Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jakenpo

BillClay wrote: »
    Anyone else on here get called for their pct

Yep, 28th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kaka199234

Jakenpo wrote: »
    Yep, 28th of August.

When did you do your interview ?
    What place were you on panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

Yeah I'm in 28th at 11:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Member16

noler123 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm in 28th at 11:30.

When did you do the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

Member16 wrote: »
    When did you do the interview?

November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

noler123 wrote: »
    November

Thats some wait, fair play.

Kaka199234 wrote: »
    When did you do your interview ?
    What place were you on panel?

I think it was November, and I'm in the 90s on the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BillClay

Has anybody on here who completed their pct have any tips please thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just got a message from Public Jobs, I've passed the qualifying standard. Moved up nearly 150 places.

Happy days placed in the 140's. Great bit of news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Leanne7011

I'm placed in 180s. Does anyone know what number roughly are doing pct at the moment.

How big are the classes and how many have they been through so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Great Mate

Hi All,

Congrats to all who passed the interview & commiserations to those who didn't.

Does anyone know if the OOM is based from the start of the competition or is a fresh start from the batch who have just passed stage 3.

Any info greatly appreciated

Great Mate wrote: »
    Hi All,

Congrats to all who passed the interview & commiserations to those who didn't.

Does anyone know if the OOM is based from the start of the competition or is a fresh start from the batch who have just passed stage 3.

Any info greatly appreciated

It's based on the whole competition

It's based on the whole competition

Hi, did you ring them to find out? I was going to give them a ring just incase.

Leanne7011 wrote: »
    Hi, did you ring them to find out? I was going to give them a ring just incase.

No I never rang I'm going off what a friend of mine said.. give them a call just to clarify and let the thread know then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spingill

Jakenpo wrote: »
    I think it was November, and I'm in the 90s on the panel.

I'm in early 100's and haven't got notice for PCT yet. I thought I may have been called within your number range. How were you notified? How much notice was given? And finally do you have to respond that you are attending? Thank you.

Spingill wrote: »
    I'm in early 100's and haven't got notice for PCT yet. I thought I may have been called within your number range. How were you notified? How much notice was given? And finally do you have to respond that you are attending? Thank you.

I was notified by email and a phone call. I got 3 weeks notice roughly, and you do have to reply to the email to confirm.

Does anyone know if RPO's are entitled to rent allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Does anyone know if RPO's are entitled to rent allowance?

As far as i know, the rent allowance is part of the salary now, it used to be separate....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    As far as i know, the rent allowance is part of the salary now, it used to be separate....

its separate, but it might change very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

me too...have no friends etc dong this, so ive only got this thread for advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

So what do you do if the only gp in your area is off on hols till the day it's due, go somewhere else or ask ofor a delay. In my mind its get a different gp yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

So what do you do if the only gp in your area is off on hols till the day it's due, go somewhere else or ask ofor a delay. In my mind its get a different gp yeah?

Ring the IPS, tell them that your GP is not available and can they nominate another one in the area. Shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Adelh67

Hi I've always been very interested in becoming a prison officer does anybody know how to.go about it thanks

Adelh67 wrote: »
    Hi I've always been very interested in becoming a prison officer does anybody know how to.go about it thanks

Hi,

If you sign up to public jobs you will be notified of any openings. It is a similar process to the guards - aptitude tests, interview.. Etc.. They might not hold another competition for a few years though as they are still working from the numbers that applied last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Great Mate

Has anyone who passed the interview last month heard anything about stage 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 splarutd

Anyone here done the medical but still waiting on vetting and physical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bez85

I passed stage 3 (interview) but have not heard anything since 31/08. It also said on message it will be a while until i hear from the IPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bez85

Great Mate wrote: »
    Has anyone who passed the interview last month heard anything about stage 4?

I passed stage 3 (interview) but have not heard anything since 31/08. It also said on message it will be a while until i hear from the IPS.

Advertisement