Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Big Issue with installing a home charger

• 08-07-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

We've decided to go for a the Nissan Leaf SVE. Finance in place - heart set on it. Knew there would be some complications as we live in a newly built townhouse which fronts onto a public path with my designated parking space directly across the path. Therefore, the charging point will have to traverse under a footpath to my space. However, as the estate has not yet been handed over to the council and is unlikely to do so for a few years until they finish phase 2 fully - the path is still "controlled" by the developer and we will obviously have to pay to get the cable out (which is all fine). However, they seem very reluctant to get involved!

I've attached a picture to highlight what I'm talking about.

Would anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

highly1111 wrote: »
    We've decided to go for a the Nissan Leaf SVE. Finance in place - heart set on it. Knew there would be some complications as we live in a newly built townhouse which fronts onto a public path with my designated parking space directly across the path. Therefore, the charging point will have to traverse under a footpath to my space. However, as the estate has not yet been handed over to the council and is unlikely to do so for a few years until they finish phase 2 fully - the path is still "controlled" by the developer and we will obviously have to pay to get the cable out (which is all fine). However, they seem very reluctant to get involved!

Thanks

A guy in one of the Facebook groups managed to do similar. However I would advise you to get permission from the council also as they'd most likely have an issue afterwards when they do take control of the estate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Very easy job ,
    Left a row of cobble , use a pick to put a trench s few inches deep ( the regulations escape me at the moment) lay down a pipe put a small plank over it and out cobbles back down

Or dig a hole about about 18 inches deep ,get your pipe( in out shake it all about) and use it it tunnel under the path.

Giving it further consideration and a piece of rebar and a lump or sledge hammer may be the easiest way to tunnel under the path.

But before you do that lift the man hole cover and you'll probably find that it has a cable way straight to the mini traffo pillar.

Then just fit the charger in a 1/4 length of sleeper beside the parking space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

It's easier to be forgiven than it is to get permission!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

highly1111 wrote: »

Thanks

Contact M2C.ie they have installed hundreds of chargers around the country and will know exactly what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

It's easier to be forgiven than it is to get permission!

Amen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

That black box in the muck more than likely has a Duct going to your premises could easily be used

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

If only you lived higher up!

Top%20floor.jpg

Top%20floor%202.jpg

Top%20floor%203.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I would say that the fact that the estate is still in the developers hands is an advantage. keeping pestering them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭148multi

) l

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

SuperS54 wrote: »
    If only you lived higher up!

Top%20floor.jpg

Top%20floor%202.jpg

Top%20floor%203.jpg

Where there's a will there's a way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement