Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen appliance fitted not the one I paid for

Options
  • 09-07-2016 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Recently got a new kitchen from a reputable company in Co Louth. Decided to stretch myself and bought Neff appliances from the same kitchen provider. Appliances were all fitted earlier this week correctly except for a telescopic extractor fan. On the day the fitters seemed unaware that one was paid for so I called the company office. Was informed a number of them were on order and arriving the following day and said that it would be fitted yesterday (Friday afternoon) instead.

Access was given yesterday to the fitters as its a new house. I arrived later yesterday evening to find an incorrect appliance fitted. Not only a different model but a different brand. A quick online search also finds that it's €207 cheaper than the one I've already paid for.

Immediately contacted the company. Initially I gave them the benefit of the doubt as it may have been a mistake. However I was astounded when the office manager said that there was a production issue with Neff in Germany and that this "does the same job and they fitted this instead" I was furious. Not once was it ever mentioned to me prior to installation of any problems. Waited on a call back from the owner but didn't receive it.

Where do I stand here? I prepaid in full a small fortune (bad mistake) for these appliances. I now have a cheaper model (€207 less) than what I paid, which is also a different brand from all my other appliances already installed. Furious is not a word I use too often but am here. Feel like they attempted to pull a fast one here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Your "Contract" with the supplier was you paid them to supply and fit a Neff Extractor fan.
    They have not completed their side of the contract.
    You want your Neff fitted now or your money back now!

Fitting the other extractor has no connection with the original contract to fit the Neff! You had no contract with them to supply or fit the other product. That was their "idea" and has nothing to do with you!

You could come to a separate agreement now to purchase what was fitted for a suitably reduced price (it is now a used item) but that has no bearing on the original contract to supply and fit a Neff Extractor fan. Keep it that way and the water doesn't get muddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You can call the Irish agent for Neff to establish if the story about the 'production issue' is true or not but it sounds like complete BS. From what you're saying, it's a new build and you're not yet living there so they could easily have waited the couple of weeks it would have taken to ship in the item.

http://www.neff.ie/contact-us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Call into their premises so the senior manager/owner cant dodge you and keep doing it every couple days until they complete the original contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

coylemj wrote: »
    You can call the Irish agent for Neff to establish if the story about the 'production issue' is true or not but it sounds like complete BS. From what you're saying, it's a new build and you're not yet living there so they could easily have waited the couple of weeks it would have taken to ship in the item.

http://www.neff.ie/contact-us.html

+1 on this. I seriously doubt Neff which is supposed to be a top of the range appliance line would be happy with one of their stockist lying to customers, that is of course there is a production issue. I seriously doubt Neff are out of stock on an item temporarily though

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭sailing

Received a call this morning from the company owner with an apology. The appliance is being replaced early next week. Was very much forthcoming in saying they were in business many years and this was regrettable.

To be fair they contacted Neff first thing this morning themselves to notify them of my complaint against themselves, most probably suspecting they were my next port of call.

The item is being replaced early next week and Neff are sending a set of pots along with it as a gesture of good will, which was an offer made by them and not something I was looking for.

I still feel to an extent feel like a fast one was being pulled but I'm happy that it's now resolved to my satisfaction. Thanks for the replies above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement