Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s screen repair?

Options
  • 08-07-2016 8:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭

What would it cost to replace the screen and glass digitiser of an iPhone 6s? Will Apple do it and if so what sort of cost? A friend of mine accidentally knocked it out of another persons hand the other night in a pub. The lad offered to give him €800 cash to replace the phone but he said he'd be ok just have it fixed as it was an accident with no malice intended.

My advice to him was to get Apple to do it as they will use genuine parts and you know you'll get quality as I have no faith in phone repair shops which seem to pop up and vanish just as quickly and many seem to be run by illegal immigrants.

My mate who bumped the guy asked me to try and find out and I am seeing prices of around €190 -€200 for an iPhone 6s replacement screen service online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Can't help you on the cost, but for future reference a cover like OtterBox will prevent damage going forward.

BTW my friend broke her screen and it cost E90 to fix. Depends on the extent of the damage I'd say, so who knows. Why not bring the phone to a few places and check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It will be 147.30 but he will be charged the full OOW fee of 321.30 just incase there's other damage, if not the rest of the OOW price will be refunded.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/iphone/repair/service/pricing

Advertisement