Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Colette1982

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    Passed as well went from 550 to 304. Would there be any hope of startin in 2018 I wonder?

Great stuff. Well done. Who knows. We can live in hope i suppose 😠bring on the medical and fitness first ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Have you gone for phase 3 interviw yet? Thanks

Did anyone who had their interview on the 13th of November get a phone call from the PAS ?

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Have you gone for phase 3 interviw yet? Thanks

Yep. Had mine the 13th of nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Passed as well went from 550 to 304. Would there be any hope of startin in 2018 I wonder?

90 to 95% chance I'd say given that a number will drop out and there are plans in place to double up on the training from January onward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeHorse88

90 to 95% chance I'd say given that a number will drop out and there are plans in place to double up on the training from January onward.

Already got invite for stage 4 medical I presume get these reports back as quick as you can to get the PCT invite. Have until Jan 29th but going to try and get it back to them before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ger2305

Member16 wrote: »
    Anybody who just completed medicals in the last 2 weeks have you heard anything about the next PCT dates?

I sent back medical the same time as you. Did you hear anything about the PCT? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeHorse88

Ger2305 wrote: »
    I sent back medical the same time as you. Did you hear anything about the PCT? Thanks

Does the doctor send back the medical form or do you send it back yourself? Also same question for audiologist??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Great Mate

Does the doctor send back the medical form or do you send it back yourself? Also same question for audiologist??

Doctor sent my medical report back directly. Audio gram result was posted to my house & I forwarded it on myself.

Not sure if this was the case with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ger2305

The doctor sends back your medical and you send back your audiology report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ger2305 wrote: »
    The doctor sends back your medical and you send back your audiology report.

I brought my audiology to the doctors and had hims end it together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

I brought my audiology to the doctors and had hims end it together.

Did you get your official start date yet

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Anyone know if any recruiting coming up in 2018??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bentley17

Does anyone know why the PCT for the prison service seems to be unfair in relation to gender and age. It appears to discriminate against females, particularly older females.

Bentley17 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the PCT for the prison service seems to be unfair in relation to gender and age. It appears to discriminate against females, particularly older females.

How does it discriminate?

How does it discriminate?

Men are generally more physically stronger than women. This test doesn't allow for that difference. Also younger people are generally more physically fit than older people. It doesn't allow for that difference either.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Men are generally more physically stronger than women. This test doesn't allow for that difference. Also younger people are generally more physically fit than older people. It doesn't allow for that difference either.

???????

The bar is not set very high given the nature of the job. If you're not physically able for it, have a look at becoming a librarian or a childcare practitioner instead.

wexfjord wrote: »
    ???????

The bar is not set very high given the nature of the job. If you're not physically able for it, have a look at becoming a librarian or a childcare practitioner instead.

The test should be equally difficult for all applicants and not easier for some because of age and gender. I don't believe the test reflects the nature of the job. The core competencies are surely more important. Maturety, life experience and being able to communicate with people will stand more to you than being able to run for a few minutes.

The test should be equally difficult for all applicants and not easier for some because of age and gender. I don't believe the test reflects the nature of the job. The core competencies are surely more important. Maturety, life experience and being able to communicate with people will stand more to you than being able to run for a few minutes.
    But changing it makes it easier for older people and possibly women, which you just said it shouldnt be easier based on age and gender?

But changing it makes it easier for older people and possibly women, which you just said it shouldnt be easier based on age and gender?

But it should be equally difficult. As it stands the test is much easier for young males than it is for older females therefore it's not an equal test.

• Advertisement

But it should be equally difficult. As it stands the test is much easier for young males than it is for older females therefore it's not an equal test.

So young fatter males should have longer time to complete the run than young fitter males who lets say play soccer every week?

So young fatter males should have longer time to complete the run than young fitter males who lets say play soccer every week?

Both the army and the guards allow for differences between males and females in their testing. The prison service should do the same. With regards to weight an applicant has to be within a certain range in their BMI score. If they are too overweight, or fatter as you put it, they require further screening by the medical team to see if they are capable of the test. To suggest an overweight person can't be fit is a bit naive.

Both the army and the guards allow for differences between males and females in their testing. The prison service should do the same. With regards to weight an applicant has to be within a certain range in their BMI score. If they are too overweight, or fatter as you put it, they require further screening by the medical team to see if they are capable of the test. To suggest an overweight person can't be fit is a bit naive.
    Is it not a bit naive to suggest an older woman wouldnt be able to do the very basic fitness test? And if I'm getting the head lumped off me in part of a prison I'd much rather an officer who can run a few minutes to get to me over someone with life experience

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Some people will find the competency based interview more difficult than others, should we compensate for this too so that all snowflakes are deemed equal at the end of a competitive recruitment process?

"Anyone with reasonable strength and fitness should be able to pass the tests.
    If you feel that your fitness or strength level may be insufficient to pass the tests, you may wish to participate in fitness / strength training at your local gym or sports club prior to the testing."
    - IPS PCT doc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

If this is true, it's strange that the IPS doesn't do the same. Some would say discriminatory.
    Both the army and the guards allow for differences between males and females in their testing.

percy212 wrote: »
    If this is true, it's strange that the IPS doesn't do the same. Some would say discriminatory.

How is it? Both men and women do the same job, how is expecting them to be equally fit discriminatory

How is it? Both men and women do the same job, how is expecting them to be equally fit discriminatory

I think we can all agree that men & women are different physically.

I think we can all agree that men & women are different physically.
    There are plenty of women who would do that run quicker than I can. Being a male I'm naturally heavier,should women have less time as it's easier to run a smaller frame with both energy and oxegen than it is to fuel mine?

There are plenty of women who would do that run quicker than I can. Being a male I'm naturally heavier,should women have less time as it's easier to run a smaller frame with both energy and oxegen than it is to fuel mine?

Do you agree that men & women are different physically??

• Advertisement

Hi folks. Just wondering about medical and wearing glasses? Is it a major issue or anything?

Advertisement