Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blinds for an office

Options
  • 09-07-2016 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

i am not looking for blinds but need something for office windows in the office i have just moved to. given the way the windows open i cant put in blinds and there is some kind of a large sticker on the windows now which has the previous business name, details etc. it lets the people inside look out through it and from the outside it blocks people looking in and is a good advertisement. does anyone know where i could get something like this?
    edit - i think i have it p its called one way vision film

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

Window film. Privacy/solar control Amazon, Ebay etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Any sign maker can do this for you with your own logo.

You'll see it on some busses too.

Any signage goes on the window before the window film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

mrawkward wrote: »
    Any signage goes on the window before the window film.

This particular product is different - it has thousands of small holes in it and on one side its a pale grey and its easy to see out into the natural light. The other side is printed and even from a small distance you can see the advertising graphic.

For the OP - it will suck a fair bit of natural light out, so I'd recommend that you don't cover the entire window. Leave a 30cm gap at top & bottom to ensure you keep plenty of natural light.

There are a huge range of window films available with light transmission rates from 20% upwards, utilising various technologies including tinted, metallized and printed frosted effects, in addition to hole puched opaque films. Best ones are made from PET film coated with a clear water activated adhesive on one face. Google 3M widow films to see the range of products, though they are at the top pricewise. You need to decide what effect you wish to achieve to select the right film

• Advertisement
Advertisement