Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Battery Fault.... Cant find the battery!

Options
  • 09-07-2016 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

I have a HKC control panel with the battery fault light on it. I opened the panel but cant see anything that resembles a battery inside. I have uploaded the picture here of the panel. Could anyone tell me what battery i need to replace? (I suspect i am just being dumb)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

The battery causing the fault report is in the main panel. i.e. The box measuring about 35cm x 25cm possibly (but not necessarily) close to your electricity consumer board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Your pic is showing a remote keypad, not a control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Avns1s wrote: »
    The battery causing the fault report is in the main panel. i.e. The box measuring about 35cm x 25cm possibly (but not necessarily) close to your electricity consumer board.

Brilliant thanks. Goes to show how much i know about the alarm. Found the main panel and i can see the battery inside. I guess i need to get a 12v 7.2Ah Battery to replace it with. The problem i have is that if the power goes the siren sounds. Is it possible to stop the siren from sounding so i can cut mains while completing the battery replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Just take a pic of the battery and organise a replacement. You'll have it swopped in seconds and the siren will stop. Try putting in your alarm code. It should stop the inside bell at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

The problem would be that the siren seems to come from where the mains box is so it ear splittingly loud. I wouldnt be able to put the code into the keypad as the mains would be off (and there would be no battery!). I can always find a pair of headphones to wear if needs be :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement