Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battleground 2016 Pre-Show & Live Show Thread

• 09-07-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Official_poster_for_Battleground_2016.jpg

First PPV after the reinstated WWE Draft.

Matches on the card so far, include....

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Becky Lynch vs. Natalya

John Cena, Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking, Roman has to be pinned in this match, right? I know he was pinned by Rollins to lose the title but unless they plan on rewarding Reigns with the belt, then he should be the one to take the pin. Though that doesn't make him look strong. Can then make the Rollins/Ambrose match at Summerslam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd expect some sort screwy finish to split the championship in two so both RAW and Smackdown have World Champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd expect some sort screwy finish to split the championship in two so both RAW and Smackdown have World Champions.

oh good I have no trust in wwe doing that in a way that doesn't make one of them look weaker.

Split championship between Ambrose and Rollins, but have Reigns possess the one belt to rule them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

New Day v Wyatts added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

paulie21 wrote: »
    New Day v Wyatts added

Title match or non title?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Title match or non title?

Non title just a six man tag

paulie21 wrote: »
    Non title just a six man tag

Well that's kind of disappointing, you'd think they'd book it for the tag titles.

Yeah, I think t's time for New Day to drop the titles. Maybe a Wyatts win will get them a title shot at summerslam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, I think t's time for New Day to drop the titles. Maybe a Wyatts win will get them a title shot at summerslam

I still think another 3 months of New Day as champs has a lot more potential than Strowman/Rowen. They're so bad like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd much rather see Harper and Bray as champs. Still kinda feel like the titles should have been dropped at the last show to be honest though.

Angron wrote: »
    I'd much rather see Harper and Bray as champs. Still kinda feel like the titles should have been dropped at the last show to be honest though.

Yeah it would be better but I think the usual types would complain if Bray was relegated to the tag division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah it would be better but I think the usual types would complain if Bray was relegated to the tag division.

But it might make him somewhat relevant :P I thought Bo was joining the Wyatt clan, him and Bray as tag champs could work too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

with Styles and The Club being drafted to different rosters, i can see them losing to Cena and Enzo/Cass and the club turning on AJ Ideally they should have Finn cost Aj the match and reunite with Anderson and Gallows but it maybe too early for the Balor Club.
    its 2 vs 1 (raw have Reigns and Rollins and SD have Ambrose) in regards where the WWE title could end up. I think Rollins may win the title and bring it too Raw, while a new 'World Heavyweight Title' will be introducted to SD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    with Styles and The Club being drafted to different rosters, i can see them losing to Cena and Enzo/Cass and the club turning on AJ Ideally they should have Finn cost Aj the match and reunite with Anderson and Gallows but it maybe too early for the Balor Club.
    its 2 vs 1 (raw have Reigns and Rollins and SD have Ambrose) in regards where the WWE title could end up. I think Rollins may win the title and bring it too Raw, while a new 'World Heavyweight Title' will be introducted to SD.

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if
    Ambrose drops the belt to Rollins and then Smackdown crown a new champ at Summerslam. The winner of AJ vs Cena (with no club involvement) at SS will probably be the SD champ (maybe their will be a tournament that will lead to that match being booked for the title).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a double pin of some sort to end it

Chris Jericho hosts The Highlight Reel with Randy Orton.

Becky Lynch vs. Natalya.

The Miz (c) vs. Darren Young for the Intercontinental Championship.

Rusev (c) vs. Zack Ryder for the United States Championship.

Charlotte and Dana Brooke vs. Sasha Banks and a partner of her choosing.

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens.

The New Day vs. The Wyatt Family.

John Cena with Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Club.

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship.

Chris Jericho hosts The Highlight Reel with Randy Orton.

Becky Lynch vs. Natalya.

The Miz (c) vs. Darren Young for the Intercontinental Championship.

Rusev (c) vs. Zack Ryder for the United States Championship.

Charlotte and Dana Brooke vs. Sasha Banks and a partner of her choosing.

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens.

The New Day vs. The Wyatt Family.

John Cena with Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. The Club.

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship.

If sasha's mystery partner isn't bayley then you'd have to wonder what the hell wwe are doing with her.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    If sasha's mystery partner isn't bayley then you'd have to wonder what the hell wwe are doing with her.

It almost definitely is. It'd be why she wasn't drafted, it would quickly cease to be a mystery partner then.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »
    It almost definitely is. It'd be why she wasn't drafted, it would quickly cease to be a mystery partner then.

I've a sick gut feeling that Sasha's mystery partner will be
    Nikki Bella

I hope, hope what I've spoiler tagged is wrong and that it will be Bayley.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Nikki Bella

I actually want
    Nikki
    back BUT in that match there is no point as they can't follow up on it, I am guessing she needs to be on
    Smackdown where DB and John Cena are for the Bella show on E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Nikki Bella

Could be worse, could be Eva Marie :D

Virtanen wrote: »
    Could be worse, could be Eva Marie :D

Ah no
    nikki bella
    is like curt hennig compared to Eva Marie. I still don't get it. I mean Eva's snapchat gives it away that she isn't training. Going to the beach isn't wrestling training. I honestly thought we were past the era of dolly birds who looked nice but didn't know a wrist lock from a wrist watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think the Shield triple threat is a waste unless they all come out in Shield gear

Little bits like that would really add to the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I think the Shield triple threat is a waste unless they all come out in Shield gear

Little bits like that would really add to the match

Remember they wore these bad ass half masks? Would've loved to see these and also some sort of riot gear incorporated for a Mania entrance.

backstage_20140406hm_0149.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Live action shot

0z2vOwv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I loved that look

Pity they only had it for ~2/3 months

I always thought they ended too early, that their face run could have gone longer

But maybe them ending before getting stale is why people will be excited when they do reform sometime down the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone go to the smyths signing in Nov 2013 with the shield ??? Qued for about 2 hours was In the first 25 people to go through remember there was a huge crowd behind me. Who knw I'd be meeting 3 future world champions

Anyway I can see a mick Foley heel turn who will cost ambrose the title so it will stay on raw, expecting shano and Bryan to be involved some way too in the main event

This is unusually quiet..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This is unusually quiet..

I'm back! Anyone else about?

Advertisement