Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Mortgage

• 08-07-2016 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all. I am in the process of getting a mortgage with Ulster bank. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with them? I am leaningbtowards the 3 year fixed rate. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,252 ✭✭✭✭km79

GaaNuts100 wrote: »
    Hi all. I am in the process of getting a mortgage with Ulster bank. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with them? I am leaningbtowards the 3 year fixed rate. Thanks.

With them and their very high variable rates for the last 7 years
    Hopefully LTV will be below 90% soon so I can switch ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

Why would you fix with them when other banks (AIB) are already offering better variable rates than their fixed rates. Variable rates are going to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GaaNuts100

Cilar wrote: »
    Why would you fix with them when other banks (AIB) are already offering better variable rates than their fixed rates. Variable rates are going to drop.

Fair enough but how can you know for sure that the variable rates will drop? The european central bank cannot drop the rates any lower. There is a bit of security in fixing for 3 years at 3.35%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

GaaNuts100 wrote: »
    Fair enough but how can you know for sure that the variable rates will drop? The european central bank cannot drop the rates any lower. There is a bit of security in fixing for 3 years at 3.35%.

Euro zone mortgage averages are around 2%. Lack of competition in Irish market has been delaying the drop, but it is currently ongoing for the past year and will continue.

Advertisement