Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Officer Recruitment 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Handyman90

Hi guys everyone who is waiting on results should check there ips message board as I have received mine a short time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Handyman90

Handyman90 wrote: »
    Hi guys everyone who is waiting on results should check there ips message board as I have received mine a short time ago

Sorry wrong from thréad was ment for 2018 post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Davey23 wrote: »
    It surely is, the last time I called them the lady on the phone told me the next class is in October, fingers crossed we will get the oppertunity to get into this class but if they have cancelled the one you have said it might already be nearly full at this stage... I have been told that its a company in the north who does the check but I have also been told its through Thurles so i dont know really, how long are you waiting now??

The guards do the checks 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

It surely is, the last time I called them the lady on the phone told me the next class is in October, fingers crossed we will get the oppertunity to get into this class but if they have cancelled the one you have said it might already be nearly full at this stage... I have been told that its a company in the north who does the check but I have also been told its through Thurles so i dont know really, how long are you waiting now??

Not sure done pct in February. .there is a class for August but that's doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Davey23

Yep doubtful is right, may get someone to light a candle for us 😂😂, Is there anyone left on this thread that got excepted into the college that would be able to give us an insight as to what to expect when we get called ourselfs, as in is there alot of assignments, tests, etc??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 deeodee

I called ips today, still no sign of my clearance, I did my interview in February. From the way things look they don’t seem to bothered to hurry or chase clearance for people so we will just have to wait till it’s done.

Everyday I hope I will get a call from them, thats the sort of stage I am after getting to now because its been so long, yes I know it cant be rushed and so on but even if they could give us a time frame say for instance that we are no.450 of clearance forms to be looked at and they are now on no.10, it would be something like, I would say we are in a pile of clearance forms that just keeps getting topped up and with us going further to the bottom, the new 2018 recruitment campaigners could start before us at this rate ha, hopefully we will hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Everyday I hope I will get a call from them, thats the sort of stage I am after getting to now because its been so long, yes I know it cant be rushed and so on but even if they could give us a time frame say for instance that we are no.450 of clearance forms to be looked at and they are now on no.10, it would be something like, I would say we are in a pile of clearance forms that just keeps getting topped up and with us going further to the bottom, the new 2018 recruitment campaigners could start before us at this rate ha, hopefully we will hear soon
    Guards army and prison officers all waiting on clearance, had made a backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Anyone else from interview in Feb awaiting security clearance? Hope it doesn't take long more

Anyone else from interview in Feb awaiting security clearance? Hope it doesn't take long more

Yeah I am still waiting also. I really hope this is the last round of start dates I’m gonna miss. Anything past October would be a joke

• Advertisement

Still waiting, I also know a girl thats not on boards thats still waiting also...I know people said to me it can take up to a year but hopefully thats not the case, 6 months in now.

Still waiting, I also know a girl thats not on boards thats still waiting also...I know people said to me it can take up to a year but hopefully thats not the case, 6 months in now.

To be honest I think it’s something else that’s holding it up, I have my mother and brother who both did the civil service recently and their Garda clearance only took two weeks to come back.

Its strange alright but a recent comment was saying that the garda, fire and army are all in the recruitment stages aswel... what do you reckon it might be?? Hopefully they are not lost, just joking :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

deeodee wrote:
    To be honest I think it’s something else that’s holding it up, I have my mother and brother who both did the civil service recently and their Garda clearance only took two weeks to come back.

Different level of scrutiny being applied.

Hey everybody I got some good news that my clearance has come back so I will keep my fingers crossed everybody else will here soon aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Davey 23
    Couple of questions you might answer for the rest of us. :
    Can you give us some information as to how long the process has taken for you?
    From passing interview; to starting vetting and finishing vetting?
    Was it IPS who contacted you to inform you that your clearance has come through?
    Have you completed your PCT and medical and are just waiting now for a start date for training?

Hey yes i done the interview in Feb and the PCT in May of this year, your clearance is sent off if you pass the interview so the security clearance took about 6 months total, I recieved word by phonecall from the IPS and will be starting in the college in October.

Thanks for that and the best of luck in training.

Thanks very much Paddy and I will keep my fingers crossed for everyones to come back soon aswel because after going through the process myself of waiting I know there is nothing worse, thanks and goodluck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Precal 2018

Hey yes i done the interview in Feb and the PCT in May of this year, your clearance is sent off if you pass the interview so the security clearance took about 6 months total, I recieved word by phonecall from the IPS and will be starting in the college in October.

Congratulations on getting through. Just wondering did they ring or enquire about references before you started and if so at what stage did they ring them ? Any help will be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement

Thanks, to be honest I dont know if they called the company or not but in regards to contacting me about it I heard nothing, I would imagine they called to check me out but it was never said to me, on the other hand I work for a big enough company, in saying that with my position I would imagine it would have been said to me but it still could be, other than what I have said I really dont know sorry.

My Security Clearance came back, I'm delighted. Just really nervous about the PCT, especially the running, I've not been very active and working more the. 12 hours says it's tough. Anyway with training advice of appreciate a pm. I've 3 weeks to train :-)

How long did it take for your security clearance to come back Tommy- Kerry
    I taught you are called for the PCT while you are waiting for security clearance to come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My Security Clearance came back, I'm delighted. Just really nervous about the PCT, especially the running, I've not been very active and working more the. 12 hours says it's tough. Anyway with training advice of appreciate a pm. I've 3 weeks to train :-)

Look up the bleep test.

Get out and do a run between 15 metres and back.

So step out 15 metres and time yourself you should be able to do them in 3.30mins
    600 metres total for that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuckHuntMadra

Make sure you stretch, for example do 100/150 m then stop and stretch out your legs for a few minutes. Nightmare to get injured at this point. Good luck.

Paddy 42 wrote: »
    How long did it take for your security clearance to come back Tommy- Kerry
    I taught you are called for the PCT while you are waiting for security clearance to come back?

SC took 7 months. After being medically cleared it I just missed out by a day as the pct was full. Then the next was cancelled as there was not enough... So in the the next one now

Does any know if you fail the PCT it says you at two attempts. Are these on the same day or can you come back for the following PCT?

Does any know if you fail the PCT it says you at two attempts. Are these on the same day or can you come back for the following PCT?

Same day I believe.

Can anyone confirm if my calculations are correct?

Basic Pay including Rent Alowance €28,690
    Operational Alowance 8% €2,295.20 (8% of €28.690)
    AH Band 360 €5,072.04 (€14.098 x 360)

TOTAL: *€36,057 €1382.07 Gross Forghtnightly

* EXCLUDING SUNDAY PREMIUM + NIGHT DUTY ALOWANCE

Also can anyone tell me how many hours you get paid for a day? Like do you get paid for lunch or not, and if not how must time is deducted.

If anyone can advise if this is right or pm me, that would be great. Just trying to plan ahead if I pass the PCT.

• Advertisement

Break time is yours so not paid.

Advertisement