Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is accommodation so scarce ?

Options
  • 08-07-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭

This may be normal in the summer, but I doubt it. I have a birthday party of significance on Saturday 23rd July in Navan, and family from Dublin and Wicklow descending on Navan for the night. Yet there is NOWHERE available in Navan Trim Kells or Slane on that night.
    What on earth could be the reason for this ? I've wracked my brain. It's not GAA or horse racing. Very strange

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

There are a couple of things on but nothing major by the looks of it. No idea :/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Yet there is NOWHERE available in Navan Trim Kells or Slane on that night.

Are you talking about hotels? If so, then there will be weddings in the hotels and a lot of the rooms will be booked by wedding guests. Might be cheaper for your friends/family to hire a bus from Dublin to deliver and bring them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Are you talking about hotels? If so, then there will be weddings in the hotels and a lot of the rooms will be booked by wedding guests. Might be cheaper for your friends/family to hire a bus from Dublin to deliver and bring them back.

There's not much on Bookings.com for hotels or B&Bs. Airbnb has one option I'm waiting on an answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pudsey64

Trim is very busy every weekend with wedding's.
    Which might explain location's close to it full.

Mystery solved....on Sunday 24th July, 5000 cyclists descend on Trim for the RAS Tailteann cycling race. My usual impeccable timing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭PippaChic

There's one room available in Darnley Lodge Hotel Athboy, which is 20 mins from Navan - if that's of any help?

Many thanks. That would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Seems to be a few rooms in Smiths in Kells for that night from looking at the website.

Disclaimer: I'm not involved with it but relatives of mine are.

Advertisement