Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Per sample answers.

• 09-07-2016 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any sample answers for the new ACCA PERS? I have tried follow the website but am getting confused.

It says on the website All the performance objectives are made up of individual elements. For each performance objective,write a short statement describing your experience

Now there is 5 elements per objective. Do I have to claim all 5 elements to be awarded the objective. Can I write paragraph covering all five or is it better to have say 50 words in a mini paragraph for each one.

Also should I focus more on what I did or what I learned from it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

tkd93 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any sample answers for the new ACCA PERS? I have tried follow the website but am getting confused.

It says on the website All the performance objectives are made up of individual elements. For each performance objective,write a short statement describing your experience

Now there is 5 elements per objective. Do I have to claim all 5 elements to be awarded the objective. Can I write paragraph covering all five or is it better to have say 50 words in a mini paragraph for each one.

Also should I focus more on what I did or what I learned from it?

Hey

I only recently started filling these out but I think the requirement is very unclear.

My understanding is that you have to complete all the individual elements but I would assume that you do not have to write a separate paragraph for each. As long as you achieve all of them that should suffice.

I started mine with what I did to meet the objective and subsequently what I learned from it.

My brother qualified a few years ago and based on the old PER requirements, this was the format which was used.

Crebel81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Hey Crebel81, really appreciate the response.

I was actually expecting abit of abuse for posting here, people thinking I was being lazy.However I have read the website and all the links but it just does not make it clear.

I am actually only part way through the 36 months, am gonna spend a few months focusing on getting the exams. Just emailed ACCA there today to find out if I have to do the PERs and get them signed for this job and do the same again for my next job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 amberzohir

tkd93 wrote: »
    Hey Crebel81, really appreciate the response.

I was actually expecting abit of abuse for posting here, people thinking I was being lazy.However I have read the website and all the links but it just does not make it clear.

I am actually only part way through the 36 months, am gonna spend a few months focusing on getting the exams. Just emailed ACCA there today to find out if I have to do the PERs and get them signed for this job and do the same again for my next job.

wondering if you complete yours yet, would appreciate any help as im struggling my self in completing mine.

Advertisement