Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've got a weird problem

Options
  • 09-07-2016 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi all,

I sent off my RBN1 form last month and did the whole post off a signature page and chased it up 2 weeks later (yesterday) but it was declined because my business address isn't in Ireland.

The short and sweet of it is I'm from Dublin, but my main employment has me in the UK or Germany so I was using a UK address for the Business registration. The business I want set up is an Internet business so I won't be renting a commercial office. I don't think it would be suitable to use my family residential address in Ireland as a business address. Is there any work around that you can help me with?

Extra info
    All of my sales and money will be going through Ireland, Ebay.ie -> Paypal.ie -> BOI account, hence the preference for an Irish business

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where do you actually live? Where do you pay your income tax? That is where you should be registering your business AFAIK, irrespective of what bank accounts you use to manage the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ans Blix

I live in Germany, I pay income tax to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ans Blix wrote: »

Let's be honest using .ie sites is not the reason you want to register in Ireland! Unless you live or work in Ireland then you shouldn't really have a business registered in Ireland.

jimmii wrote: »
    Let's be honest using .ie sites is not the reason you want to register in Ireland! Unless you live or work in Ireland then you shouldn't really have a business registered in Ireland.

No but its pretty convenient when my Irish paypal is already linked to my Irish Bank account, because its not possible to link an Irish paypal to a UK bank account (for example)

Also if i have a full time income in the UK from a stable job I'll end up having to pay more tax if have more income on top of that right? So why not pay 2 lower tax rates rather than 1 higher tax rate?

Thats my reasoning behind it all anyway, is it possible to set up in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

So you do not have an Irish address you can use, Parents, Siblings, Friends, Random guy on bus?

• Advertisement

Well parents yes, but II just think its dodgy as hell to have a residential address for a commercial registration... I don't want to get them in trouble for whatever reason... :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Well parents yes, but II just think its dodgy as hell to have a residential address for a commercial registration... I don't want to get them in trouble for whatever reason... :-/

Its going to look dodgy no matter what way you do it given you aren't a resident in Ireland and don't have any income in Ireland and just want to pay tax in Ireland! You could rent an office and set up a company there or else use an accountant and have a business registered to their address. Without having a physical address in Ireland it's going to be hard to set it up I would think. Also it's not really that dodgy to have a business registered to a residential address I had a business in Dublin registered to an address in Wicklow and Revenue never had an issue with it even when I rang up to check it was OK.

If you really want to do things the right way you should be registering a new PayPal account you can have euro transactions going through a UK registered account I have some sitting in my account that's linked to my UK bank account at the moment.

Advertisement