Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2016, July 10, Stage 9: Val d'Aran / Andorra Arcalis *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I wonder is the heavy rain activating Alpecin's caffeine shampoo and helping Dumoulin to win??! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Doumolin in yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Porte always looks for Froome when he breaks!

Go Dan!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Joaquin Rodriguez
    bazermc wrote: »
    Doumolin in yellow?

NO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

bazermc wrote: »
    Doumolin in yellow?

Nope, cos he was 47 mins behind Froome at the beginning of the day.

Pointless trivia: Dumoulin and Roy Curvers do the Dutch ad for Alpecin. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Dan Martin
    Cant believe the bloody choice of pictures here at the death. Show the main players ffs!!!!!!!! Probably just lost the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

pelevin wrote: »
    Cant believe the bloody choice of pictures here at the death. Show the main players frfs!!!!!!!!

Dont think they can...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Do you see the weather! Were lucky there is any pictures at all 5 years ago we would of had no pictures and would of left it by now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Is Richie Porte just helping people here?

Dan Martin dropping back.

Nope, got back on

• Advertisement

MOvistar lad from the break was there...quintana did nothing, mustnt be feeling it

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Ballsy by Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Fcuk me they've all earned the rest day tomorrow after that climb and weather.

Surely Porte should be helping TJ Van Garderen rather than Froome???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Quintana didnt do a tap and must be feeling it alot. I was certain he would try a few digs at Froome today.

Dan Martin
    When handing out guts Dan was near the front of the queue - even perhaps at times to his own detriment riding all in. A lot easier to like a rider who lays it all on the line time & again though than the cagey ones.

Very different to other years that Froome couldn't simply burn everyone off his wheel. Interesting to wonder if Quintana had something in the tank but is choosing his bullets for the long run, or was he simply on his limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Dan into 3rd.

CnA53zVWIAACUpQ.jpg:large

Dan Martin
    Choochtown wrote: »
    Surely Porte should be helping TJ Van Garderen rather than Froome???

Though if TVG isn't good enough to stay with that group, perhaps Porte is better off riding his own race & gain back some time for himself. He also did look back several times to see the state of play, & eased back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

That was a lovely finish. Froome and Quintana look to be a step ahead. Get the feeling Quintana is holding his bullets until he needs to deliver.

Lucky it wasn't a downhill finish like yesterday with that rain falling.

Provisional Top 10

4614a57a17009d2dfc32f5c6bc47614f.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Does Hinault ever change his clothes? Wears the same every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Does Hinault ever change his clothes? Wears the same every day!

That's the organiser's official Officials outfit. Monsieur Prudhomme and other bigshots can often be seen wearing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Nairo Quintana
    Dan is really looking good this year, the only reason he got dropped temporarily today is because he was the one doing the attacking and the riding, you'd have to think if he was just following the wheels he'd have been super comfortable riding in in that group. Hopefully he can put in a decent TT and leave himself well in the mix for a podium spot in the final week. He already has good time on quite a few of the GC guys who can TT........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Eamonnator wrote: »

Holy shîtsnacks! :eek: I didn't see that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,405 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Nairo Quintana
    thank god for picture in picture

391357.jpg

yes i do watch f1 (occasionally)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

pelevin wrote: »
    Though if TVG isn't good enough to stay with that group, perhaps Porte is better off riding his own race & gain back some time for himself. He also did look back several times to see the state of play, & eased back a bit.

It doesn't matter. Teejay is his team leader. He should have been told to wait. Porte is too far down to really threaten the yellow jersey.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

After all the talk it seems Nibali is willing to help Aru after all, he paced him to the line today and seemed strong at the end. Not sure how much more help he'll give though as I'm sure he'll be on the hunt for a stage win.

Joaquin Rodriguez
    After all the talk it seems Nibali is willing to help Aru after all, he paced him to the line today and seemed strong at the end. Not sure how much more help he'll give though as I'm sure he'll be on the hunt for a stage win.

I reckon Nibali will support Aru, as long as it suits Nibali.

• Advertisement

Dan Martin
    Brian? wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. Teejay is his team leader. He should have been told to wait. Porte is too far down to really threaten the yellow jersey.

I thought they were supposed to be joint team leaders, and I'd also say in general Porte has been a better cyclist in the mountains than TVG, so I'd consider Porte to be as much or even more of a threat to the yellow jersey than TVG, even with his extra time deficit. I don't consider TVG any threat to yellow.

Advertisement