Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sign of house on the price register yet

Options
  • 09-07-2016 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

We bought and sold in early may, soon after the house we bought went up on the price register, the house we sold, to the council and still not lived in, has still not appeared yet. Is this up to the estate agent or solicitor from to sort this out, or do some houses just not go up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I think your solicitor has 3 months to put it up on the register. Don't think it's your issue anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

The house I was renting was supposedly sold last year, still no sign on price register :(

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Our house was and still is listed with spelling errors. Makes is very difficult to find. Maybe that's happened in your case too?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

A house that we made an offer on was subsequently sold. It was at least a year ago. It's not on the register. Can I contact anyone to find out? There was an issue with money owed the the bank by the vendor so I would like to know what was paid for it in the end.

• hairyslug wrote: »
    We bought and sold in early may, soon after the house we bought went up on the price register, the house we sold, to the council and still not lived in, has still not appeared yet. Is this up to the estate agent or solicitor from to sort this out, or do some houses just not go up.

Houses sold to the council don't appear on property price register as they don't pay Stamp duty and thats where the figures are pulled from I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

How does one sell a property to the Council?

Are Dublin co cos part of this scheme?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How does one sell a property to the Council?

Are Dublin co cos part of this scheme?

thanks.

Either contact them; or they do also make offers sometimes. All councils do it, just at varying volumes and they have rules for what they buy.

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-housing/sell-your-home-council for instance.

For private sales failing to appear, look for typos, the name being put in in Irish etc. Sometimes solicitors seem to deliberately mess up the data entry to 'hide' the sale but you can find every house sold in a period and it'll be visible there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

L1011 wrote: »
    Either contact them; or they do also make offers sometimes. All councils do it, just at varying volumes and they have rules for what they buy.

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-housing/sell-your-home-council for instance.

Thanks very much.

I am thinking SDCC. I did contact them by phone and email. No reply, and the phone person had not got a clue what I was talking about either!

Contacted my local Councillor on SDCC an he thought it was a great idea and would bring it up at the next meeting. Still waiting...

Some might wonder why we wouldn't just put the place for sale on the open market.

Well, we have the same tenants for years. One of them is now very ill, and they qualify for Rent Supplement.

Just trying to sell it with them still there if possible.

I do realise they may not be able to stay there, but at least they can while the property is being sold without lots of viewers traipsing in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would suggest you get your tenants to talk to SDCC about Applicant Sourced Housing - in theory they try to sign a 20 year lease but it would give you direct access to the people who can make those decisions. If you sold it to the council otherwise they would not be guaranteed to be the tenants but as they are already on the housing list (hence the RS) they should qualify for ASH.

Advertisement