Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Rubbish

Options
  • 10-07-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes. I am clearing out some household rubbish and I need to get rid of a single bed and few other bits and pieces. I can get access to a Transit size van but nut sure if this will be allowed to bring to on one of the civic amenities.. I checked the website on the one in north strand and from what I can see they don't allow commercial vans.

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend where I can bring the items in a van.. I don't have enough for a skip and want to keep the cost down.. I know I will have to pay but just need to find somewhere that will allow a van.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If the bed is in good condition stick it up on Donedeal for free and someone will take it. Obviously if you need to get rid of it as soon as possible it might not be an option because sometimes it takes a week or two (but we got rid of a couch within a couple of hours once!) but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Can't help with how to get rid of it otherwise I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Thanks. the Bed is not in good condition and I have other items that are not fit for use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

Hi. I know it's probably a bit out of your way but try Oxigen in Ballymount. They operate a pay by weight system at €240 per tonne.

Give them a ring beforehand to ensure that they'll let a van in.

https://www.oxigen.ie/dublin-amenity-centres/37-ballymount-recycling.html

Advertisement