Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeHorse88

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ok lads got a bit of info today. Apparently some of you are waiting on vetting a bit longer than you thought you would be. This is due to a massive backlog as there are currently prospective Gardai, Army personnel and Prison Officer currently awaiting clearance. There are recruitment drives across all three branches at the moment. It probably stands to reason that the Gardai are going to look after their own first. I got notice today that someone who was waiting on their PO vetting got it today so happy times.

Also, a new class started in Portlaoise today by all accounts.

Does the vetting for the prison officer be as strict as gardai? I didn't put down full addresses for a few uncles and aunts. Heard nothin back yet. What OOM has started today?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Garda one is water tight. I know a few PO's who got in trouble as teens and had the Probation Act applied to them but still got in. That wouldn't happen with the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭User16

Been waiting for stage 3 since early Aug '17, oom early 600's. Anyone any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

User16 wrote: »
    Been waiting for stage 3 since early Aug '17, oom early 600's. Anyone any advice?

You'll be a good while yet. Like easily over 9 months, sorry thought you meant start date. Afaik top 600 are only called after round 2, though you might still be called

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Colette1982

Hello folks. Just wondering how much recruits in training are paid from day 1 does anyone know please and thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Thought there might be a new competition by now.

I was one of the girls who failed so devastated really am ......congratulations to you for passing

Hiya. Im in the current recruitment drive and im just going through old threads. Im sorry to see you failed the fitness. Hope you dont mind me asking but what did you fail on ? What level of fitness would you have had at the time and did you do any preparing for it . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RecruitPO

I was placed in the low 200’s and was just over BMI, was in with cmo last week and passed there testing! Just wondering is there any inclination on dates for physical being called?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brian00278

Hi RecruitPO, I'm in the high 100's and I have to go to the CMO at the end of Jan, What exactly do they do there?
    Also I rang recruitment and I was told there is a physical on the 18-Jan-18, I was told that the people who are doing this were informed before xmas and they will probably be the March class.

The next class after that is April but there is as of a few days ago no physical date set, I was told it would probably be March for the next physical but nothing is set in stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RecruitPO

CMO appointment was generic enough, as BMI was over 30 I had to do the Chester step test, and also had to do peak flow as gp didn’t include it in exams! If you have any level of fitness you’ll be fine! Appreciate the reply and the info!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Got a message from Public Jobs today to book stage 3. Anyone have advice here or can PM me I would be greatfull :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PM sent. Anyone else who's going on to stage 3 feel free to give me a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

Omackeral wrote: »
    PM sent. Anyone else who's going on to stage 3 feel free to give me a shout.

Was rent allowance restored for RPO'S and if so is this separate to the basic starting wage of 23k?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Bro81 wrote: »
    Was rent allowance restored for RPO'S and if so is this separate to the basic starting wage of 23k?

I'd like to know this too if anyone can answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jellsbells

Hi all, the next date for the physical testing is Thursday 15th February. Unsure of the March date.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

JKerova1 wrote: »

Heard there is going to be another competition this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ely o Carroll

Anyone any idea how many classes have started to date? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Anyone else else having difficulty with opening the interview form in pdf?? Having a panic here....

Jellsbells wrote: »
    Hi all, the next date for the physical testing is Thursday 15th February. Unsure of the March date.

Any idea how much notice they give you prior to your date?

Anyone else else having difficulty with opening the interview form in pdf?? Having a panic here....

Make sure you’re not in chrome. That was my problem. If that doesn’t work just ring public jobs and they will help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DeHorse88

Just wondering my doctor was suppose to have sent off all medical reports for me a couple of weeks ago. Do they send confirmation that they have received medical reports or do they tell you that you have passed medical and will be invited forward for PCT?

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    Just wondering my doctor was suppose to have sent off all medical reports for me a couple of weeks ago. Do they send confirmation that they have received medical reports or do they tell you that you have passed medical and will be invited forward for PCT?

The just send an email saying you passed medical and invite you to take PCT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jellsbells

Any idea how much notice they give you prior to your date?

They email you about three or four weeks before the date of the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dbnani

Hi, just wondering what kind of tests they do when you go in for you MEDICAL? Thank you

JKerova1 wrote: »

Think its just been announced....

Make sure you’re not in chrome. That was my problem. If that doesn’t work just ring public jobs and they will help

Got sorted at the 11th hour, or it was 18 months down the drain, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

Think its just been announced....

Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Bro81 wrote: »
    Links?

Executive clinical lead is only jobs advertised at the moment....

127k approx wages

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pension man

Jellsbells wrote: »
    yea 15th I'm in.was wondering if any one has checked out the pension on retirement.I'm 45 and would only have 14 years service .what would it be about and can I buy back years or am I mad joining g at 45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

New PRISON OFFICER recruitment open since this morning for 2018.....

Good news.

Advertisement