Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Morning.

When going for interview is it just the security form and qualification certs we need to bring with us ?

Off the top of my head you'll need your passport too

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jakenpo

Redfence74 wrote: »
    Don't do it...20 yrs in ....wished I hadn't joined

Leave then😂

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Leanne7011

Just got an email about the medical and physical :) oom in the 180s. Check your emails, it didn't go to my public jobs account

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ger2305

I had nothing in my email so I just tried my junk mail and it was there. Could have missed it. I'm in the 180s aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Great Mate

Hi Guys, Just on the CMO questionnaire, does anyone know whos name we put down for the department contact? Is it the person we received the email from?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Great Mate wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Just on the CMO questionnaire, does anyone know whos name we put down for the department contact? Is it the person we received the email from?

Thanks in advance

I wasn't sure, so I put down the name that was on the email..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Harambe1

In creating the same conditions as the 600metre 40 - 15 metre consecutive sprints is it running between 2 lines back and forth continuosly? Do you have to run around markers or just turn and run back the way you came?

Harambe1 wrote: »
    In creating the same conditions as the 600metre 40 - 15 metre consecutive sprints is it running between 2 lines back and forth continuosly? Do you have to run around markers or just turn and run back the way you came?

I remember someone writing on this a few months ago saying it was to the line and back, not around markers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Spingill

Leanne7011 wrote: »
    I remember someone writing on this a few months ago saying it was to the line and back, not around markers

Yes, I also remember the question being asked and the response from someone who had completed PCT was 'line to line.' Did you get a notification to do test yet as I'm waiting on mine.

Spingill wrote: »
    Yes, I also remember the question being asked and the response from someone who had completed PCT was 'line to line.' Did you get a notification to do test yet as I'm waiting on mine.

No, I just got an email to get all the medical stuff done by the end of November. I'm oom 180s. Did you get that email? Keep an eye in your spam folder just in case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Got an email today saying that they see I expressed interest and if I wish I can confirm I'm still interested by 3rd November and next step will be interview.

I'm a Clerical Officer in civil service as is, I wonder would I be allowed to go over at the same point of scale as I'm currently on....

I'd consider it if I was

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

italodisco wrote: »
    I'm a Clerical Officer in civil service as is, I wonder would I be allowed to go over at the same point of scale as I'm currently on....

No.

wexfjord wrote: »
    No.

Why is that?

Care to share were you had this confirmed?

Why is that?

Care to share were you had this confirmed?

Mine is not to reason why. It simply won't be happening. Feel free to ring IPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeHorse88

Finally have my interview on the 14th November. If anyone could pm me or give me some advice on what I need to know it would be greatly appreciated

wexfjord wrote: »
    Mine is not to reason why. It simply won't be happening. Feel free to ring IPS.

Got confirmation that it will be transferable.

Well done troll

Is your security clearance completed before your asked to do the medical?

Well done troll

I hope you got it in writing.

You may be able to carry some of your service for pension purposes but you will definitely start at bottom of RPO pay scale. You will not carry your current pay scale. Best of luck, we need more angry people like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Well done troll

You definitely didn't

You definitely didn't

I wonder did discodiva post in the wrong thread. #paso #paco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Colette1982

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    Finally have my interview on the 14th November. If anyone could pm me or give me some advice on what I need to know it would be greatly appreciated

Hiya did u get any feed back ? I have mine the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Member16

Anybody who just completed medicals in the last 2 weeks have you heard anything about the next PCT dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Anyone have their interviews this week. How you find it. I done mine today

Has anyone who has passed the interview heard anything about their vetting?
    apparently it can take an age to clear.

With the 4 classes starting in the new year I wonder has there been any push on it.

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Anyone have their interviews this week. How you find it. I done mine today

Found it ok is all thought I dealt with 2 interviewers fine but struggled with the last lad who was from prison service felt I was repeating myself over and over with him. How did u find it? How long before Results??

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Does anyone know when results of interviews are out. I done mine 14th November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when results of interviews are out. I done mine 14th November

Did mine week before still waiting. Presume will be by end of next week. Hope so anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16 concf85

Anyone get results today?? Passed thank god...any ideas how long the wait is for medical and physical??

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Colette1982

concf85 wrote: »
    Anyone get results today?? Passed thank god...any ideas how long the wait is for medical and physical??

Yep i passed aswell. Where did you place ? Not sure about the wait

• Advertisement

Yep i passed aswell. Where did you place ? Not sure about the wait

Passed as well went from 550 to 304. Would there be any hope of startin in 2018 I wonder?

Advertisement