Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - The Final - Portugal vs France, 20:00, RTE, TV3, BBC, ITV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

CSF wrote: »
    I've no side on the United Liverpool argument anyway. I just love Ronaldo and it is beautiful to see him get this after all the abuse he gets on here and just in general really. Champions League and Euro 2016 all in one year equals Ballon D'or assured.

Will you go away, your on a wind up. Its working though he is reading your posts somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

will miss Giles :(

Yes won't be the same without him and Billo RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I swear to god that moth is going to be an internet sensation. It even has its own Twitter page!

https://twitter.com/ronaldosmoth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If that's the case then you can only talk about 10 mins of it in Ronaldo's case.

what? What are you on about?

Messi wasn't playing in that game, why did you bring him up? For what reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SantryRed wrote: »
    The bitterness and trolling on both sides doesn't cease to amaze me. It's bloody another United-Liverpool thing regardless of the discussion. Forum is getting worse.

Anyways, delighted for Ronaldo. One of the greatest ever and i honestly never seen him winning a major international trophy after Portugal messed up in 2004 so happy he can get one. Very poor game though and I can't remember the last decent international final. Maybe 2006. Everyone is just too afraid to make a mistake these days. The finals are really getting worse.

It's mental how invested people are in the Ronaldo, anti Ronaldo stuff. I personally prefer Messi but have nothing but respect for Ronaldo. It was great to see how much he wanted it for his country tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 MadVillainy

Why is it cool to bash Pogba all of a sudden? Not a great tournament, but he has played out of position, and had another great season for Juve. I doubt the lads in studio watch much of Juve though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I swear to god that moth is going to be an internet sensation. It even has its own Twitter page!

https://twitter.com/ronaldosmoth

There's been around 20 or 30 of those pages set up in the last hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I am chuffed for Ronaldo. This is his career moment. He didn't need to play but still had his moment. This is the highlight of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

gandalf wrote: »
    No it's not you could have put money on him taking down Eder if he hadn't received that yellow a minute before the goal.

And what's the excuse for Umtiti who stood off Eder and gave him a free shot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

Says it all about the tournament that the eventual winners won just one game on their way to lifting the trophy.

They are the only team that didn't lose a game for the whole tournament. That's how football works you know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

It was a poor poor tournament

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Why is it cool to bash Pogba all of a sudden? Not a great tournament, but he has played out of position, and had another great season for Juve. I doubt the lads in studio watch much of Juve though.

I doubt they watch much football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm well aware that Dunphy is an absolute troll and there to stir up controversy that isn't necessarily there....

So why do I get annoyed at him... every. bloody. time.

Damn you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

gandalf wrote: »
    No it's not you could have put money on him taking down Eder if he hadn't received that yellow a minute before the goal.

However France should have put the Portuguese away before that happened and they didn't so they paid the price.

That's a weak argument. Many players get undeserved yellow in games and it happens all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I went to sleep at night dreaming of being Kenny Dalglish :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Eamonn really loves the streets.
    Back to the street football and lampposts
    We get the same "street football" malarkey from Dunphy after every major final.

I actually think he's right. Kids are not out playing all day. All protected by their parents from imaginary paedophiles and playing FIFA on Xbox.

As a result the talent pool is less and the players only play with organised teams that are coached.

You can see the impact. Look how Brazil play compared to their teams of the past.

It's changing the game and there will be less natural flair players in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

mansize wrote: »
    BBC give goal of the tournament to Robson Kanu

Shaqiri (sp) for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Augme wrote: »
    What did Clattenburg do wrong? Missed it.
    He had a good game but got abused by the Portuguese and gave Koscielny a YC for handball while it was Eder's. This YC might have influenced Kos not to get in contact with Eder for his goal we'll never know...

We had many opportunities. Rui Patricio had a blinder. We hit the post in the 92nd min. C'est la vie. Portugal did us what Greece did them. That's football.

Ardent wrote: »
    Shaqiri (sp) for me.

And shearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Not the biggest fan of Ronaldo, but it was fcuking billiant to see that emotion on his face lifting the tophy.. Obviously means the world to him winning with his country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

SantryRed wrote: »
    The bitterness and trolling on both sides doesn't cease to amaze me. It's bloody another United-Liverpool thing regardless of the discussion. Forum is getting worse.

In the stadium in Lyon when Ireland got the penalty the guy beside me turned and said "I'm delighted for that prick Evra". I truly couldn't believe it. Not least because it was Pogba who gave it away :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

ha! First time I've endured Dunphy this tournament! "No kid will go to bed dreaming of being Pepe"!

FCB-BETIS_29_.v1326800376.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great move by Ronaldo to bring Eder on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Tough on Griezmann

What kind of money is he going to go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭vidor

It was a poor poor tournament

So say some, but I'll sure as hell miss it come next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

They are the only team that didn't lose a game for the whole tournament. That's how football works you know?
    and Switzerland

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Exactly. They are just complaining about him because of the touted transfer fee. I didn't notice him getting near the box for most of that game - which is where he should be. He is only going to get better too.

vidor wrote: »
    So say some, but I'll sure as hell miss it come next week.

Bring on the Pharmalmpics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

"Heroes" with the French bits - Ouch! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Bowie's French version of 'Heroes' on the Beeb

*les goosebumps*

End of the Weekend, End of the Euros, end of Johnny Giles, Stone Roses gig over..................................ultimate Sunday night FEAR

I feel so much for Griezmann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

iroced wrote: »
    Wow. Irish class.

Ya must have such a miserable life for **** yourself with such things... Human nature is fascinating :D.

Ah be nice. I know you're disappointed but thats the way it is, the neutrals mostly go with the perceived underdogs. Tough luck, really thought you'd do it after Thursday night.

BBC went with with Heros en Francais from Bowie

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

****ing delight for Portugal

Ronalso and Pepe are hero's

Patricio has been the best goalie in the tournament

Delighted the charlatan Deschamps lost

Hopefully for the world cup France give the gig to a proper manager and don't go the Blanc route again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Better teams in Tournament never made it to final.
    All about the draw.

Better teams in Tournament never made it to final.
    All about the draw.

Who Germany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I feel so much for Griezmann

Just think of that crappy celebration he did against us and all those feelings will evaporate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This is going to be like the Bill O'Herlihy farewell :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

THFC wrote: »
    Not the biggest fan of Ronaldo, but it was fcuking billiant to see that emotion on his face lifting the tophy.. Obviously means the world to him winning with his country.

Not a great fan of his either. But a great footballer. I'm only a temporary player on this forum and got carded by a mod for calling him a twat after the Iceland game. I was just maddened by his behaviour. But well done Portugal.

Had a great time on this forum. May apply for access some time in the future. Thanks to the mods and regulars and blow ins for the last few weeks!

Hey at least there is a new winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Where's Poland's trophy so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Johnny Giles.

It's been emotional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Is it OK to think that Sissoko was MOTM? (even if they do give it to Rui Patricio)
    Newcastle should cash in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This is going to be like the Bill O'Herlihy farewell :(

Not really. Bill wanted to go. Giles doesn't. It's all a wee bit awkward if you ask me.

Time of the night when crying gifs are the order of the day. #JohnnyG

mjfls.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

jacool wrote: »
    Is it OK to think that Sissoko was MOTM? (even if they do give it to Rui Patricio)
    Newcastle should cash in now.

Last game as well, absolutely immense performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Happy retirement John!
    Legend

• Advertisement
Advertisement