Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Omackeral wrote: »
    Check your PMs

Hi Omackeral,

Would you mind sending any information you have on syage three to me? Have interview mid June.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

Anybody here have BMI of over 30 and do the extra testing (Chester step test)?? Or what happens if ur BMI is above the 30??

It’s annoying me because my fitness is fine, but I’m tall and big boned.. I’d be skin and bone with the bmi they require.. The BMI scale is nonsense these days so I’m told by fitness experts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

User2206 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out! I’m in the 2018 campaign and just qualified for stage 3... my OOM is in the 300’s, I was just wondering if anyone can confirm from this campaign that they qualified interview stage with an OOM this high? Kinda worrying that my merit isn’t low enough to even be called for an interview :(

You qualified for stage 3, so my understanding is that you'll be granted an interview like everyone else who has qualified. As far as I know, the order of merit dictates how soon you'll be seen for an interview, not necessarily who the best candidates for the job are. From the email I received, it's recommended that the top 178 candidates be called up first for interview. Those interviews are due to take place later this month. Further interviews are being conducted in July and at an unspecified time later in 2018. The 300s isn't a bad placing at all, so try not to worry and focus on nailing the interview when it comes around. Best of luck - A Fellow Candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Marlowboy

Any have any idea if since we are in the 2016 competition I we get the 2018 salary? Or we still on the 2016 rate? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Marlowboy wrote: »
    Any have any idea if since we are in the 2016 competition I we get the 2018 salary? Or we still on the 2016 rate? Thanks

same salary rent allowence is just added to it instead of being seperate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Marlowboy

same salary rent allowence is just added to it instead of being seperate

So the 2018 one is just including the rent allowance with the 2016 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Did anyone get a date yet for their interview in June?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Colette1982

Anyone know if there is any fitness classes as part of the 12 weeks training?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

I am not sure if you will have classes consisting of fitness only.
    However you will most definitely do C&R
    Control and Restraint training which is quite physical and demanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hey all... Hopefully I'll get into the next class presuming I'll pass the next PCT and my Vetting comes back complete beforehand.

Just a few queation:

1: What's accomodation like in the training college?

2: After the first 6 weeks training in Portlaoise, there is another 6 weeks training I think in Dublin, is accomodation provided for that?

Also what's the training college accomodation like?

Just really want to know how much time would I have to find accomodation when I'm not from Dublin...

3. When are you measured up and receive your uniform?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Marlowboy wrote: »
    So the 2018 one is just including the rent allowance with the 2016 one?

As far as I can see it’s separate the salary is much better for the 2018 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Handyman90

Hi guys, I'm just wondering could someone help me out. My interview is coming up and I'm wondering could anyone from this campaign give me any tips that worked for them. TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Handyman90 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm just wondering could someone help me out. My interview is coming up and I'm wondering could anyone from this campaign give me any tips that worked for them. TIA.

Look up competency questions and be yourself.

Greet all on the panel and try and be clear with any answers.

They will ask but also explain to you the type of scenario or answers they are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Handyman90

They will ask but also explain to you the type of scenario or answers they are looking for.

Nice one pal, cheers for the reply

Anyone know when the next training starting dates are? They used to have them on the IPS website but I can't find the future dates on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TopProspect

Where about a do you find the competency questions ? 👌

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

Anyone else from 2016 still waiting on clearance?. Done Pct in February. Bit of a joke at this stage.

gavdolfini wrote: »
    Anyone else from 2016 still waiting on clearance?. Done Pct in February. Bit of a joke at this stage.

Sent ya a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

gavdolfini wrote: »
    Done my pct in March and am still waiting on clearance also, it’s one of the most frustrating things to wait for, just wanna get started at this stage.

Can anyone that have gone through security clearance let me know how long it took, I know all's different but trying to see what the average time frame is. Mine went off the start of Feb and still ongoing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can anyone that have gone through security clearance let me know how long it took, I know all's different but trying to see what the average time frame is. Mine went off the start of Feb and still ongoing.

Average time frame last year was approx 8-9 months. I have heard that it has eased a little but I doubt it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Hi all,

Would anyone who has done the medical explain how it works and what is checked? Do IPS ask you to attend somwhere or is it your GP who does it? And did anyone's tell them they passed or do IPS tell you?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Are there interviews taking place this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Julygirl105

User2206 wrote: »
    Are there interviews taking place this week?

Yes, people after the first 179 were called to interview for this week and next I believe..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Davey23

Hey everyone, I have been following this thread the last while, I did my interview in Feb of this year, just wondering is there many left on here waiting on their security clearance back still from in or around the time I did mine, or if you have already recieved yours?? Thanks

Davey23 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I have been following this thread the last while, I did my interview in Feb of this year, just wondering is there many left on here waiting on their security clearance back still from in or around the time I did mine, or if you have already recieved yours?? Thanks

DId my interview in Feb too and I'm still waiting... did you have many aunts and uncles? ive about 19 !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

Yeah I did mine in February also, still waiting for the clearance to come back.

I only have 7 in total which would be pretty small I suppose, I rang the IPS a few times but they just said they have nothing yet but I was just wondering who else was in the same boat and if there was many...thanks very much for the replies and if I hear anything I will post it up, hopefully not long more, thanks for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

I only have 7 in total which would be pretty small I suppose, I rang the IPS a few times but they just said they have nothing yet but I was just wondering who else was in the same boat and if there was many...thanks very much for the replies and if I hear anything I will post it up, hopefully not long more, thanks for the replies

There is a serious problem with this security clearance. September class has also been cancelled I've been told.

• Advertisement

It surely is, the last time I called them the lady on the phone told me the next class is in October, fingers crossed we will get the oppertunity to get into this class but if they have cancelled the one you have said it might already be nearly full at this stage... I have been told that its a company in the north who does the check but I have also been told its through Thurles so i dont know really, how long are you waiting now??

Advertisement