Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Refurbishment

Options
  • 09-07-2016 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hello
    In the next two months my workplace will be closing for a week or two. During this period people wont be able to work in the place. I just was wondering will everyone be entitled to be paid their weeks wages or would everyone be out of pocket. There is other places in the chain I suppose we could be asked to work in but they are a minimum of 30 mins driving away and not everyone has cars.

Any info appreciated
    Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Suppose what they should do is request you take your annual leave during this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

Annual leave would be a good shout.
    Alternatively, there's little to stop them asking for you to turn up as usual, and have transport to take you to another location to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Has it not been mentioned at all at work?

Probably best to contact HR person or your manager to ask about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

_Brian wrote: »
    Suppose what they should do is request you take your annual leave during this time.

Usually it would be direct you to take AL, not request it.

If you don't have the AL, then it's likely to be unpaid leave. Or they may allow you to anticipate it.

Advertisement