Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's the best alternative now to Eir?

Options
  • 08-07-2016 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

Now that Eir have upped their prices mid-contract has anyone found any better alternatives or similar plans elsewhere? I'm currently paying €60/month and going up to €67/month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Deub

What do you get for this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Deub wrote: »
    What do you get for this price?
    - Free local and national calls
    - 15MB broadband - the maximum the line is capable of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Deub

Vodafone has this package for 45€/month. They look like the cheapest around for broadband but I don't know if they are the cheapest for broadband + landline phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Vodafone essentials package is currently €40 a month for the first 6 months, €45 a month thereafter.
    you get
    • Unlimited fibre broadband
    • Unlimited anytime calls to all Irish landlines

They have another package called Home Unlimited which is currently €40 a month for the first 6 months and €55 a month thereafter
    • Unlimited anytime calls to all Irish mobiles
      Plus Free Netflix for 6 months

Check Bonkers website for the best deals and the T&Cs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Guys,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir have great offers at the minute if you are interested in staying with us. You can view our bundles here https://www.eir.ie/bundles/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our sales team are more than happy to explore the options available to you. You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/; [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

chasm wrote: »
    Vodafone essentials package is currently €40 a month for the first 6 months, €45 a month thereafter.
    you get

They have another package called Home Unlimited which is currently €40 a month for the first 6 months and €55 a month thereafter

[*]
    the unlimited broadband and unlimited calls to all irish landlines is all I need.........................and eir no longer provide that option. I too received the letter and rang 1800 307 183 number last Thursday my details were taken and i was promised a call back still waiting.
    I have30 days from the date of the letter to shop around and the letter allows you to withdraw from your contract.

kooga wrote: »
    you get

[*]
    the unlimited broadband and unlimited calls to all irish landlines is all I need.........................and eir no longer provide that option. I too received the letter and rang 1800 307 183 number last Thursday my details were taken and i was promised a call back still waiting.
    I have30 days from the date of the letter to shop around and the letter allows you to withdraw from your contract.
    [*]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kooga, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]please feel free to PM me your account details and I will follow up on this.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

[*]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kooga, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]please feel free to PM me your account details and I will follow up on this.[/font]

[*]

Pamela

got a call yesterday back yesterday so thank you. To conclude I will be switching providers as there are better deals out there.

just going to share my current package and offers from loyalty

currently on eir play at €79 pm on an 18 month contract 5 months in
    unlimited broadband phone and tv
    currently the tv is free for 12 months so a saving of €15 plus €2 discount as on DD.

so really paying €62

under the new set up I will be paying €6 pm extra.

the best loyalty could do if I recontracted was a €5 discount pm for 18 months

but if I recontracted I would not get the free tv promotion for 12 months again only for 6 as the same promotion cannot be re applied to my account.

I declined the offer and will shop around.

kooga wrote: »
    [*]

[*]

Pamela

got a call yesterday back yesterday so thank you. To conclude I will be switching providers as there are better deals out there.

just going to share my current package and offers from loyalty

currently on eir play at €79 pm on an 18 month contract 5 months in
    unlimited broadband phone and tv
    currently the tv is free for 12 months so a saving of €15 plus €2 discount as on DD.

so really paying €62

under the new set up I will be paying €6 pm extra.

the best loyalty could do if I recontracted was a €5 discount pm for 18 months

but if I recontracted I would not get the free tv promotion for 12 months again only for 6 as the same promotion cannot be re applied to my account.

I declined the offer and will shop around.
    [*]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kooga,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear that you will be moving your service elsewhere. :([/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mfeeney

you get

[*]
    The unlimited one was what caught my eye, everything my previous contract had, and nearly 10 euro cheaper (or nearer 20 with the price increase) Ironically I had stayed with Eircom/Eir knowing they were a bit dearer but had been happy with their service and effort when issues arose and felt a certain loyalty to them. Simply do not understand how any company would mess customers around like they have done here. I don't for one minute assume other vendors are perfect by any means, I'm not that naive !, but they're effectively forcing me to switch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement