Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube Attain SL 2016 vs 2012 Canyon Roadlite

Options
  • 09-07-2016 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice! I'm entitled to CTW again this year and I have an itch to use it! Currently I have a 2012 Canyon Roadlite with Mavic Aksiums and full 105 groupset. But I'm tempted by the idea of a new cheap-ish bike! The Cube Attain SL was recommended by a few and seems similar enough to what I have except brand new.

The way I look at it the € 1,200 price-tag becomes € 690ish via the scheme and then if I got € 400 (or is that completely unrealistic?) for my Canyon then the brand new bike would only cost me a few quid! I gather it has a newer version of the groupset and obviously it would be shiney and new! :)

Am I right saying the bikes would be pretty similar or would the Cube be considered a "downgrade" in terms of overall bike? I don't race or anything, just commuting and sportives. Don't wanna buy a mountain bike or a cyclo-cross bike or anything like that. I know there's a carbon version for € 1,500 but I'm not mad on the colour scheme and dunno if it'd be worth all the extra money.

Any advice appreciated thanks! Does anyone have a 2016 Attain SL and an opinion on it?

(also my new employer uses that Cycle2Work company so online bike isn't an option!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭fat bloke

You'll easily get that for the Canyon if it's in good nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

fat bloke wrote: »
    You'll easily get that for the Canyon if it's in good nick
    Thanks for the reply! Ah it's had a bit of wear and tear along the way but is generally in good nick. Have changed a few minor things on it recently (wheels, bar tape etc) so hopefully that'll help.

Anyone any comments on that Cube? Obviously the shiney new bike part is a benefit or would anyone think a bit of a step down from the Canyon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

Just a quick last bump to see if anyone else has any thoughts on the Attain SL? Thanks!

Advertisement