Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭air assault

How long does the group interview last? I'm assuming it's a suit for the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jmcturk

Group interview is about 30 mins. Yes for suit

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Member16

Are there any recently graduated or still in training RPO's on this thread? Just looking to ask some questions. Also what can I expect average take home pay to be both in training and on the job anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

Just wondering how long it takes for a response as to whether you passed or not after sitting stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gmca1974

It took a month to get my results after stage 2

• Advertisement

have my interview tomorrow anyone else in the same boat ?

gmca1974 wrote: »
    It took a month to get my results after stage 2

Thanks for that, appreciate it!

How long does it take to here back from PAS about whether or not you passed the interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How long does it take to here back from PAS about whether or not you passed the interview ?

I done my interview in the first week of July, we were told we'd hear something by early October. At a complete guesstimate I'd reckon early next year you'll hear something.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Leanne7011

I done my interview on Tues and was told 4 weeks. I think it'll be even sooner than that. They're trying to get a lot in by Jan 2018.

How did you find everything?

• Advertisement

I found it ok. Ive done report writing before, i had a good group for the group interview. I think i did ok in my own interview. I answered everything they asked as best i could. Its the waiting to hear back that kills me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Colette1982

Hey just wondering what number you were on the panel after completion of round 2 please ? Wonder how quick they are processing applicants and how many recruits they are actually taking on ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Hey just wondering what number you were on the panel after completion of round 2 please ? Wonder how quick they are processing applicants and how many recruits they are actually taking on ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Hey.. I was placed mid 300s. I know someone who was placed in the high 400s i think and hasn't been given an interview date yet if that's any help. Where abouts were you placed? Ill keep you posted when the other person I know gets called

Anyone have an idea what number bracket is currently being interviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

results are out for anyone who did stage 2 a few weeks ago. They said October, but they are out..... yay.

redpuma wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea what number bracket is currently being interviewed?

I'm guessing that they are into the early 400s now. I was interviewed last week with people who were placed near 400. I could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 OskerWilde!

Did my stage 2 just over two weeks ago and got placed mid 500's so just keeping fingers crossed.
    Anyone know what the interviews are like?

Leanne7011 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that they are into the early 400s now. I was interviewed last week with people who were placed near 400. I could be wrong though!
    Thanks again.. I'm mid 500's so hopefully it is soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DADDYBEAR10

I was in 150s got an email for medical & audiogram. Have until sept 11th to get it all back to CMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Aye they misprinted the date for January but it's September 11th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Colette1982

Leanne7011 wrote: »
    Hey.. I was placed mid 300s. I know someone who was placed in the high 400s i think and hasn't been given an interview date yet if that's any help. Where abouts were you placed? Ill keep you posted when the other person I know gets called

Im 509 . Thats brill thanks a mill .

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

Hi guys, in the grand scheme of things...there's the tests, then what? interview..medical ...pct ...then training?? Whats this group interview? Is it another stage or something ya do on the day of the interview? Doing this alone, have no one else to ask, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DADDYBEAR10

User16 wrote: »
    Hi guys, in the grand scheme of things...there's the tests, then what? interview..medical ...pct ...then training?? Whats this group interview? Is it another stage or something ya do on the day of the interview? Doing this alone, have no one else to ask, thanks.

Group interview is done before your individual test. In my group there was only 3 of us who turned up on the day so there was a girl from public jobs who had to fill in the forth place for the group. We were given a senario where we had to the same info except each person had an individual piece of vital info. We then had to discuss amonst ourselves then elect 1 person to act as speaker to give our final thoughts to the interviewing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 splarutd

Same as that. When will we be called for physical do u think ?

User16 wrote: »

You'll also have a report writing exercise to do on the day of your interview and group interview. You watch a short video and then you have to write a report on what you saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brian00278

*TIP* for the report writing, make sure you look at the screen and write at the same time!!! If anyone here did the report writing for the Guards you will find their report writing told the facts so you didn't really have to concentrate on the video only the audio. For the PS video you will have to watch the video and report what you see.

Don't be like me noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Anybody have solid info on when the results from stage 3 will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ger256

I called public services appointments yesterday to find out and they said the interviews only finished up last Friday and we will hear this week

Ger256 wrote: »
    I called public services appointments yesterday to find out and they said the interviews only finished up last Friday and we will hear this week

Another 2 weeks at least so. Tough waiting game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BillClay

Anyone else on here get called for their pct

Advertisement