Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics and prayer

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

So in reality "heaven & hell" exist only in the minds of the faithful.
    Nope. Heaven and Hell exist its just that those without faith do not believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,629 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Nope. Heaven and Hell exist its just that those without faith do not believe it.

Narnia exists too

Every country should aspire to take its neighbours land and wipe out the indigenous population? Not very "Christian" of you.
    God gave Israel to the Jews. Israel is the best thing that every happened to the middle east. Indeed many of Israel`s Arab neighbours are now benefiting from Israeli trade and expertise. The Palestinians could too if they got rid of Hamas and stopped bombing Israel.

God gave Israel to the Jews. Israel is the best thing that every happened to the middle east. Indeed many of Israel`s Arab neighbours are now benefiting from Israeli trade and expertise. The Palestinians could too if they got rid of Hamas and stopped bombing Israel.

LOL

Your mask is slipping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ok so Putin insists on high standards in journalism.

More like he asks for high standards in kowtowing.

• Advertisement

LOL

Your mask is slipping ;)

Palestine is another example of a Godless place so no, I am not being inconsistent.

Palestine is another example of a Godless place so no, I am not being inconsistent.

Really?

Because Palestine has a mixture of Muslims, Jews and Christian people.

93% of them are Muslim, or are they only "godless" because they don't follow your particular brand of religion?

Really?

Because Palestine has a mixture of Muslims, Jews and Christian people.

93% of them are Muslim, or are they only "godless" because they don't follow your particular brand of religion?
    Nope. Because they wage war on Israel. If God will not permit the destruction of Israel by the whole world He will certainly not permit it by Palestine. The Israelis handed the Gaza strip back to Palestine a few years ago and it became a base to launch attacks on Israel. Every religion has its false Prophets and Islam is no exception.

Nope. Because they wage war on Israel. If God will not permit the destruction of Israel by the whole world He will certainly not permit it by Palestine. The Israelis handed the Gaza strip back to Palestine a few years ago and it became a base to launch attacks on Israel. Every religion has its false Prophets and Islam is no exception.

Yeah i think you have been watching too much FOX news, Explains a lot actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Yeah i think you have been watching too much FOX news, Explains a lot actually.

Given his love of Putin, I'd say Russia Today would be more his cup of tea.

• Advertisement

Given his love of Putin, I'd say Russia Today would be more his cup of tea.
    You are correct there PopePalpatine. I watch it as a counterbalance to western media and then make up my own mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,522 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Right, I think I have your question in these two sentences. Regarding the second sentence, that is the way the religious tell it and it used to be my understanding until I gave the matter some thought. Now, I think the crucifixion was a lesson or an example.

Regarding the first question, God did not crucify Himself but He choose not to save Himself in the hope that the faithful would think about and understand why He did not save Himself. The crucifixion was an act of evil. It was perpetrated by people who did not fully understand what they were doing.

Ah, so you're working on your own individual interpretation of Christianity. That's fair enough. I imagine there are as many types of Christianity as there are Christians. Each version of Christianity is equally valid I suppose.

Ah, so you're working on your own individual interpretation of Christianity. That's fair enough. I imagine there are as many types of Christianity as there are Christians. Each version of Christianity is equally valid I suppose.
    As a Christian, I think there is only one true God and only one correct interpretation of Christianity but I respect everyone`s right to hold a different opinion, within reason.

Driving a truck into a crowd is wrong and so is any individual or religion that condones such things.

As a Christian, I think there is only one true God and only one correct interpretation of Christianity but I respect everyone`s right to hold a different opinion, within reason.

Driving a truck into a crowd is wrong and so is any individual or religion that condones such things.

I think you might have forgotten what I was asking you about.

To paraphrase, I was asking about whether god makes the rules with respect to substitutional atonement. Substitutional atonement being a normal interpretation of the crucifixion in Christianity. You went round the houses before telling me that you figured out an interpretation of Christianitywhere the crucifixion wasn't substantial atonement, instead it was a lesson to humanity.

Your appear to have an interpretation of Christianity which is unique to yourself, a religion of 1. Since there's no way to test any of the interpretations of any of the gods, your interpretation is as valid as mine or the Pope's or anybody else.

The bit about the truck is true but I've no idea why you're telling me.

I think you might have forgotten what I was asking you about.

To paraphrase, I was asking about whether god makes the rules with respect to substitutional atonement. Substitutional atonement being a normal interpretation of the crucifixion in Christianity. You went round the houses before telling me that you figured out an interpretation of Christianitywhere the crucifixion wasn't substantial atonement, instead it was a lesson to humanity.

Your appear to have an interpretation of Christianity which is unique to yourself, a religion of 1. Since there's no way to test any of the interpretations of any of the gods, your interpretation is as valid as mine or the Pope's or anybody else.

The bit about the truck is true but I've no idea why you're telling me.
    The bit about understanding is also true. The catch is that to understand you have to take what you know (based on life experience, on what you have read and heard etc), blend it thoroughly with what your conscience tells you is right and then mull it all over on a regular basis. Most people do not do that. Hence, understanding is lacking in the world. If it were not lacking, a lot more people would likely arrive at similar conclusions.

The bit about understanding is also true. The catch is that to understand you have to take what you know (based on life experience, on what you have read and heard etc), blend it thoroughly with what your conscience tells you is right and then mull it all over on a regular basis. Most people do not do that. Hence, understanding is lacking in the world. If it were not lacking, a lot more people would likely arrive at similar conclusions.

You came to that conclusion but the last thing religions want is people thinking about it. At best they will end up free-styling their own theology as you did, at worst they will realise they don't actually believe it.

This conversation is spent. Cheers for the chat.

Advertisement