Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Writin' Music

Options
  • 09-07-2016 11:42am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I've about 4 months ahead of me where I'm going to be doing a huge amount of writing for my thesis so looking for recommendations for music to listen to.

Usually listen to instrumental rock (post-rock) and some classical (I particularly like Ludovico Einaudi and Brain Crain) when working but I'm happy to take any suggestions away from these.

All I really ask is for music with minimal/non-intrusive vocals, as I find them distracting when working. Youtube videos of examples of suggestions would be very helpful :)

Thanks!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I've been listening to a lot of Berlin School music at work lately. Early Tangerine Dream/Ashra type stuff up to modern day stuff.
    I like Alba Ecstasy in particular. Have a search for him, or Berlin School on Soundcloud - there's a few good playlists there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Try some Tim Hecker (it's ambient/drone/soundscape kinda stuff)

or some Bill Evans and Jim Hall (jazzy piano and guitar, one of those albums you can get really involved in or float away to)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thanks guys, that's exactly the sort of stuff that suits me

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement