Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Yep the bmi has to be 30 or below now.

I thought I read somewhere on a thread that it had to be under 30.. thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Colette1982

User2206 wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere on a thread that it had to be under 30.. thanks for that :)

No probs. They check your breathing etc too. And you have to have an audiogram. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Yappy89

Hi all the next date for P.C.T is may 3rd best of luck to all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

Yappy89 wrote: »
    Hi all the next date for P.C.T is may 3rd best of luck to all :)

Anybody else waiting on security clearance that passed phyiscal in February?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ely o Carroll

gavdolfini wrote: »
    Anybody else waiting on security clearance that passed phyiscal in February?

Yep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi all quick question just got the results for stage 1 and only missed out by a few points so i did fail am I right in thinking that's it finished for me or do they keep you on panel incase they might be short numbers re: fails or people not turning up.any information appreciated
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Caoimhe2 wrote: »
    Hi all quick question just got the results for stage 1 and only missed out by a few points so i did fail am I right in thinking that's it finished for me or do they keep you on panel incase they might be short numbers re: fails or people not turning up.any information appreciated
    Thanks

They will be looking for more again same time next year I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brian00278

Caoimhe2 wrote:
    Hi all quick question just got the results for stage 1 and only missed out by a few points so i did fail am I right in thinking that's it finished for me or do they keep you on panel incase they might be short numbers re: fails or people not turning up.any information appreciated Thanks

Yes you can still be called, the last competition I was way down and I was called, it took them around a year to call me to stage 2.

They will be looking for more again same time next year I've heard.

Thanks

T
    brian00278 wrote: »
    Yes you can still be called, the last competition I was way down and I was called, it took them around a year to call me to stage 2.

Thanks but did you pass or fail stage 1..I failed stage 1 failed but by very little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 concf85

Anyone else starting Monday 23rd of April???

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

concf85 wrote: »

I wish I was but my clearance hasn’t came back in time.I’d say it’s gonna have to be June for myself now

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Wolf00

concf85 wrote: »

Yep, I'm starting 😊

deeodee wrote: »
    I wish I was but my clearance hasn’t came back in time.I’d say it’s gonna have to be June for myself now

Hopefully it will come back quick enough and u will b on your way

Wolf00 wrote: »
    Yep, I'm starting 😊

Good stuff see u down there so ðŸ‘

deeodee wrote: »

When did you have your interview? I had mine in November and hoping to be starting June too if the clearance is back

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

Did the pct in March and interview in February. I’d asked when my start date would be and they had said April 23rd if clearance came back, it’s gonna be 11th of June now I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

When did you have your interview? I had mine in November and hoping to be starting June too if the clearance is back

And you passed physical after that?. 2 months waiting on clearance now.

gavdolfini wrote: »
    And you passed physical after that?. 2 months waiting on clearance now.

Yep passed the fitness last month. Clearance process started in Nov and still no sign of it

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maori

Hi everyone. I passed my PCT in March so waiting to ba called in. I had an interview August 2017 so I am worried why the clearenace takes so long. Is there any time frame that clearance is valid for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Marlowboy

Hi all I done my PCT in December I'm still waiting on my security clearance, is there any chance I'm still in the competition or am I out? Thanks to all those who reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Marlowboy wrote: »
    Hi all I done my PCT in December I'm still waiting on my security clearance, is there any chance I'm still in the competition or am I out? Thanks to all those who reply

still in, guards, army and ips are all recruiting and its handled by the same team, is a slow process

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Marlowboy

still in, guards, army and ips are all recruiting and its handled by the same team, is a slow process

It's the waiting that is hard, like I would be disappointed if I did not get the job but at least I would know either way

Hi guys. Don’t panic. Just got word starting June. Did interview last August. It takes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maori

Hi guys. Don’t panic. Just got word starting June. Did interview last August. It takes time.

Great stuff. I had interview last August too, so hoping to get a word soon. Best of luck

Congrats..see you there

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out! I’m in the 2018 campaign and just qualified for stage 3... my OOM is in the 300’s, I was just wondering if anyone can confirm from this campaign that they qualified interview stage with an OOM this high? Kinda worrying that my merit isn’t low enough to even be called for an interview :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

Could someone that has previously passed the interview please explain what the interview entails. This is greatly appreciated ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Could someone that has previously passed the interview please explain what the interview entails. This is greatly appreciated

Check your PMs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

I remember before on the IPS website it shows future training start dates. I can't find it now, anyone have the link please ?

Advertisement