Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Sports

Options
  • 08-07-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Pamela

I was glad to get eir sports 1 and 2 and the BT sports channels. However I can only watch eir sports 1 and 2 on my eir vision tv box. The BT sports channels are shaded out so i can't view them.

I was onto customer service yesterday via the live online support and was told this would be sorted on my box within a few hours. So far there has been no change.

Can you help sort this out? Many thanks.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

John L1 wrote:
    I was onto customer service yesterday via the live online support and was told this would be sorted on my box within a few hours. So far there has been no change.

John L1 wrote:
    Can you help sort this out? Many thanks.

John L1 wrote:
    I was glad to get eir sports 1 and 2 and the BT sports channels. However I can only watch eir sports 1 and 2 on my eir vision tv box. The BT sports channels are shaded out so i can't view them.

John L1 wrote:
    John

I had the same problem, they told me to power the e vision box off and on and the bt channels were visible after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 John L1

Thanks for the reply:) I tried that at the start but it didn't work. After the customer service person said he would sort it and it would take a couple of hours I just assumed it would update automatically.

I'll give it a go again now and see what happens.

Cheers

John

Nah no luck. The 4 bt sports channels are on 422 - 425 and they are the hd channels. I dont have the hd package so they are shaded out.

I can see the bt sports extra channels (nothing on them) but there doesn't seem to be sd versions of the 4 channels. Eir sports 1 and 2 are in listed sd and hd.

Odd.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

Hi John,

Strange one that, hope you get it sorted soon.

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

John L1 wrote: »
    Nah no luck. The 4 bt sports channels are on 422 - 425 and they are the hd channels. I dont have the hd package so they are shaded out.

I can see the bt sports extra channels (nothing on them) but there doesn't seem to be sd versions of the 4 channels.  Eir sports 1 and 2 are in listed sd and hd.

Odd.

John
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]John L1,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and I will get a member of the technical team to look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela

Ive just sent you my account no.

Thanks

John

Hi Pamela

Ive just sent you my account no.

Thanks

John
    Thanks John,
    I'm going through my PM's now and will be back to you soon.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

Couple of questions about the new free eir Sports offering if you don't mind.

I am currently a broadband only customer. I previously had eir TV also. Is it possible to view eir Sports using my eir TV set top box even though I no longer subscribe to the other channels?

Can you confirm that there is no extra charge or contract extension for broadband customers who wish to view the eir sports channels via a Sky box?

Thanks.

I am currently a broadband only customer. I previously had eir TV also. Is it possible to view eir Sports using my eir TV set top box even though I no longer subscribe to the other channels?

Can you confirm that there is no extra charge or contract extension for broadband customers who wish to view the eir sports channels via a Sky box?

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Michael8000,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid this is not possible, you would need to be availing of the eir Vision service to watch eir Sport on your STB.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes I can confirm there is no extra charge or contract required. :)[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Michael8000,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid this is not possible, you would need to be availing of the eir Vision service to watch eir Sport on your STB.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes I can confirm there is no extra charge or contract required. :)[/font]

Fair enough, thanks for the reply Pamela.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Fair enough, thanks for the reply Pamela.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Michael8000, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sorry I couldn’t offer you better news. :([/font]

Hi Pamela

Any news?

John

Hi Pamela

Any news?

John
    Hi John L1,

I have sent you a PM.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

Hi Pamela

Any news?

John
    Hi John,

I was having the same issue last week. I had to reset my eir box via settings and once this was done I was able to view BT sports.

Hcksaw

Hi Pamela

Any news?

John
    Hi John,

I was having the same issue last week. I had to reset my eir box via settings and once this was done I was able to view BT sports.

Hcksaw
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]HcksawJimDuggan,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]A STB reboot seems to be resolving this issue the majority of the time.[/font]

A full reset did the trick:) Thanks Hcksaw. All channels available now.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Hi

Can anybody tell me who I need to talk to to try and get my Sky viewing card(s) with my eir account for eir/BT Sports?

I have logged into myeir and tried to add the numbers via the website but I get nothing but an error message. I have being trying over the last two days and emailed customer services yesterday evening but have received no reply. I want to get this issue sorted asap as I am already a Setanta Sports customer and need to get my card registered to in turn cancel my Setanta sub as I was instructed to do by Eir/Setantas customer services number.

Thanks

Hi

Can anybody tell me who I need to talk to to try and get my Sky viewing card(s) with my eir account for eir/BT Sports?

I have logged into myeir and tried to add the numbers via the website but I get nothing but an error message. I have being trying over the last two days and emailed customer services yesterday evening but have received no reply. I want to get this issue sorted asap as I am already a Setanta Sports customer and need to get my card registered to in turn cancel my Setanta sub as I was instructed to do by Eir/Setantas customer services number.

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi brian_gall85,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues registering for the eir Sport service.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our eir Sport team will be more than happy to help you with this. You can contact them on 0818 203040, they will also be able to arrange cancellation of your Setanta subscription.[/font]

Advertisement