Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend (find!!) a tailor in Limerick

• 09-07-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Any recommendations for a good tailor to do some alterations? No disrespect to Fit Right or any of those places but I need an actual tailor, the gent I used to use has retired unfortunately.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

Try Leonards on O'Connell Street. I think they do the adjustments for Brown Thomas when required and they have a very high standard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Joe Clancy in Leamy House on Hartstonge St. He's very good and is also a gent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭djdunny

Theres a tailor who works in Esquire on Roches street. He sorted my wedding suit out and it was perfect. Also really nice to deal with. Think his name was Ray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Thanks for all the recommendations guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi all.

Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone knows if you can have a suit tailored in Limerick from scratch? The only result I can find online is Joe Clancy, mentioned above, but his phone number seems to be disconnected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

eljono wrote:
    Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone knows if you can have a suit tailored in Limerick from scratch? The only result I can find online is Joe Clancy, mentioned above, but his phone number seems to be disconnected.

Joe Clancy would be well past retirement age so maybe he has called it a day.
    Sexton for Men in Thomas Street may be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

is Billy Higgin's shop still open ,?

going back decades now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 huron

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Any recommendations for a good tailor to do some alterations? No disrespect to Fit Right or any of those places but I need an actual tailor, the gent I used to use has retired unfortunately.
    Thanks
    The chap who runs Sew Fabulous on Upper Gerard Griffith St is the best tailor in Limerick. He's done my wedding suit and a Fitted Tuxedo and fitted shirt for me in the past 6 weeks. Absolute gent and is cheap as chips. Beats the socks off anyone I've tried up to now in town.

orm0nd wrote:
    is Billy Higgin's shop still open ,?

orm0nd wrote:
    going back decades now.

Yes. His son Liam runs it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Does anyone have any recommedations for a place to go for alterations? I have been to the zip yard but it cost me more to get trousers taken up then they cost in the first place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

cat_xx wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommedations for a place to go for alterations? I have been to the zip yard but it cost me more to get trousers taken up then they cost in the first place!

I'd second Sew Fabulous a few posts up. No fuss, and reasonable prices. He has often opened for us outside of hours if we've forgotten to pick up something, and badly need it.

He's just a few doors up from Hard Knox tattoo on Upr Gerald Griffin St.

The Zip yard should hang their heads in shame at the extortionate prices that they charge people, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

cat_xx wrote: »

Seamless Sewing Studio on Nicholas Street, two doors up from Stix Cafe. Have used them a few times in the last year and always quality work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Crystal Clean Dry cleaners in Raheen are very good too.

cat_xx wrote:

There is a very good alteration shop at the very top of Roches Street next to Costelloe Doors. I have used them myself on a few occasions for curtains and clothing and their pricing is very reasonable indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hey folks, I ended up going to Billy Higgins on Henry Street, very happy with the service and anything you buy there can be tailored to fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

eljono wrote: »
    Hey folks, I ended up going to Billy Higgins on Henry Street, very happy with the service and anything you buy there can be tailored to fit.

Agreed, got the suits for my wedding there a few years ago. Liam is an absolute gent, couldn't recommend highly enough!

Advertisement