Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport app on Android?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi I am an Eir broadband customer, I have the green app on my android phone (latest update) and I am trying to cast to my Sony Android TV (latest update). Login is no problem and the stream works fine on the smartphone, but the chromecast to the TV starts but then fails and the message FOR EVERY PROGRAMME  is something like "This programme is restricted due to copyright reasons"....
    Other apps cast perfectly to the TV. I phoned the eir sport support people who were pretty unhelpful (despite the extortionate cost of the call) and said they didn't think Eir sport supported chromecast anymore. In that case why is the chromecast icon still on the app?
    Can anyone advise?
    Thanks
    Hi IRspeedsurfer,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

The eir app opens without problems.
    It shows the available channels.
    I can access the 7 day EPG

Regardless which channel I select, I get the same result ...... spinning indicator on a black screen that eventually shows that very informative

"Something went wrong please try again".

Can you please inform me what error or errors generate this error message?

That is all I wish to know.

Thank you.

Regardless which channel I select, I get the same result ...... spinning indicator on a black screen that eventually shows that very informative

Thank you.
    Hi Johnboy1951,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Thank you.
    Hi Johnboy1951,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Can you please answer my question first?

Thank you.
    Hi Johnboy1951,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid we would be unable to troubleshoot eir Sport issues from here I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, You can contact them directly on 1890260260 or freephone 1901.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Thank you.
    Hi Johnboy1951,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid we would be unable to troubleshoot eir Sport issues from here I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, You can contact them directly on 1890260260 or freephone 1901.

Thanks

Thomas
    All I want to know is what the error message means .......  not help in troubleshooting it.

"Something went wrong please try again"

is anything but descriptive, so a bit more info would be welcome.

Can you not get that info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Thank you.
    Hi Johnboy1951,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    All I want to know is what the error message means .......  not help in troubleshooting it.

Hi Johnboy1951

Unfortunately, we won't be able to retrieve that information. The only department that will be able to assist is 1890260260 as they have the systems & tools to assist. The only link we have regarding this is at https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Thank you.
    Hi Johnboy1951,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Johnboy1951

Unfortunately, we won't be able to retrieve that information. The only department that will be able to assist is 1890260260 as they have the systems & tools to assist. The only link we have regarding this is at https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/

-Kyle
    I have been through those.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭orlaithd12

I have the eir sport app on my android tablet.
    Will I be able to watch the All Ireland Hurling Semi Finals end of July,  as I'm in France then?
    Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Old thread I know but still relevant.

Is there any android box that supports the eir sports app. I want all the family to be able to access the sports but there is no way unless I have my phone with me.

Is there any chance the eir sport app could be launched on other platforms like saorview connect?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement