Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Arbo82

Hi. Is anyone from this group going for orientation day in Portlaoise on Wednesday? If yes, I just want to double check if it's still on. I was emailing HR but haven't received any reply yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭newtothis23

Arbo82 wrote: »
    Hi. Is anyone from this group going for orientation day in Portlaoise on Wednesday? If yes, I just want to double check if it's still on. I was emailing HR but haven't received any reply yet.

I'll be there anyway.

I'll be there anyway.

I'm gonna be there as well. Do we need to bring anything with us apart from ID?

Arbo82 wrote: »
    I'm gonna be there as well. Do we need to bring anything with us apart from ID?

Just ID afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BillClay

Just ID afaik.

Hi , Do you have to have passed the pct to be called for the orientation day

• Advertisement

BillClay wrote: »
    Hi , Do you have to have passed the pct to be called for the orientation day

Hi. Yes, after you pass pct you get called for the orientation day.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Anyone know the date in august that the next class starts?

Shane88 wrote: »
    Anyone know the date in august that the next class starts?

I think it's the 21st.

We were told 21st after our pct but that could be wrong because we were also told 14th of this month for induction.
    It says 28th August on IPS website but hopefully we will get confirmation of date Wednesday.

It now says 21st of August on IPS website for next class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

Just got called for stage 2 even though I thought I was out as my number was way down.
    Just started a new PA job that I really like.
    Oh god...🙈
    Anyone else get called???

Been holding me breath, and got email abt stage 2 last Friday..yesss! At last. Gonna get the head down now and make sure I pass. This is where I fkd up with the guards..

Can someone tell me does your Garda vetting have to come back before you can do the PCT and are you informed by letter or by phone about your date for the PCT .

BillClay wrote: »
    Can someone tell me does your Garda vetting have to come back before you can do the PCT and are you informed by letter or by phone about your date for the PCT .

Its a letter for pct and you don't need vetting to be complete for it.

Thanks for the info , could you also tell me how much notice do they give you before your PCT date

Sorry have another question , are you informed that your vetting has come back clear , and if you pass your pct are you told that day that your in ? , thanks again.

I think you get about 4 weeks notice for pct if not more and I don't know if you are told about vetting or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

Late 400s, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Leanne7011

Late 300s woo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just got word there, passed. Came in the 330's.

Another waiting game starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Passed too in low 400s delighted 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Got in the 400's delighted. Does anyone have information booklet thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

Got word I passed. Through to stage three. What's exactly does the interview entail? Do they send out an information booklet listing the competencies or what format is it based around ?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭harris33

low 400's take each stage ass it comes happy day's

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭harris33

low 400's take each stage as it go's happy day's

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Got word I passed. Through to stage three. What's exactly does the interview entail? Do they send out an information booklet listing the competencies or what format is it based around ?

Would like to know this too if anyone can help. ?

Would like to know this too if anyone can help. ?

I'd say if you search this thread you'll get all the answers you'll need.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Great Mate

Congrats to everyone who was successful at stage 2. Hopefully stage 3 will happen shortly. It would be brilliant to have a time frame for each stage. The garda recruitment seems to be different for all candidates. Fingers crossed the prison service moves more smoothly and quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

So after going through nearly every page on this thread, i still cant find any information on what the interview entails, especially the group interview. Can some on please send me a p.m with a break down of the interview and group interview. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gmca1974

I would like to get that information too!

• Advertisement

The interview & Security forms are thorough

Advertisement