Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fridge freezers

• 10-07-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, just buying a new kitchen for our house and I've a few questions on fridge freezers, we were going to buy an American style one but after reading a lot of old threads here last night I now have my doubts.
    Are they still as troublesome as they used to be or have they improved over time?
    Also are there other types of plumbed in frost free fridges that dispense ice and water as this is what attracted us to the American style one in the first place.
    Any help and replies much appreciated,
    Thanks,
    James.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

if you go the top end of the market like siemens etc they are ok, otherwise nothing has changed much, if chilled water isnt essential if you bought a frost free fridge and seperate freezer and fit them side by side with the doors opening from the centre by changing one of them you would have a decent set up. you could have them either free standing or integrated

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

if you go the top end of the market like siemens etc they are ok, otherwise nothing has changed much, if chilled water isnt essential if you bought a frost free fridge and seperate freezer and fit them side by side with the doors opening from the centre by changing one of them you would have a decent set up. you could have them either free standing or integrated
    Have to agree with this. I'd consider the same if in that position, regarding 2 seperate units.

Plus they'd be easier hauled into the house, unlike the awkward American style ones.

I think there are some tall larder fridges that have a water dispenser, though usually not plumbed (a tank you manually fill inside the door).

Advertisement