Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage

• 10-07-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭

Any body advise me should I fix my mortgage now for 2 years I have a rate of 3.2 and variable offer is 3.7 which I no is high will rate drop anymore .aib offer 3.1 variable
    Please advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

sweet 78 wrote: »
    Any body advise me should I fix my mortgage now for 2 years I have a rate of 3.2 and variable offer is 3.7 which I no is high will rate drop anymore .aib offer 3.1 variable
    Please advise

Already discussed in detail in banking secting and accommodation section. Do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Hello, I'm exploring mortgage for house along with my wife as a couple and have got a quote for amount of 500K at rate of 3.4 % variable rate. (approval in principle)
    Please advise if it looks too expensive , cheap or normal
    Many thanks

Nicknamed wrote: »
    Hello, I'm exploring mortgage for house along with my wife as a couple and have got a quote for amount of 500K at rate of 3.4 % variable rate. (approval in principle)
    Please advise if it looks too expensive , cheap or normal
    Many thanks

That rate is good in this market I guess it's a 80% mortgage LTV?

You might get 3.3% or with a current account move 3.2%.

You will repaying over 800,000 with interest charges for the house over 30 years. , Is that what you want?
    Hell of a mortgage what are buying a castle?

I guess you got a good rate due to large size of loan they will make a packet of you lol.

I would be happy with that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

iainBB wrote: »
    That rate is good in this market I guess it's a 80% mortgage LTV?

You might get 3.3% or with a current account move 3.2%.

You will repaying over 800,000 with interest charges for the house over 30 years. , Is that what you want?
    Hell of a mortgage what are buying a castle?

I guess you got a good rate due to large size of loan they will make a packet of you lol.

I would be happy with that rate.

Thanks, I may not borrow the full 500K (They said in letter that we can borrow upto 500K) and we may borrow say 3.5K , I understand that with variable rate I can pay back earlier as well?

Are you serious in your last line or just bit sarcastic :) ?

Nicknamed wrote: »
    Thanks, I may not borrow the full 500K (They said in letter that we can borrow upto 500K) and we may borrow say 3.5K , I understand that with variable rate I can pay back earlier as well?

Are you serious in your last line or just bit sarcastic :) ?

Yes you can pay back early we do each month on var.
    Yea I was serious it's a good rate , people are still getting 4+ on new mortgages and a lot of people on var rate now are on 4+.

• Advertisement
Advertisement