Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone replacement policy.

Options
  • 08-07-2016 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Eir mobile customer service sucks!
    Rubbish customer service! I had been using iPhone 4 with no problem, and I decided to upgraded to a Sony Xperia Z4 Aqua. Immediately experienced difficulty with the hand set when I traveled to Wales; I couldn't make calls or get mobile data, but I could send and receive text. I assumed it was my lack of Android experience. I struggled to sort this and went back to Eir shop within the 4 week limit for a phone change, where I was given a new SIM Card, not a return or exchange. The similar problems continued. On returning to the shop, I was told I could not change the phone, although I had previously presented within the specified period. I subsequently handed in the phone to be sent back to Sony for assessment. the phone was returned with a "Hardware item" replaced. The phone still doesn't work. It drops the network. I miss lots of calls, some going directly to voicemail. "authentication problem" regularly occurs when I come home and try use the Wifi. and during usage, when I have no problems with any other devices being used at the same time Same when I try and automatically connect with other regular Wifi networks.
    The store manager said they could only help me if the problem is verifiablel; well unless he is willing to call to my house or come into work with me, all I can do is show the screen shot of the problem.
    I've wasted so much time with Eir. I'm sorry I ever went with them, as customer service is akin to talking to cult members at the door. A recorded message, with no intention of listening to anything, other than paying to upgrade to a more expensive phone! I couldn't be more pessimistic as I prepare to go back to the Eir shop for the 5th time!!! Life is too short for this crap!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Eir mobile customer service sucks!
    Rubbish customer service! I had been using iPhone 4 with no problem, and I decided to upgraded to a Sony Xperia Z4 Aqua. Immediately experienced difficulty with the hand set when I traveled to Wales; I couldn't make calls or get mobile data, but I could send and receive text. I assumed it was my lack of Android experience. I struggled to sort this and went back to Eir shop within the 4 week limit for a phone change, where I was given a new SIM Card, not a return or exchange. The similar problems continued. On returning to the shop, I was told I could not change the phone, although I had previously presented within the specified period. I subsequently handed in the phone to be sent back to Sony for assessment. the phone was returned with a "Hardware item" replaced. The phone still doesn't work. It drops the network. I miss lots of calls, some going directly to voicemail. "authentication problem" regularly occurs when I come home and try use the Wifi. and during usage, when I have no problems with any other devices being used at the same time Same when I try and automatically connect with other regular Wifi networks.
    The store manager said they could only help me if the problem is verifiablel; well unless he is willing to call to my house or come into work with me, all I can do is show the screen shot of the problem.
    I've wasted so much time with Eir. I'm sorry I ever went with them, as customer service is akin to talking to cult members at the door. A recorded message, with no intention of listening to anything, other than paying to upgrade to a more expensive phone! I couldn't be more pessimistic as I prepare to go back to the Eir shop for the 5th time!!! Life is too short for this crap!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]HappyScribbling,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration with this and I'm very sorry to hear you have experienced these issues with your handset.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Troubleshooting would be required to determine if this is a handset or coverage issue as unfortunately indoor coverage is not guaranteed.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend calling into the store for the best support on this as unfortunately I would be unable to troubleshoot this from here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies I cannot assist you further with this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement