Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2016, July 9, Stage 8: Pau / Bagnères-de-Luchon *SPOILERS*

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Dcully wrote: »
    Impressive from Froome for sure.
    Sagan has been doing it for a few years.

Position is nothing new but pedalling at the same time, that I haven't seen?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Position is nothing new but pedalling at the same time, that I haven't seen?

Sagan does it all the time. I've seen plenty of others do it as well. Froome just pedalled a lot more than normal because the descent wasn't the steepest.

My 2c. It was a pretty straight and untechnical descent. Exceptional descending skills weren't really needed, just single mindedness and power. I'm not trying to detract from Froomes ride, it was grand. But he hasn't suddenly morphed into superb descending expert. The time gaps dropped a little every time there was hairpins. On a more technical descent Valverde would have caught him handily.

Valverde didn't go full gas at that descent. He was "glass cranking". I have no idea why, but he put feck all into it. The 2 BMC guys didn't work well at all. Also bizarre. Dan Martin should have jumped after Froome, but didn't. Bizarre.

The chasers made an absolute balls of it. Fair play to Froome, he took advantage of a terrible response to his attack.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

As a mountainbiker and Kerry road cyclist, that is the most terrifying position humanly possible. It's just asking to go over the bars at the merest hint of a pothole.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

Froome had a 54 chain ring. Does that mean this was planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,405 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Raymzor wrote: »
    Froome had a 54 chain ring. Does that mean this was planned?

Brailsford basically said so afterwards even though froome claimed it wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

xxyyzz wrote: »
    As a mountainbiker and Kerry road cyclist, that is the most terrifying position humanly possible. It's just asking to go over the bars at the merest hint of a pothole.

:D He wouldn't try that on the roads of Ireland. The a+e's will be packed to the rafters.
    I knew there would be copycats.

https://twitter.com/kidsracing/status/751854526299340800/video/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Froome was fined 200 francs for hitting the spectator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Orica Bike Exchange's "Backstage Pass" for the day includes a clip of a young lad in a Sliabh Luachra CC jersey and flying a tricolour waving on Dan on the top of the Tourmalet, around 3:20 in the below

https://youtu.be/5iNTLmSmm0Q

Advertisement