Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vino's

Options
  • 10-07-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any info on Vino's after the make over? I see Buoy's Kitchen on the sign, is it a new restaurant or just a name change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 burnaby

Name change.

Notice in the window while they were closed made it clear they were renovating.

Staff told me on Friday that they had "re-opened".

Menu is similar, but different.

Food was great when I tried it on Friday.

Hopefully the renovations will pay off, and the place will be busier for the summer, and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I really dislike this place: The food, the service and particularly the staff.

I went here and paid well over the odds for mediocre food.

I was hoping that the place had changed but looking at it now, I'm not so sure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

swingking wrote: »
    I really dislike this place: The food, the service and particularly the staff.

I went here and paid well over the odds for mediocre food.

I was hoping that the place had changed but looking at it now, I'm not so sure

What were the customers like? :D:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bennetts

http://www.greystonesguide.ie/when-youre-with-me-oh-buoy/

I have always liked Vino's - I like the food, service and staff. I've never had a bad meal there and do not think it is over-priced compared to other restaurants in the locality that sell very over-priced food that is often mediocre and served rather ungraciously.

I'm looking forward to eating there and don't see why the food quality should change even if the name has.

Good luck Buoy's Kitchen!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Used to really like it but over the last couple of years it has gone really down hill. The main problem is the service and staff.
    I presume they did the refurb and name change (fairly soon after the last one) to try and get away from a bad rep. Rather than change the name of their Facebook page, which has a lot of bad reviews they have setup a new page.

Hopefully they will try and be as good as they once were but in my opinion the service needs improving more than the decor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Jimjay wrote: »
    Used to really like it but over the last couple of years it has gone really down hill. The main problem is the service and staff.
    I presume they did the refurb and name change (fairly soon after the last one) to try and get away from a bad rep. Rather than change the name of their Facebook page, which has a lot of bad reviews they have setup a new page.

Hopefully they will try and be as good as they once were but in my opinion the service needs improving more than the decor.

Had awful service in there once. Unrepentant they were too. Won't be going back unless there is a sea change. There are too many good places around

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

We were there Saturday night.

Service was excellent.

Food was great (Beetroot salmon starter, Hake and Sea Bass main courses)
    Cocktails (for dessert !) were perfect.

Advertisement