Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders prices gone up in Cork?

Options
  • 09-07-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Pricing a 60 sq.m one-storey extension with hipped roof and are being quoted between €110000 and €120000 ex. VAT
    builders finish. Is this the going rate nowadays 2000 euro per sq.m.? I have read posts quoting 1200 - 1500 per sq m on the forum so this seems a bit of a jump?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I'm seeing 1750 for a good standard of finish in typical housing extensions inclusive of VAT locally in North Dublin.
    That included painted, bathroom tiled and fitted out but excluded floor finishes and kitchen.
    2k is on the higher end imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Teach2

kceire wrote: »
    I'm seeing 1750 for a good standard of finish in typical housing extensions inclusive of VAT locally in North Dublin.
    That included painted, bathroom tiled and fitted out but excluded floor finishes and kitchen.
    2k is on the higher end imo.

Thanks for that - thought so, i'll have to look for more quotes me thinks

Teach2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that - thought so, i'll have to look for more quotes me thinks

Just make sure that the spec you give them is like for like so you are comparing quotes accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mayweather33

That seems like crazy money as do a lot of other quotes ive seen here lately on these boards.
    Me and my dad build his last house 6 years ago 2 bathrooms 4 bedrooms 2 sitting rooms all in for 100000 and he sold it for over 300000 2 years back.
    That was 10 minutes outside water ford city.
    We did a lot of the work ourselves though so saved a fortune that way.

That seems like crazy money as do a lot of other quotes ive seen here lately on these boards.
    Me and my dad build his last house 6 years ago 2 bathrooms 4 bedrooms 2 sitting rooms all in for 100000 and he sold it for over 300000 2 years back.
    That was 10 minutes outside water ford city.
    We did a lot of the work ourselves though so saved a fortune that way.

6 years ago was 2011, right in the depth of the recession where it was cheaper to pay a trades to do the work than do it yourself.

Also, you did the work yourself, different situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dohersa01

mayweather33 im looking to build in Waterford, do you mind sharing the names of contractors, thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement