 slot?

You would be best to the allow 4 hours or so we were on around 11 but didn't get out till after 2 it's very slow moving the first thing is the 7 sprints then I think they do the acro metre and then weights hights shield hold the long runs fire thing carry grip strength ect

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tmcg83

You would be best to the allow 4 hours or so we were on around 11 but didn't get out till after 2 it's very slow moving the first thing is the 7 sprints then I think they do the acro metre and then weights hights shield hold the long runs fire thing carry grip strength ect

Thanks!! I was hoping to get the 40x15 out of the way as quickly as possible. Bit of a nightmare personally knowing it's 1 of the last things done. I don't find the rest of the tests too challenging in training. Did any of them take you by surprise good or bad when you done yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭sticky hurling

Tmcg83 wrote: »
    Thanks!! I was hoping to get the 40x15 out of the way as quickly as possible. Bit of a nightmare personally knowing it's 1 of the last things done. I don't find the rest of the tests too challenging in training. Did any of them take you by surprise good or bad when you done yours?

I found it grand but I play senior hurling so my fitness would be fairly good I did see people struggle with the 40 runs best tip I could give you is to turn fast that's where you lose time breath in through the nose out throw the mouth to keep your heart rate down they are very strict you won't get a second of grace so burst yourself a few struggled with the grip strength too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Did anybody else just get an email inviting them forward to Stage 2 even though they didn't make the cut last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Yeah I did too... am in mid 600s , where abouts are you in the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

You will be drawn from the panel if you didnt make the top cut first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

I'm in the 1100s, got called for stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yeah I did too... am in mid 600s , where abouts are you in the panel?

I was 679. I was very surprised to get a notification but absolutely thrilled to. I'll be standing by tomorrow ready to call first thing in the AM.

I was 679. I was very surprised to get a notification but absolutely thrilled to. I'll be standing by tomorrow ready to call first thing in the AM.

Yeah me too, I'm just a few places before you...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I wonder will there be another comp soon? Another Garda comp just announced.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have the original job familiaization document they could upload? I can only find the 2008 one online. Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

Anyone get called for stage 2 that was higher than 1100?? I didn't get one. Was just wondering how far up they went...thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

Did anybody past place number 80 get called for a medical yet or have any idea on whats going on with the competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jakenpo

Harambe1 wrote: »
    Did anybody past place number 80 get called for a medical yet or have any idea on whats going on with the competition?

I'm 90 and have not heard anything new.

Jakenpo wrote: »

I'm 90 and have not heard anything new.
    Thanks for that Jakenpo. I was starting to lose faith in the postman this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭newtothis23

There is a class planned for January next year so Id say 80 plus will be in that.

There is a class planned for January next year so Id say 80 plus will be in that.
    Great thanks newtothis. I did'nt know that, thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Due to do stage 2 in chp house the 7th of June placed 610 on panel last September so surprised to get email forgot all about it. Don't know how il fare out with verbal reasoning,numerical and job questionare this time round the fact it's been this long since previous stage don't even know how I can practice for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Leanne7011

Due to do stage 2 in chp house the 7th of June placed 610 on panel last September so surprised to get email forgot all about it. Don't know how il fare out with verbal reasoning,numerical and job questionare this time round the fact it's been this long since previous stage don't even know how I can practice for it.

I'm in the same boat as you. I got placed around 900. Any tips from the people who done it already would be really appreciated. I suppose all we can do is practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samstown56

Hi folks,

Got a letter today for my medical and I need to have the reports returned by Tuesday. I was told I wouldn't be starting until January so it was unexpected.

So unexpected that despite being relatively fit (run 10k a couple of times a week) my bmi is still too high at around 31.5. Ill try get this down as much as I can before Tuesday but if I cant get it under 30 do ypu know if they will disqualify me altogether or will I get another chance?

Thanks in advance :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 dylanshhkyboy

samstown56 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Got a letter today for my medical and I need to have the reports returned by Tuesday. I was told I wouldn't be starting until January so it was unexpected.

So unexpected that despite being relatively fit (run 10k a couple of times a week) my bmi is still too high at around 31.5. Ill try get this down as much as I can before Tuesday but if I cant get it under 30 do ypu know if they will disqualify me altogether or will I get another chance?

Thanks in advance :-)

If it's anything like the guards they will give you time to correct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

can someone send me a PM about the interview, what way its formatted, questions they would ask etc. If its similar to the Garda one etc. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ad1234

can someone send me a PM about the interview, what way its formatted, questions they would ask etc. If its similar to the Garda one etc. Thanks

If anyone could pm me too I'd be so grateful. It was so long ago that I applied that I can't remember all the ins and outs of the recruitment stages, and what is fully involved in stage 2. Has anyone and tips? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ad1234

Does anyone have the original job familiaization document they could upload? I can only find the 2008 one online. Thanks 😊
    Did you ever find one? I'm having trouble finding anything too. Can't remember what all the stages and process involves.

Does anybody know what you are required to do for the physical?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Con48

Hi for the physical you need to do
    7*15m shuttles in 35seconds
    5 Seated bench press with an average of 34kg or higher
    5 seated bench pull with an average of 34kg or higher
    Fire extinguisher carry test 30meters (2shuttles) in 30sec or less
    Grip strength dominant hand 32kg non dominant hand 30kg
    Shield hold (6kg) held in position for 60seconds
    Shuttle runs 40*15m in 210seconds (3mins30sec)
    That's the order we done them in the 40 shuttles are last. Best of luck

Anybody else for medicals? Just wondering the order of merit if there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

waiting on mail? anyone got one lately

waiting on mail? anyone got one lately
    Im just waiting. Somebody above mentioned they had to complete a medical by Tuesday so there must be some movement again up the numbers of merit i assume

• Advertisement

Con48 wrote: »
    Hi for the physical you need to do
    7*15m shuttles in 35seconds
    5 Seated bench press with an average of 34kg or higher
    5 seated bench pull with an average of 34kg or higher
    Fire extinguisher carry test 30meters (2shuttles) in 30sec or less
    Grip strength dominant hand 32kg non dominant hand 30kg
    Shield hold (6kg) held in position for 60seconds
    Shuttle runs 40*15m in 210seconds (3mins30sec)
    That's the order we done them in the 40 shuttles are last. Best of luck

Thank you very much, that was extremely helpful. I couldn't find information on it anywhere.

Advertisement